2nd grow 2015/16

We're all comin round in 3-4 months to play basketball.  Use that hoop as a frame for a giant foil cone, into a bit of PVC pipe, into a 44 gallon sealed drum half full of water with 10 hoses coming out of it.  We'll use that greenery to make some basketballs and play 5 a side around the drum :D lol

Hell yeah!!

Hmm after todays scorcher 2 of my plants have been stressed to the max leaves have curled, basically crumble like dry oregano will have to do a prune tomorrow with the milder temp. Gave them a hefty watering with half strength powerfeed just now ill post pics tomorrow of the carnage :( luckily its 2 of my smaller ones its my own fault for having them in tiny black pots in the heat. I pushed my luck a little too far today. Now i know what they can and cant take another lesson learnt!

Quick question for the gurus should i remove the entire damaged leaf or can i cut the dead shit off and leave half leaves missing fingers etc. if that makes sense. Thanks everyone.

I would just pull the whole leaf off myself.

Before i got a chance to take a pic of the red pot the missus got stuck into pruning while i was at work. Heres a pic of the all the burnt leaves taken off and a pic of the aftermath. Before those leaves were removed the plant was struggling, drooped and just looking sad overall i think trying to repair the damage. Since the hair cut shes alive again! I just hope it doesnt affect her too much. The rest of them have recovered since their feed yesterday.

post-55495-0-64837000-1452733305_thumb.jpg

post-55495-0-77778400-1452733378_thumb.jpg

post-55495-0-27026000-1452733422_thumb.jpg

post-55495-0-33782000-1452733475_thumb.jpg

Before i got a chance to take a pic of the red pot the missus got stuck into pruning while i was at work. Heres a pic of the all the burnt leaves taken off and a pic of the aftermath. Before those leaves were removed the plant was struggling, drooped and just looking sad overall i think trying to repair the damage. Since the hair cut shes alive again! I just hope it doesnt affect her too much. The rest of them have recovered since their feed yesterday.

next time id give em a water wait an hour you will be surprised how fast it will spring back up.

Hey rsr the photo didnt really show the damage i was gonna take pics before the snip but the missus reckons couple of the plants were really hammered, drooped over and shit once she cut the dead and burnt shit off they recovered in a couple of hours. Anthony still too early to tell yet. Only thing i can say is ill have a few ready earlier than others. Some still not showing definite signs of sex yet...

Thx jords.

Not much happening, water/feed/watch/repeat lol I repotted one of them yesterday because i thought it was rootbound.

It wasnt. Was heat stress the last 42deg day we had hurt the plant a bit. In direct sun the top of the plant droops and the top shoot growth leaves curl into a canoe shape almost turning themselves upside down was only about 32 deg today not that hot and noticed it happen again. I put it in shade and it recovered in about 20 mins. I felt the leaves affected they feel very rough in texture almost feel dry but they look normal and healthy. That 42 degree day we had last week really knocked her around, doesnt seem to take to heat very well now. Ill be keeping an eye on her this week and moving to shade when the sun hits for a week or so. Ill take a pic tomorrow if i see it happen again with sun on it. A nice example of a heat stressed plant.

Insulate your pots GBG, or something to look after the rootzone temps, cause there's more of that hot weather coming.

Some strains are more sensitive to high temps than others, but in my experience outdoors, plants in the ground seem to thrive through our brutal summers so long as I kept the water up to them.  So I reckon it's mainly the roots that have to be looked after, boil them and the plants pretty much fucked. 

Ever felt how hot the surface of the ground gets on a sunny summer day, then dug down a couple of centimetres and felt the difference, it's a great insulator but in a plastic pot copping that radiated heat from all directions it doesn't have a chance.  I've burnt my knees through my pants while kneeling on the ground to tend my plants that are in the ground, but they've been happy as pigs in shit, so burying pots, or covering them with mulch, or even a wet towel etc can make a huge difference.

Would be a huge shame to see them suffer. :peace:

• Upvote 1