Cucumbers are great for a flowering fertiliser 

They are really rich in potassium  calcium magnesium and phosphorus and are getting picked at the same time your plants are starting to flower 

Plant the seeds at the same time as you do your herb

Cut them up just like you do on a sandwich and place on top of the soil or just underneath

or soak them cut up in water and make a tea.

That and wood ash from a clean timber fire old hardwood is best is all you will need ..Thats all I ever use and it always has a great smell and taste .And no chemicals just toss a shovel or 3 around each 

See the table below for in depth analysis of nutrients:

Cucumber (Cucumis sativus), raw, Nutritive value per 100 g.  Principle Nutrient Value Percentage of RDA Energy 15 Kcal <1% Carbohydrates 3.63 g 3% Protein 0.65 g 1% Total Fat 0.11 g 0.5% Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Dietary Fiber 0.5 g 1% Vitamins     Folates 7 µg 2% Niacin 0.098 mg <1% Pantothenic acid 0.259 mg 5% Pyridoxine 0.040 mg 3% Riboflavin 0.033 mg 3% Thiamin 0.027 mg 2% Vitamin A 105 IU 3.5% Vitamin C 2.8 mg 4.5% Vitamin E 0.03 mg 0% Vitamin K 16.4 µg 13.6% Electrolytes     Sodium 2 mg 0% Potassium 147 mg 3% Minerals     Calcium 16 mg 1.6% Iron 0.28 mg 3.5% Magnesium 13 mg 3% Manganese 0.079 mg 3.5% Phosphorus 24 mg 3% Phosphorus     Zinc 0.20 mg 2% Phyto-nutrients     Carotene-ß 45 µg -- Crypto-xanthin-ß 26 µg -- Lutein-zeaxanthin 23 µg --
  • Upvote 2

Just threw the last of me chemicals away, in the lap of the organic gods now

don't suppose there is any problems going from chem to organic 5 weeks into a grow?, to late now anyway

the last inside grow I did was in dirt and water only turned out alright, just threw a handful of dynamic lifter and a handful of blood and bone + a bit of sulphate of potash in the pot, chucked some seedlings in and hoped for the best, mix was a bit hot, but they grew quick, after 4/5 weeks no more tip burning, headed them up, end result was just as good if not better then hydro

Its either organics or only grow outside from now on

Lots of great info on here

• Upvote 1

Just threw the last of me chemicals away, in the lap of the organic gods now

don't suppose there is any problems going from chem to organic 5 weeks into a grow?, to late now anyway

the last inside grow I did was in dirt and water only turned out alright, just threw a handful of dynamic lifter and a handful of blood and bone + a bit of sulphate of potash in the pot, chucked some seedlings in and hoped for the best, mix was a bit hot, but they grew quick, after 4/5 weeks no more tip burning, headed them up, end result was just as good if not better then hydro

Its either organics or only grow outside from now on

Lots of great info on here

just like processed foods the less processing the better it is 

no diff with soil amendments & no reason you cant make or grow your own 

It's call closed loop farming , everything you use to grow canna plants or food comes from

your land & grown , fermented , top dressed & fed to compost piles & worm farms 

growing lots of Dynamic Accumulators in your garden that you put back in the ground 

via top dressing will give all the nutes required 

bit of a rule of thumb , plants take from the ground so need to give back for future plantings

& feeding the life that puts it back for you , lovely little circle  

• Upvote 3

Cucumbers are great for a flowering fertiliser 

They are really rich in potassium  calcium magnesium and phosphorus and are getting picked at the same time your plants are starting to flower 

Just don't forget to fertilise your cucumber plants with a rich source of potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus... or you wont have any cucumbers to cut up and stick around your plants. Or you can cut out the middle vegetable and just fertilise the cannabis plants directly.

• Upvote 4

Just out of curosity how deep would I need the soil if I was to put a garden bed inside, at least 18 inches I was thinking , and would it be better to put it in a big tub, straight on the concrete, or a shed with no floor?

That's where I'd like to end up, bringing the outside inside, like we did 30 years ago

Just out of curosity how deep would I need the soil if I was to put a garden bed inside, at least 18 inches I was thinking , and would it be better to put it in a big tub, straight on the concrete, or a shed with no floor?

That's where I'd like to end up, bringing the outside inside, like we did 30 years ago

you can buy geopot planter beds , there more like 12-14" high from memory 

don't generally need depth , more width IMO 

concrete can be a prob , i'd have something as a buffer between the concrete 

i think i've seen what looks like flood & drain tables as a sort of drip tray for beds & buffer from concrete 

but also guys using blu mats in beds with no run off https://youtu.be/T_dncqRuB8U

or running large SIP beds in tents https://youtu.be/mzhJezefA1E

moving plants from outdoor to indoor is always a lill tough 

outside you have the protection of the soil food web , bugs keep each other in check 

once indoors you loose some of that food web , if a few sneaky lill suckers get in they 

might not have any control bug keeping numbers low 

need to have a good IPM regime B4 moving plants indoors i reckon 

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1