Any body using leds?

What a  load of horse shit !

If this was the case we would all know about it .

How many years exp you got under HPS ?

Larger and more resinous  :rofl:

Thats it Badseed.... theres a lot of LED company run grows on Poo-tube that lead to people thinking they are better, it's all marketting.

Nibler I have the utmost respect for your ability and knowledge, however your grasp of humanity and lack of manners and consideration leaves me gob smacked. I have seen your earlier posts from the archives and your had a dry sarcastic sence of humer I found entertaining. What you have evolved to become is corse and crass. I will not be mentioning leds again as i like friendship and good will to rule my life. If you feel afronted by what I say I am sorry, but like you i have a voice I just do not raise it. I find the information on this forum nothing short of gold and do not want to denegrate it further.Some of the abuse hurled at me from the safety of your key board is unsettling, I prefere to speak face to face rather than anonamously. So I will defere from this argument and just let it slide. Regards Tangwena 

Sorry if I offended ya Tangwena, its nothing personal, more about your ability to do a scientific based comparison, and your lack of experience with LED or HID lights.

Just I dont wanna see a newb come on site, think LED"S are the be all and end all, because thats all they have tried... without trying HPS for at least a few grows.

And trust me, my keyboard provides me no safety and nothing I wouldn't say face to face to someone.

Few grows with that 600 mate, you'll forget all about the LED, maybe you might like to try it for supplimental, but to be honest the throw from is soo weak, you almost have to have it sitting on the plants and that means if a 600 overhead, its gotta be side lighting.

If I was mad, was more because of Burners attitude than anything. I'm not perfect, like all people, but you will ALWAYS get an Honest answer.

Each to his own.... Nibs and the other nay sayers are simply trying to help (usually the new guys and girls) from making a mistake first time round. If you're happy with led's then continue on :) if you're happy with your hps then happy days :)

Perhaps mods could start another subforum for led's to stop these threads from popping up time to time causing so much passion??

Cheers

Cheers nici =) , no need for Subforums. lol 

Everybody has the right to grow how they want........ But, I'll give em the facts on LED, and then if they still want to waste their money, its up to them, and they can learn the hard way.

Imagine every kid that wants to grow buying LED panels off E-gay for 33 bucks and being so dissapointed they dont grow again.... to me thats a damn shame.

I'd rather they got a good grasp of growing under the HID lights, get a few good grows under ya belt, then go experiment.

Anyway, thats enough from me...... You do what ya wanna do, but just cause I'm not an LED panel lover, doesnt mean I'm not entitled to my opinion especially in a Topic where its being discussed. I talk from experience, not something i read or watched on the net.

If you seriously have ya heart set on using LED's.... Do it, but buy a good one with 5W Cree LED's, not some cheap crap thing (anything under 600 clams) .

Show me better, bigger buds than I can grow with HID and I might take notice.......... personally I still think plasma would suit a lot of growers better.

If I can scrape the $$ together, might get one and show you what I mean.

Peace. Nibbler.

• Upvote 2

just thought I would write this hear I had a old mate ring me the other day saying his moving out of home and wants to start up a grow and was wondering if I would give him a hand. as we got talking he said he has doin some research and seen a few good led grows on youtube and that leds companys are claiming to have more wattage or lumen than the hps lighting or some crap. he was so convinced on buying a led until I said they aint close to hps yet so for a first timer I would stick with hps. point of the story is he is a newb and was so convinced by the led company that leds shit all over hps im just glad he didn't buy one :bonghit:

• Upvote 1

Everybody, do yourselves a favour, go back to page one, read the very first post, absorb the fact that I intend on using the red kessils for supplemental lighting, in conjunction with a 400w hps, then have a go. At no stage have I mentioned using leds as a primary source of lighting. As for attitudes, go back to page one, read all posts, say no more. My attitude is fine Nibbler, you made your own bed.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cheers nibler lets leave it there, if I was realy keen on leds I wouldn't have bought a 600w hps. If you read my comments earlier in the piece I said as much. i tripled my harvest using the 400w hps so I went 600w for this one, tells you something hey. But i am still going to chuck the led over my lst'd C99 it loves it, not that I gave it a choice. I would allways recommend a first time grow with hps now I tried Led. I am just using what I have hanging around. I have 5 different strains on the go and the tent will be full in full bloom. Please understand that I am not pushing a barrow for leds just trying them out in different ways. The 600w is for bulk production the led for small indevidual plant grows.

I rate this site and those on it the best i have seen so I dont want to cause friction here just enjoy growing.

Tangwena

• Upvote 2

I started growing last year 1st time ever and wasted hours researching info .

I thought about the LED path   , but common sense kicked .

Looking into LED last year all i found was  sales pitches and no real world results !!

HID lights have been used for over 30 years , we still use em because they fucking work , You can not argue with results !!

If LEDS worked you would not have these very small number of people trying to convince everyone they work, the evidence would be there .

People looking into light  know this .  If you grow to produce your own supply of quality ganja go  HID . If you dont smoke canna and wanna grow it for the fun of it (your a weirdo ) go LED .

• Upvote 2