Bongs and Pipes and Stuff....

yes true. the gurus at overgrow have had samples lab tested and have said you probably inhale more butane using your lighter than burning in honey oil. I believe them.

I'd be interested in reading what they have to say, do you have a link or just have a look at OG forums, FAQ? any ideas on were to look ?, I will also try a search of the literaturre for Butane + MJ and see what I can find. thanks

Hey all got a new plastic toilet style bong 4 $10 off a friend it's shotty is behind the stem and you can take in apart in the middle to clean the bong easy ;) .

Love The mad hits this bong gives i give it a 10/10 for pushing all the chamber into your lungs all at once ,Like bongs are suppose to be!..... :D - ;) Im stoned at the moment to,so Peace and pot.

Ozsmoker.

Here's A Pic------>

post-38-1070332710_thumb.jpg

Edited by ozsmoker

I used to have one of those bongs aaaaaages ago, back when I was a teeny stoner... :D

I didn't like it much myself, although it was a pretty convenient bong, it turned out to be quite brittle in the end, and snapped.

Get yourself a pyrex billy, smallish ones shouldn't set ya back more than 30 bucks or maybe a bit more...

Here's a question for everyone... which do you prefer? Bronze or steel cones? ;) I once had an idea to make a conepiece out of high temperature resistant ceramics, similar in nature to what they use for the space shuttle tiles. (maybe not the exact same stuff, but you know what I mean I think...) It would heat up really quickly, and make for an interesting glow in the conepiece, but the temps never get very high, and they are dissipated almost instantly. The thing that gave me the idea was seeing a guy put an oxy/acetylene torch on full blue flame to one of these tiles, it went red hot, then white in a matter of seconds... then he turns off the torch, and the things still white hot... slowly cooling... but he can pick it up and handle it safely! WITH BARE HANDS. And it quickly loses the heat energy and goes back to the normal brown/black colour.

Great stuff, wonder if anyone in the space programme who bongs on ever thought of it before... ;)

You have too much time on you hands luke, like myself, i think the bronze ones are better if it is by your self as they never get hot but fot spped billys in a group they get really hot after a few cones and take ages to cool down so we would use a silver looking cone (not sure of the metal) in group seessions as they cool dowm quicker (but also heat up quicker so usually we had a fan or bleww on it while holding it in tweezes or the scissors.

As for the george jetson cone, it sounds great and i'd luv to try it out.

I wonder what temp it is glowing red hot at, I'd be interested to find out what is going on molecularly to produce this effect, hmm, you've got a few cogs turning now luke thanks.

Here's a question for everyone... which do you prefer? Bronze or steel cones?

my order of preference would be, glass, bronze, steel. I used to have a great stone cone this hippy girl made, broke though after only a coupla months though. Glass cones are best because they are so much easier to clean than anything else. And also look best.

Yeah, I love the look and feel of a glass cone piece, but there are a few problems with the supply of these pieces out here... or perhaps I'm just not using them right. All the glass cones and stems I've got are never airtight, and are too deep and sharply angled IMO. Do you know where you could get a conepiece of glass/pyrex with a shallower angle? Like about the same as a large-stem drop in cone piece, about 1 and 1/2 cone size, (with the smallest being a 1 cone size.)

So yeah, if I had to choose out of those three in order it would be bronze, glass, steel, but that's only because of the reasons I've listed above. Any help you can give me about this WC I'd appreciate, as I love smoking with good glass pieces. I got an oil stem just recently, it's a thin glass stem with a spere on the end, and an opening at the top. you just drop in some oil and gently heat the bowl by lowering the lighter about 2-3 cm below where the flame actually touches the glass... Or at least that's how I've used it. Almost no taste, but it blows you away... I'll take a pic later... ;)

And yeah syk, it's bloody facinating shit. I think it's able to release a great proportion of the energy transferred into it into light, rather than heat, and all the heat is very quickly dissipated by it's moleclar structure... Course, it could be very different from what I just said, and it most likely is... But still, it's fantastic stuff, and if it's not going to break down with regular use and could be moulded into a good cone shape... I think you'd have practically the perfect cone.

Actually, I also remembered another idea on the same lines. This was from when I had a large circle of smoking friends, about 10, and we'd all sit around practically every day and just smoke. God... it was awful. Anyway, because of this we used multiple steel conepieces, usually 2 or 3 depending on how many people were there. This would let you pack and prepare a cone, (there was always only one packer, we had a shitload of rules for smoking... even wrote up a list of Bong Etiquette... the ten commandments of the circle... I think we called it... :D) whilst the last smoker was still choofing, they simply dropped the cone onto a piece of cardboard on the table, so it could cool, the bong was passed onto the next person who was given the previously prepared cone... once they've started choofing the first cone was usually cool enough to use, and the process could continue. More people meant more cones, cos it was usally a quicker pass around, and sometimes we had a couple of bongs going in tandem. ;)

But aaaaanyway, the idea was that you'd take this same material I was referring to, and put a ring around the top of the conepiece, about 3 mm square just running around the rim of the cone, so that you could pick it up by this part without burning yourself. I dunno if that describes it well, but that's the idea anyway. :D

heres a (really shitty) pic of the ones I use, I got 2, one comes from an Agung brand waterpipe in a shop in brisbane called raging/rising moon or something like that years and years ago, ask syk for the agung addy cos I cant be bothered finding it again, have agung got back to you syk?? the other comes from the bong shop in lismore, and came in a bong with total glass stems and no rubber. they really good cones anyways you'll find that your bong stays alot cleaner, as the stem of the cone collects alot of gunk. I had a diff normal looking glass cone once, it was useless and smashed when tapping it on the table to get ash out.

post-38-1070340473_thumb.jpg

Edited by white_cluster

Guest Wilderbud

I prefer the glass 1 piece cone + stem but I havent had one for ages - I used to have a straight cylinder bong with a glass crack pipe [no I dont smoke crack] with glass cone as the second chamber and it totally rocked. I used to buy the Agung bong cleaning liquid to keep my crack pipe clean and used to flush it for the first year of smoking but I ended up getting lazy just before it smashed.

I prefer packing a cone while the cone is in the stem so one-piece doesnt worry me at all - I know a lot of people like to pass the cone instead of the bong but I hate getting the burnt resin on my fingers. I wouldnt use a glass one-piece stem unless the weed was extra dry as theyre uncleanable IMO [pipe cleaners are messy]. Glass doesnt smell like a pyrex, plastic or porcelain bong does after youve smoked through it for a week.

I bought a porcelain bong a while ago and it only lasted for an ounce - it started to smell even after I had cleaned it nightly [waste of effort]. My second favourite bong after glass would be anodized steel but I hate the rubber bases they use [hrmph].

I prefer a glass, porcelain, copper then metal cone. [Luke, you can get heat-sensitive porcelain cone that does change colour - keep looking]

Guest Wilderbud
I had a diff normal looking glass cone once, it smashed when tapping it on the table to get ash out.

Haha, thats what happened to a glass cone I used to use [not mine though] - it was left to go black and someone didnt know it was glass - it sucked to go back to the copper cone. :D