Homemade Bongs

Guest 2DollarBill

I realise this thread is about bongs but after smoking them for years and buying a hot plate vape 4 $100 recently I know I will never go back to smoking if I can vape, I find I get a lot more stoned than if I smoked 10 x as much through a bong, actually it is akin to my 1st time really, a little trippy and the best anti-depressant afterwards I just feel totally euphoric. I highly recommend it and hey much better health wise also.

OK basically at 200C THC vaporises and so if you apply heat to your mj at 200 instead of burning the mj at a higher temp with a lighter you don't get all the carcinogenic TAR and the CO which decreases a persons ability to cary O2 in the blood stream so we get puffed easier etc and are more likely to suffer from ischeamic heart disease ie lack of oxygen to heart muscle leads to damage and perhaps heart attack and death, this is the problem with any kind of smoke. It causes cancer by damaging DNA and also a number of other effects like those discussed above.

You end up getting a very hard to see vapour that tastes nothing like smoking, after vaping smoking makes me dry wretch now so I am a complete perry when it comes to billys after just a couple days of vaping.

That being said I have seen posts by some respected members saying they don't like them.

Here is a couple of links to online shops with vapes also some baccy shops have them and there is a thread about vapes named paraphenalia that can be found through the search fn at the top. There is a better description of vapes at the 1st link

http://www.freewheelin.comhttp://www.hydroshop.com.au

i used to have a vaporiser, it was nice to smoke from but i thought it took a bit long to get up to temperature & everything to vaporise ( i think it took a cpl minutes between vaps). it plugged straight into the mains and had a switch for the element, was pretty big with a glass "globe" and a ceramic base. i had it for about 3 snips then bloody dropped it.

syk 613: what sort of vape do u have? how quick is it to vaporise?

Edited by d_amo

Yeah man I have one like you described, it has 2 hoses, so I end up doing a double barrel vape most of the time and it has a little red light , inside the ceramic base near the hot plates stem to show it is on, so you don't leave it on accidently and burn yourself. I think one member here who shall remain nameless made this mistake and pointed it out in a post.

Yeah mine says wait 5-8mins in its instructions but I start toking after I start to taste it and I don't mind waiting 2 mins to have a toke but it does take a few mins to have one bowl but I do get far more smashed off only a v.little bit like 0.1g or less whereas before I would smoke 1/2 g of good bud to get just stoned and that would be as stoned as I would get off a bong, Anyway I luv my vape it is like rediscovering mj. Seriusly tho it is the closest I have gotten to the psychomimetic LSD-like effects described by some when taking a pure 9-THC preparation (IMO).