Led grow lights

I'll be getting a 400w cob next, no name brand for about $500. Been using a 200w for a while,

I got a Lushpro 400w COB for about $450.... only been using it for 3 weeks so far and I will be interested to see if LED's are as hopeless as people seem to believe. Only reason I went with LED is due to having solar set up. It still seems to produce a bit of heat but an exhaust fan looks to have sorted it out. I will try to post a few pics later.

Edited by Typhoon

These pre manufacturered COB grow lights are to over powered and the chips are to close together i can totally understand from a shipping cost point of view but the manufacturer really needs to space out the cobs instead of focusing 400w of COB's on a 40x40cm housing they should do it on a 70x70cm housing to help distribute the light better rather than trying to focus more light from a brighter point outwards

what makes LED COB lights so efficient is they are bright and u can run them at lower wattages plus space them out over the entire grow area

the downside is the cost of CREE COB chips

heres mine hung i need to screw on my two drivers and a couple of cooling fans plus sort out the fan power supplies but it gives an idea

space is 90x50cm two CREE CXB3590 chips powered at less than 45watts each is a shit ton of bright light, my wardrobe tent will be running at a total of 150watts (2 kits and 1 exhaust fan)

post-60076-0-02358200-1486268697_thumb.jpg

post-60076-0-50446300-1486268717_thumb.jpg

These pre manufacturered COB grow lights are to over powered and the chips are to close together i can totally understand from a shipping cost point of view but the manufacturer really needs to space out the cobs instead of focusing 400w of COB's on a 40x40cm housing they should do it on a 70x70cm housing to help distribute the light better rather than trying to focus more light from a brighter point outwards

what makes LED COB lights so efficient is they are bright and u can run them at lower wattages plus space them out over the entire grow area

the downside is the cost of CREE COB chips

heres mine hung i need to screw on my two drivers and a couple of cooling fans plus sort out the fan power supplies but it gives an idea

space is 90x50cm two CREE CXB3590 chips powered at less than 45watts each is a shit ton of bright light, my wardrobe tent will be running at a total of 150watts (2 kits and 1 exhaust fan)

So would you recommend only running two of the four lights in the housing for one of the cycles?

So would you recommend only running two of the four lights in the housing for one of the cycles?

Up to you mate i believe there is to much light source it would be better if the light was evened out over the entire canopy that is where the DIY LED's come handy u can place them where ever you like in which ever configuration u chose best to suit your growing area

Up to you mate i believe there is to much light source it would be better if the light was evened out over the entire canopy that is where the DIY LED's come handy u can place them where ever you like in which ever configuration u chose best to suit your growing area

Yeah got all four running just wondered why bother having two switches....my first time running LED's

I've read if u have a LED light with grow and bloom switches its best to have both turned on the entire grow

Most studies show that the plants do best when you have a slow change, so changing the light spectrum over time instead of by the switch of a button will provide a better result. Mimicking natures change of seasons etc has shown to provide the better quality and yield.

Thus a switch changing spectrum may not be preferred, but using a controller that you can program to gradually and daily increase or decrease the light has shown to be most effective.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners mobile app

www.quickbloomlights.com.au

Also on Wickr Username QBLOZ

Most studies show that the plants do best when you have a slow change, so changing the light spectrum over time instead of by the switch of a button will provide a better result. Mimicking natures change of seasons etc has shown to provide the better quality and yield.

Thus a switch changing spectrum may not be preferred, but using a controller that you can program to gradually and daily increase or decrease the light has shown to be most effective.

Speaking for my self i will probably never be able to afford a light like this mate its out of my reach cash wise and i would be very worried if i invested $1500-$3000 in a LED light that possibly someone might steal it i would be devastated if that happen

Speaking for my self i will probably never be able to afford a light like this mate its out of my reach cash wise and i would be very worried if i invested $1500-$3000 in a LED light that possibly someone might steal it i would be devastated if that happen

Don't count yourself out Chrystal. Life has a way of always changing.

Anyways, these lights incl controller are about $1500.

Don't count yourself out Chrystal. Life has a way of always changing.

Anyways, these lights incl controller are about $1500.

I looked at your lights the other week and have seen your add's around the interweb i think its a cool light and its price pretty good compared to other models like the Black Dog that just absolutely rorts ya $3000 $4000 lights i just dont see how they could cost that much

I'll be keen to see some grows from people using your LED light, i am currently going with LED COB DIY light but the setting up is a pain in the ass and the worry what if i have done something wrong or cause a fire it may be well worth buying your lights