Lets have an Australia wide march in each capitol city

Abortionis such an entirely different matter, because it has implications that are central to tehir faith.

I'm no Catholic, and anyone who claims catholics and christians are the same simply haven't looked into it, but I have to say one thing for the catholics, and thatis last I heard they were the onlyones who were stillfighting for drug law reform in the area of harm minimalisation at least.

when the shooting gallery debate was on, and Howard's threatened anyone who offered needle addicts help in their addiction would be charged as accessories, the Catholics still mantained clean places for junkies to shoot uop and leave their empty needle.

i know it's not pot, but it's tolerance at least.

cheers

rob

I just did a quick search to see if anything I could put up could prove what I wrote. I have loads on a disc, I made it the basis of a lecture i actually presented to trainee cops once.

Visit My Websitehere's a bit more on it all

Canadians have been smuggling cigarettes privately. Tens of thousands of Canadians cross the US border to buy taxed cigarettes from American stores or un-taxed cigarettes on Reserves. There are between 100 and 200 unwatched roads cross the border between New Brunswick and British Columbia, although a temporary Customs checkpoint might be established from time-to-time. Most individuals go through the main checkpoints — many of which are too crowded to allow Canada Customs to check most cars. However, individual smugglers are being squeezed in two directions if they try to bring significant amounts of contraband. First, while the risk of being caught by Canada Customs is small, every successive crossing increases the risk, while the penalties for being caught are growing to the point where they can ruin an independent operator. On the other hand, independent smugglers are facing increasing competition form organized crime. They have been "stung" in attempting to purchase contraband in large amounts and many have been robbed after taking delivery.

Many individuals run cigarettes by aircraft or boat into Canada, but it is difficult for them to compete with the large smugglers. Private smugglers in the Maritime Provinces are common — in many ways this is a traditional industry. Much of Newfoundland is supplied by boat out of the French-owned Islands of St. Pierre and Miquelon. Part of the Nova Scotia and New Brunswick contraband markets are supplied by boats from Maine. The western end of Lake Ontario has been a significant route for contraband from New York into Ontario — especially as summer-time pleasure boat traffic provides good cover and Customs regulations are often casually enforced. However, in 1993, this aspect of contraband smuggling seemed to fall-off. This may be due to the experiences other small-time smugglers have been facing. In late 1991, three Toronto-area men apparently drowned while trying to run cigarettes across Lake Ontario. The waters between Washington State and Vancouver are plied by smugglers who mix in with the heavy traffic in small craft.

Some independent operators and small gangs have become bold since 1990 and use tractor-trailer trucks and standard shipping containers. This requires some organization and logistical support — most probably from organized crime. On January 5th, 1994 the RCMP arrested four men (apparently all from Chicago) and seized nearly 18,000 cartons of cigarettes in the Toronto area. False manifests and an outer-cargo of bulky products shield contraband, and some Customs Officers report bribery attempts have been made. Incidentally, bribery and corruption of minor officials is a common aspect of any major smuggling industry and it is unlikely that all Canadian officials are immune to temptation. One Warrior on the Six Nations Reserve near Brantford was heard to brag that an RCMP officer near Cornwall was being paid $1,000 a week to provide early warning of police activities-this may have been bravado, an attempt at disinformation, or may have been entirely true

This wasn't the best I've seen, the better reports ar edone by the CAnadain customs themselves, they aren't impressed withthe tax implied prohibition.

But doesn't it just go to show, it doent matter what u prohibit, it will create crime, disintigrate repspect for the law by normal citizens such as u and I, and do nothing to cub the use of what they banned.

cheers

rob

Lets face in the USA is home to just about the most violent society on Earth.

And here they are trying to tell everyone else how to live.

I cannot understand where their fanatical opposition to cannabis comes from.

I suppose they are zealouts when it comes to the 'cannabis is bad' mantra.

If only those in authority would think before they speak instead of repeating the same tired old bullshit.

Yep, I think they also get a very bad wrap. Most Americans are just like us - trying to feed the kids and pay a mortgage. Given there's 290 million of them we're bound to see a lot of violence in the US - even madder because their constitution allows them to be armed to the teeth :D Unfortunately, they have a Nazi government. Most Americans I have met have been very decent people. Some of them have been bastards but the same could be said about us.

I was pointing out that alot of pplz are totally against cannabis for no good reason and will do whatever is in there power to keep it illegal. It will be quite a dawnting task to reform the laws and would take a calculated attack on the goverments views of whats good for society, the people want cannabis and other drug laws reformed they just dont know it yet, so educating the people would be the best way and maybe coming up with some alternative ways to change public opinion on the issues....thats my 2 cents anyways. Edited by Tyrantz

robbie

great couple of posts mate, you are spot on, the argument is the "right to prohibit" because of what it causes in our society. Death, destruction, "WAR"

I don't believe "they" have the right to prohibit any plant, as "they" did not give us the plants "they" have no say in which plants I choose to put in my body each day or grow for that purpose. That is a total breach of human rights and therefore as you say turns otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals as predicted in the universal declaration of human rights.

"Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to haverecourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and

oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law."

The governments of the world have not honoured the human rights "they" signed up for, with the way they have dealt with the "drug problems" in society,

Abuse of medicinal substances is a medical issue NOT a law and order issue and should be treated as such. The right to choose what happens to your own body is the most basic human right and the governments should STAY OUT OF IT.

lol :D steps back down from soap box and quietly returning to the corner and sucks very deeply on pipe....

You make a fair point as I didn't make myself very clear.

I was referring to the leadership/decision makers.

No point taken. I feel a bit sorry for the Americans because they have to live under the shadow of a fascist government and apologise for it as well. So, no I wasn't have a go at you - just want my thoughts clear because I could be taken as an American basher myself but it is their government I have issues with.

Yeah, great posts Rob. The drug war is a sham - so how do we work on stopping it???

If mj were to be fully legalised then it would also be taxed at the same luxury rate as tobacco and alcohol, I for one would refuse to pay such a tax on something I would be growing myself and therefore risk being done for tax evasion, I would much rather be busted for a personal grow under the current system than have the taxation department investigate me. Decriminalisation with an allowance for enough plants with no restrictions on grow methods is the best way to go for me, that way I wouldn't have to worry about gaol or taxes.

:D

I'd be pretty happy to pay some taxes to have it legal. It would be nice to be able to buy mj at a reasonable price. Then again, I'd still like to grow my own also and wouldn't worry about being raided for evading taxes. The tobacco thing is interesting. You can get the seeds legally and grow them if you like (not exactly legal but when was the last time you heard of someone being busted for growing personal tobacco - unless you're selling it they're not interested)

There would be no impetus for the cops if it was no longer a crime. They could sack half of the bastards right away. I read some stats the other day about the drug war. 82% of all the money spent is on law enforcement (prison, police and the rest). That's billions of our dollars being spent paying police and prison guards, building prisons and fucking peoples lives. Either way you're going to pay taxes its just a csae of where and how those taxes are spent.