I found no matter what I did mice and rats still find there way in when they want unless you have a sealed unit,nothing stops them except trapping and killing them ,they especially are a problem this time of year because there looking for a nice warm spots the build a nest,I hate vermin with a passion lol

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Cats

• Upvote 2

Yes true ...have you tried this?

Yes cardona, I grow veggies throughout the year for my own consumption and in the past I have grown them for the commercial organic market.

I grow cucumbers every summer, so I can say from experience, that without making sure the cucumber vines have adequate nutrients prior to flowering, you wont get the much fruit to set and mature. Granted, if you have access to a whole lot of cucumbers, say seconds from a commercial operation or waste from a wholesaler... composting them into the garden will provide a nice environment for other plants that want the same nutrients. 

Growing the cuc's to fertilise the weed though... that is not a cost, time or nutrient effective way of producing flowering nutrients for your cannabis.

• Upvote 1

Yes cardona, I grow veggies throughout the year for my own consumption and in the past I have grown them for the commercial organic market.

I grow cucumbers every summer, so I can say from experience, that without making sure the cucumber vines have adequate nutrients prior to flowering, you wont get the much fruit to set and mature. Granted, if you have access to a whole lot of cucumbers, say seconds from a commercial operation or waste from a wholesaler... composting them into the garden will provide a nice environment for other plants that want the same nutrients.

Growing the cuc's to fertilise the weed though... that is not a cost, time or nutrient effective way of producing flowering nutrients for your cannabis.

I use very little we eat and give the rest away to friends and i collect the seed for the following year ..so very little cost really ..and the peace and enjoyment it brings ...is priceless

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Bokashi can be a lot of fluffing around and can get expensive buying grains and enzyme if you cant make it yourself, plus if the maintenance isnt kept up it can go rotten and stink (not a good stink!). If you're in the burbs go for a worm farm, easier to maintain and better compost/nutes imo.
  • Upvote 1

Bokashi can be a lot of fluffing around and can get expensive buying grains and enzyme if you cant make it yourself, plus if the maintenance isnt kept up it can go rotten and stink (not a good stink!). If you're in the burbs go for a worm farm, easier to maintain and better compost/nutes imo.

Yeah Bunnings didn't have the Bokashi bins but they did had live worms on the shelf. So I ended up getting a worm farm and 1000 worms and a normal 150L compost bin for garden scraps and anything the worms cant keep up with.Sort of don't see the point of the Bokashi bin now I have the others. The only thing I do still like the sounds of with the Bokashi is that the juice (micro organisms or whatever) can help keep your drain unblocked, which sounds cool.