Any body using leds?

I find it strange that those on the nay side are able to heap it on but don't seem to be able to take it quite as well.

Really? You can harp on all you want about LED's im a big boy I can take it. 

How about you really stick it to me and show me some sticky icky buds grown under led by yourself, i dont know how I would take something like that, not so well it could be foreshadowed lol ;) 

LED COB's from cree are getting great efficiency....

the problem with LED is initial cost and viability over a larger scale...IE commercial however for home grows they are excellent...

Im not out there to change people minds on the subject.. if you like to use HPS to grow weed then go for it... after all we all love the same plant... but to think LEDS dont grow because there hasnt been a documented grow on thios site is an error of judgment IMO...

Edited by Midget
  • Upvote 1

I don't think it has to be documented on this site either, in the end I generally look at peer reviewed scientific doco's tog et my horticultural knowledge, that is just me. Does not make that link the guy shared any better though. I'd love to see where LED's can shine anywhere other than a micro grow tbh, they have no place in greenhouses either and I would love for you guys to convince me that they perform better than a HPS or the new LEC bulb technology which is coming out, which has really caught my eye. 

Look when it becomes legal here it's all gonna become irrelevant, there is so much available light here in Aus, with heating you can grow sufficiently all over AUS imo.

It would be great to see you finish a new grow journal here, your last one had me interested and was going well until it suddenly stopped.  You had a reason and that's fine, but as stated before this starting but not finishing LED journals is a common event on this site, which leads to a lot of us taking the "if it didn't happen on this site it didn't happen" mentality.

Most of us still have a sense of humour, it's just that a lot of us are also grumpy old bastards who can get fired up easily if we miss our meds

There are plenty epic 100+ pages LED grows threads out there, every bit comparable to HID. If you choose to ignore these grow diaries because it's not on this site, well.... it's your loss.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Very interested to hear all the smart arsed comments!

Exactly what was your problem with my comment?

I think that the following statement by the company trying to sell the led's is extremely laughable marketing aimed at gullible people with no critical thinking skills.

14) Golden color coating, aristocratic temperament but civilian price

Do you believe that this statement reflects a desirable feature of a quality artificial light source?

I don't.

Naycha :peace:

if you make the LED panel yourself then its cheaper then HPS.. look when are ppl going too get over WHATS THE BEST.. cause its like cooking everyone has their own methods that work for them. also for their situation and grow size.

400w hps is gonna fry everything in a tiny cab.. led panels are gonna be waste of time/money for a larger scale SOG.. please put forward why you like too use LED and your situation.. that would prolly be more helpful.

also

place in greenhouses either and I would love for you guys to convince me that they perform better than a HPS or the new LEC bulb technology which is coming out, which has really caught my eye. 

shhhhh no such thing as LEC its not for ppl here... *snickers*

if you make the LED panel yourself then its cheaper then HPS.. look when are ppl going too get over WHATS THE BEST.. cause its like cooking everyone has their own methods that work for them. also for their situation and grow size.

Hey mate

You comparing LEDs to HPS. saying, like cooking everyone has their own methods IMO people don't use a microwave to bake a cake, they use the conventional oven lol. If don't get what I said LEDs = microwave. HPS= conventional oven lol

Haze