2nd grow 2015/16

The theory of hermies producing feminised seeds is based on a stable female plant pushing out a few bananas late in flower as a last ditch effort at reproduction, I haven't tried it but a few people swear by it.  As for plants that start off as hermies, they will tend to pass that trait on to their offspring, so never use them for breeding.  As for picking balls, do you really want to do that for the next couple of months, especially as you'll never get the ones that form up inside the buds?  Are you sure it's also got female flowers?

What I did last time I had hermies was to separate them 1.5km away from the rest and let them finish out, and did a hash run on the super seedy buds.  Quality was down, but still okay. They were predominantly female hermies, not sure what production would be like with a predominantly male one though.

• Upvote 1

Spewing you have had to cull a few but its lucky you had a quite a few so you should still have plenty! :) I had a suspect male which I grew from 2 seeds that i got out of my limonclleo last yr. Figured it was male because it was quite lanky and spindly when young compared to its sibling. Turned out I was completely wrong and the has become a massive female and the plant which was short and stocky had male pre flowers. Go figure! Usually males will outgrow female and be more lanky than bushy IMO but not always as I experienced

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the responses with this everyone. Yeah reggie its tall as but bushy at the same time. Im taking hashys advice and waiting it out a little longer it could be the strain and they are indeed large florets with new growth. Or its just wishful thinking... time will tell. It definently has signs of female there are hairs all over the stems. If its male i cbf picking balls off it and risking i miss a few and wreck the whole lot. Ill take a few pics of the plant up close when theres light tomorrow and post them.

Worse comes to worse i planted quite a few and the biggest ones are girls 100% so it wont be a total loss thankfully. I have 5 left which im still unsure of. And 4 ive already gotten rid of they were 100% male no doubt about. I should invest in a few feminized strains and make my own seeds. Im really interested in this colloidal silver stuff it would take the stress out of knowing if you had male or females.

I used a male plant for an oil run a few years back.  Got a pitiful yield of low grade oil off it, and came to the conclusion that if things are ever desperate enough to need male plants in future I'd be better off just rollin up some leaf joints.  Other problem is maturity of any resin, so to make it worthwhile you then need to keep a male plant alive well into flower, and with a few rare exceptions male plants produce next to no resin.  Add to that that a mature male will have a lot of pollen dropping out, it would be hard to separate the resin from the pollen.

Have heard of some people making butter with male plants, but still see the above problems of potency and maturity.

I just cull em straight away, or keep them separate long enough to collect a little pollen, and then cull them.