2nd grow 2015/16

I'm with you on the hermie thing with bagseed, copped that as well on my comeback grow, but from a different batch of seedy bud.  My approach would be that if it's really seedy bud, the risk of hermie traits is probably too high, but lightly seeded should be okay.  Not foolproof, but okay.  When I was growing in my youth I started with bagseed and just selectively bred every grow, and was very happy with the results as I had the best weed in town, but not as good as what I'm growing now.

I'm with you on the hermie thing with bagseed, copped that as well on my comeback grow, but from a different batch of seedy bud.  My approach would be that if it's really seedy bud, the risk of hermie traits is probably too high, but lightly seeded should be okay.  Not foolproof, but okay.  When I was growing in my youth I started with bagseed and just selectively bred every grow, and was very happy with the results as I had the best weed in town, but not as good as what I'm growing now.

or just to throw you off, if its heavily seeded perhaps a male got missed and dusted everything in site but just a few seeds is more likely a hermie that just had a few sacks open up getting a small amount of pollen about

Everyone here has made valid points. A few years ago i bought ak-47 from greenhouse seeds and they never sprouted. But this was when i knew fuck all about growing and didnt do any research on seedbanks and since then have seen that not all banks are the same. Personally now id rather have the peace of mind knowing theyll be female. And if bought from a good seed bank know that youll be getting good genetics. Im not writing off the seeds im making now because i KNOW they came from a pollenated female and shouldnt be hermie. They will be cracked for sure next grow.

I believe conditions influence sex too. The soil im using this year is not great but not shit either, "osmocote seedling raising mix". Its too inconsistent. One bag i used a quarter of it was water saving crystals all on the same layer. I couldnt believe it. One plant has bad by what it looks like to me PH instability and caused a deficiency of some sort. Spots on the leaves. The container its in is 1 1/2 bags of the stuff but fed exactly the same as the others. The rest are looking fine. So many things that could potentially cause probs with sex. This pic is one leaf if many on this plant.

post-55495-0-67920900-1456539157_thumb.jpg

post-55495-0-69538500-1456539223_thumb.jpg

Not much on the update front all going well mini monster is going really well and way ahead of the rest. Just wanted to know when do you harvest a pollenated plant? Will the seeds just drop out of the calyx if i leave it too long? Heres a few pics of the seeded girl and mini monster.

Mini monster 25/2/16

post-55495-0-16644500-1456798228_thumb.jpg

Mini monster today 1/3

post-55495-0-20970900-1456798309_thumb.jpg

Seedy girl

post-55495-0-26595000-1456798359_thumb.jpg

post-55495-0-89069600-1456798408_thumb.jpg

post-55495-0-29275100-1456798461_thumb.jpg

You're looking at 4-6 weeks for seeds to mature, start checking after 4 weeks.  When they are ready they will be hard and dark in colour, and the calyx will open up on one side to start revealing the seed, and they will pop out with very little assistance, leave it much longer and they'll start falling out if you give the plant a shake.  Once they're ready I dry the seeded buds and crumble them to release all the beans.  I do it on a printing screen, tilting it a bit and tapping gently gets the beans rolling leaving most of the green behind, takes a few runs to get a clean collection, and you end up with some hash underneath :thumbsup:

Hi all just a quick pic update. Gave them a haircut few days ago to get some sun into the plants. A lot of spots were shaded. Feeding schedule remains the same they got some more potash yesterday evening. Buds are really starting to come up nicely now ! The mini monster is fattening by the day and is super sticky cant wait. Trichomes are still clear. Im thinking early/mid april chop for her the rest will be may by the look of them.

post-55495-0-95597500-1457478548_thumb.jpg

post-55495-0-04378200-1457478646_thumb.jpg

post-55495-0-63274300-1457478792_thumb.jpg

post-55495-0-08416600-1457478992_thumb.jpg

post-55495-0-96569100-1457479033_thumb.jpg

Edited by growbabygrow
  • Upvote 3