Any body using leds?

not yet here mate, every green thumb that comes here spouting about leds its all talk and no chop - they will argue black and blue at you how good they are, copy and pasting from the websites info (some are probably even getting paid / kickbacks for advertising - you can never be sure)  when they haven't even used them b4 or haven't even used a normal method (HPS,MH)

they get all shitty and knickers in a knot when 'professional growers' with many grows and years of experience tell them otherwise, they leave and thats about it ... never hear from them again .... until the next one comes along.

• Upvote 1

Dude, they are a 12w LED, a spotlight to be precise, not 20w . Use it for flowering, and post a diary...... we wanna see what it can do...

Peace. Nibbler.

Dude, they are 20w LED's.

The 12w spots are a different product.

I purchased this light to reduce the heat problem in my veg area as I have a continuous grow.

For flowering I use 2x400w HPS lights in a separate area, as I need to cover a larger area and flower at night to avoid the heat.

not yet here mate, every green thumb that comes here spouting about leds its all talk and no chop - they will argue black and blue at you how good they are, copy and pasting from the websites info (some are probably even getting paid / kickbacks for advertising - you can never be sure)  when they haven't even used them b4 or haven't even used a normal method (HPS,MH)

they get all shitty and knickers in a knot when 'professional growers' with many grows and years of experience tell them otherwise, they leave and thats about it ... never hear from them again .... until the next one comes along.

I never came on here spouting about LED's, a question was asked and I replied to it.

I have been using (HPS,MH) for over 20years, had a persistent problem, solved it with newer technology.Have no proof that LED's produce great buds.

Never bought it for that purpose, does what I wanted it for.

The links I posted were the easiest way to answer a question I was asked. As for the video link, I thought it was a fairly unbiased look at what I would say a 'professional grower', can do with LED's. It was posted by high times and the experimental grow was done by rocky mountain high dispensary, no mention of any brands of lights, just information. They make their income from marijuana and wasting time on something that would not work would be pretty stupid as they are required by laws in their state to produce 70% of their own product indoors, so plants, harvests and sales can be monitored.

Did you even have a look at it ?  :doh:

• Upvote 2

You could of vegged with  4 x 80w philips CFL's which would of done a better job IMO ...... easy, and saved ya about 300 bucks........ and power... and less heat.....

I watched ya video...... not impressed........ Newbs always are though...........

Might as well of called the video "Come see my LED companies new product and lets wank on about the awesomeness of the tiny lil plants and their inferior buds".

Peace. Nibbler.

• Upvote 1

You could of vegged with  4 x 80w philips CFL's which would of done a better job IMO ...... easy, and saved ya about 300 bucks........ and power... and less heat.....

I watched ya video...... not impressed........ Newbs always are though...........

Might as well of called the video "Come see my LED companies new product and lets wank on about the awesomeness of the tiny lil plants and their inferior buds".

Peace. Nibbler.

Talk about a one eyed view, ignorance is bliss as they say.

What led company, none is ever mentioned. get over yourself and lighten the grip on your prick

• Upvote 3

http://www.bonsaihero.com/ledgrow.html

That link has a interesting LED system that peaked my interest

From what I'm reading on American stoner sites, LEDS aren't bad if your willing to invest a lot of money, the go with LED is you gotta be wary of cheap set ups especially on eBay. if it comes from China it's probably a knock off American advocates for LEDS press the message you get what you pay for so don't cheap out on LEDS. A lot of effort is going into developing these systems and I've seen good results online. Another thing with LED is they tend to be weaker than their actual wattage but there is a line of thought that LEDS focus on more specific spectrums red blue for optimum growth and in comparison to a full spectrum it's more efficient by upto 70% when compared other lights there were examples but the name escapes me. It may be part of the process of photosynthesis in the plants and phytochromes being more responsive to specific spectrums or something like that I remember upto 70% when compared with some grow lights. clearly .I'll try find links just thought it was interesting haven't seen much LED on here

Sorry that wasn't structured too well but hope that helps

Oh another thing about LED is big initial cost but then your supposed to save on the long run with electricity costs and having bulbs that can last upto 80000hrs or something like that I d:efinitely gotta get some links

Overall LED are pretty much for budget grows due to low heat and cost with use, in that aspect they remind me of CFLs. I don't think they are the optimum but are generally good from what I've read but you can expect an alright yield just nothing above average unless your really heavily invested in the setup or that's what I gather from reading online but then how accurate all this is, is hard to tell but people have shown a few pictures which an interesting insight into the effectiveness a few had mix CFL LED some straight LED usually a mix of red and blue and I remember one had really nice looking trichomes

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1252777-Led-watts-being-used-is-way-lower-then-it-should-be?

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1251216-LED-Light-Spectrum

I posted this somewhere else I thought I'd share my thoughts I did a little research yesterday and this is sort of what I've gathered up but there was a lot to process so it will probadly take more time till I get a good idea on LEDS, with bad sleep and other factors I'm feeling a little out of it so please bare with the bad grammar

I am really curious about the first link I provided so I was thinking of saving and maybe trying it out but that wouldn't be for a while maybe a few months at the most I hope, never tried an indoor grow but it's interested me for awhile now

Edited by DeepSpaceMind

I myself am no expert on this subject but from what I have gathered over the last few weeks a lot of people on this forum don't like to use a LED light as they claim they come nothing close to the light spectrum or light intensity compared  to that of HPS or MH ?

I don't know if this is because they tried the old LEDS and they turned out shit or what but I do know that LEDS technology improves year by year just like everything else and maybe the new ones might be of some use.

Ill be watching this tread as I am interested to what others have to say as well on this subject and would love to see a grow diary with LEDS Cheers

I agree ! With time LED Grow lights have become more superior ! They have become more easier to use also. And, regarding the light penetration, a perfect equilibrium can be found in light today. I myself have been using LED lights from Initial-LED and I'm quite satisfied with the response. You can say that my experience has made me pro-LED Man !

I agree ! With time LED Grow lights have become more superior ! They have become more easier to use also. And, regarding the light penetration, a perfect equilibrium can be found in light today. I myself have been using LED lights from Initial-LED and I'm quite satisfied with the response. You can say that my experience has made me pro-LED Man !

That's awesome man!:thumbsup :thumbsup:  can you share some pics, or even a diary? :please:  AFAIK there are not any real good images of an LED grow here

www.strainhunters.com/forums/topic/3402-best-led-grow-lights-manufacturer/

The thread on that site was interesting, don't know how good any of the info is I just wanted to share because it had a few links and someone claiming to have researched LEDS ( I'm hoping more thoroughly than I but then I wouldn't expect much from my 1 day of googling)

Was on Google found this thought I might aswel edit it in, trying to get better idea so I hope this is reliable

reefbuilders.com/2010/01/27/led-optics-explained/

www.myhydroponicgardening.com/2013-best-led-grow-light-review/