Picking your brain again sorry...whats your remedy for Powdery Mildew? I think that's my problem anyway...Did some research online and Apple Cider Vinegar came up...Went out and bought it..but spoke to a mate later that day and he said he once but Apple Cider Vinegar in his water to try and neutralise the PH? or change it anyway....1 capful in 20L and his plants keeled over and died apparently...Also Bicarb soda came up...Obviously there is some kind of chemical in a bottle down at bunnings I can buy, but looking for a natural alternative...especially when you still have buds on.....

Hiya SweetLeaf :peace:

I use aloe/fulvic /silica foliar and neem or azamax (eco-neem) atm.  One then the other all up aoubt a spray maybe two a week.  I believe the thing is to get the plant ready to handle the shite during flower when it is vegging.  Regular and consistent IPM (and there are myriad other teas and suchlike we can make...jus from the garden) when she's growing and they they deal way better.  I carnt grow a freaekin pumpkin up here for the variant weather and coastal...no powdery and minimal pests this year.  Still don't like to spray after about 5 wks but if I have to I will with the A/F/S. 

Peace and good growing

Faith :sun:

Edited by Faith
  • Upvote 3

Picking your brain again sorry...whats your remedy for Powdery Mildew? I think that's my problem anyway...Did some research online and Apple Cider Vinegar came up...Went out and bought it..but spoke to a mate later that day and he said he once but Apple Cider Vinegar in his water to try and neutralise the PH? or change it anyway....1 capful in 20L and his plants keeled over and died apparently...Also Bicarb soda came up...Obviously there is some kind of chemical in a bottle down at bunnings I can buy, but looking for a natural alternative...especially when you still have buds on.....

Prevention is better than cure ..dont water the foliage or flowers at all ever ...only ever in veg....or only well before 3pm to allow to dry 

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by cardrona

Hiya SweetLeaf :peace:

I use aloe/fulvic /silica foliar and neem or azamax (eco-neem) atm.  One then the other all up aoubt a spray maybe two a week.  I believe the thing is to get the plant ready to handle the shite during flower when it is vegging.  Regular and consistent IPM (and there are myriad other teas and suchlike we can make...jus from the garden) when she's growing and they they deal way better.  I carnt grow a freaekin pumpkin up here for the variant weather and coastal...no powdery and minimal pests this year.  Still don't like to spray after about 5 wks but if I have to I will with the A/F/S. 

Peace and good growing

Hi Faith.

Could I just ask, the aloe/fulvic/silica spray you referred to, is that a home made product? Would you mind elaborating a little on how you make and use it please?

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

Hi Faith.

Could I just ask, the aloe/fulvic/silica spray you referred to, is that a home made product? Would you mind elaborating a little on how you make and use it please?

Thank you!

Make up a neem spray with a couple of drops of diswashing liquid for the powdwery mildew. Foliar spray every couple of days should start to clear it up in about a week.

I use a water/neem/dish liquid spray also; it is the only thing I have found that keeps the PM at bay for me (and changing strains) 

Don't forget to spray the walls of your room down too - you need to kill the mildew spores there too

• Upvote 2

Hiya Steve, no worries.  Yes, it is home made.  Potassium silicate (silica) aloe vera 200x powder (like at a health food shop lol ) or raw aloe leaf, and fulvic acid.  I usually mix around 4 litres at a time ( roughtly 1 us gallon as lots of the 'recipes' I am reading are from overseas)

Aloe:              http://aloeveraaustralia.com.au/aloe-vera-powder-100g.html     about 1/8 tsp per 4L

Fulvic Acid:    https://planthealthsolutions.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=103_64&product_id=1445     1-1.5ml/L

Silica:             https://planthealthsolutions.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=103_65&product_id=224        **

I am not a salesman lol  I think the molds and mildews do not like a high leaf ph.

**I have switched from flairform silica to the nts as it is less expensive and I like what nts is doing re nutrition and food.  I was using 2-3ml/L for the foliar spray and about a third that if I am going to water it in...Haven't got the silica sussed yet- I burnt the daylights out of a critical haze plant last yearwhen the sun decided it wasn't finished and I had sprayed....Please don't spray in the sun.  I water it in too every other watering or so and I had noticed the irrigation rates of dilute are much weaker than the foliar with the flairform product.

I make one of these up probably twice a week. I spray them in the shade but make sure that its gonna stay shady lol and then I also make sure they have time to dry before night and the humidity. 

Hope this made sense, tonnes more info but not enough time lol  Itchy and swifty have much more experience I believe, as do many others.  This is a cool thread.  Watch out GC lol :bongon:

• Upvote 1