Led grow lights

The US has 110v, 240v, 415v, residential use 110v but a lot of people have 240v wired up to there house i thought the whole US at one time only ever used 110v lol

you thought that & i was still thinking that until your post ! 

All good mate if its LED technology the chances are i won't be able to afford it lol

yep , tis why i'm 1 or 2 models behind on mobile phones all the time , wait for the new one to drop so the older gets cheaper 

I was going LED this grow my options were Mars Hydro 300w x2, VIPASPECTRA 300w x2 or the only other thing i could afford was a DIY LED COB setup in a way i am glad i went with the DIY but just buying pre built lights would have saved a lot of work and building plus worrying if i am doing everything right, i just hope the effort pays off

for anyone wanting to go DIY LED here are a few options

3070 COB chip light kit (comes assembled as pictured) http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut2791

(when they mention housing down the bottom they just mean some way of hanging the light, 12volt fan driver they mean a 12volt power supply old phone chargers or car battery chargers can be converted etc.. a driver u can get this from ebay up to 50watts of power just match the voltage and amp's

3590 COB chip light kit (comes assembled as pictured) http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut2792

i have two of the above in a 90x50cm area i was reading 19,100 lux or 380 umol with 1 light turned on and right in the corner of the side with light on, the meter was 35cm from the light

i was reading 350 umol is considered decent light for plant growth

forgot one more http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut3164 the Vero29 u will find alot of the Americans use this LED COB light

Edited by Chrystal

Guys,sorry for dropping in,been following you through entire thread and really sounds like you understand LED'S. Could you please provide me with some knowledge on growfresh spider cob 400w led. I've searched up and down,in & out,and keep getting differing info. Just spent $480 on one and don't know whether to be happy or spent it on schappel  corby's defence. Please help.

• Upvote 1

Guys,sorry for dropping in,been following you through entire thread and really sounds like you understand LED'S. Could you please provide me with some knowledge on growfresh spider cob 400w led. I've searched up and down,in & out,and keep getting differing info. Just spent $480 on one and don't know whether to be happy or spent it on schappel  corby's defence. Please help.

Bob now u have purchased it do a run if it turns out shit just pull it a part and wack in some known cob chips if it doesnt already contain them

I'm an LED believer - with that said, in a perfect world I'd run a CMH fixture in my tent (my brother runs 2 and has spectacular results). Sadly, my wife would castrate me if I spent that kind of dough on lights and I have bugger-all headroom in my space anyway.

So, I pulled the trigger on some parts a couple days ago and will be building a light when all the bits get here. Once I've put it together I'll post some pics.

Rather than go the traditional COB route, I'm building a light using 20 high powered led strips. It will draw around 250w from the wall @ about 170 lumens per watt (driven reasonably softly) so its nice and efficient. This also lets me get away with passive cooling and I can build a light that is pretty much the same width and depth as my grow - the beauty here is that even at the very edges of your space, your plants are still getting the same intensity of light as the buds in the middle. With good canopy management and training I'm hoping this translates to improved yields despite the lack of penetration. I have a feeling I'll need to SCROG from now on to make the most of this. Not happy about that - the screen is a real pain in my little tent.

I was inspired by the new quantum boards all the cool kids seem to be raving about these days except by going DIY, the total build cost will be about $150 for a light that is about the same as running 2 of the quantum boards I linked above - plus I get to lock myself away for a few hours to build it - quiet time without kids = priceless :D  

I swapped from a 400 HPS to a Mars 700 (supposed to use about 350 w). I have had it a year and a half with on issues.

There is definitely a slight improvement in yield with the Mars. There is less heat, although it's not as cool as I would like. I can now grow in summer. It is way easier to grow sativas as the internode length is greatly reduced. I have had a couple of pure sativas go nearly 20 weeks which would have been much more difficult under an HPS, I won't be going back to HPS.

Also the Mars canopy penetration is way better than HPS. I expected the opposite would be the case but was pleasantly surprised.

If I had done better research I would not have bought the Mars as I think there are much better LEDs out there. cree cob cxb3590 for instance....

Hey Freddie. Can you please give me some info. What height do you have your 700w Mars at for seedling and also veg and flower please. I followed spec and it fried mine a bit

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app