using a PK additive on its own for a week

Thats how ive been using PK of late KL starting End of 3 rd week, in latest grow i started PK from day one flower all going well until i mixed a res without PK plants went alittle strange plant lost a bit of colour, 3 blade bud leaves and a few pistlis maturing, got the pk at 1ml back in the res and there now improving. No pgrs at all.

Although one strain Hashplant doesnt like the hi ec levels.

re -keepleft H2o2

Im coming to the opinion if your system is sterilized before plants are added , the plants are healthy and pathogen free going in and your source water is 100% sterilized and dumped weekly , then you dont need to add H2o2 at all through the grow .

Source water treatment ,, mix a level teaspoon granulated Calcium Chlorine per 200 ltr turn over for 20 to 30 minutes , this is a strong mix and will kill everything in the tank guarenteed .

Time to remove the Chlorine add 1/2 a teaspoon Chlorine remover ( sodium Thiophosphate )and turn over for 10 to 20min ,, test for Chlorine will read zero .

Adjust PH , mix your nutes and additves as usual in sterile water , works a treat !

Rod

Edited by Roadblock

Roadblock i made one of those airators over the weekend working well, but needed a few minutes to set up. Alot of noise from the pump being so close to the surface might down size the pump but other than that it should work a treat.

Small sprinklers to spray onto the sheet foam to reduce noise water noise and carefully balanced pump to flow water evenly. I best take a pic to make sure i followed your instructions :applause:

nite peoples..

Sounds like you got it wired mate lol , just set it up to suit your needs like noise etc , anyway you can make the most water contact air the better airation you will get , kills an airstone hands down , my tanks are low and flat with lots of surface area , so I just turn the tank over using 2 pumps going in opposite directions 24/7 , silent running :toke: .

You can make a good low tank out of form ply sheeting and some screws and silastic , I had one that was 1200 x 2400 x 200 the system was on top of the tank as it only added 200ml to the height and gave me a good volume water supply , Formply is dear though .

Another low good volume cheap tank is those $25 kids swiming pools from toyshops , the ones that have a pipe frame you push together with a blue liner , they hold 300 or 400 ltrs , only 300ml high , I made a wood frame and a lid over the top , the plants sat in pots on the lid fed by drippers , the run of ran down the lid back into the tank , very easy and worked well .

Rod

Edited by Roadblock