1st grow - outdoor - Autoflowers & Regular

it's only been 26 days since you've sprayed them (?)... what is the withholding period for Dipel (I don't know)

you'd want to ensure that there is no trace of the dipel on/in the plant (is it systemic or just 'topical'?)

for someone with a serious mite/gnat/critter damage your buds actually look quite decent (sugar leaves not so much) - I don't see any webs on the buds (always a good sign)

the longer you postpone harvesting the heavier the buds will get (but you knew that) 

nothing stopping you from taking a branch now (well that dipel is a bit off-putting but) do an overnight quick-dry so you can check out the high.. you may find it is not quite right or maybe perfect... go from there

my $0.02

carry on

I was under the impression there was no withholding period for Dipel when sprayed on the leaves only as its just a bacteria? someone else plz share if u know anything else.

Is it worth risking the buds gettin damaged thru mites for some extra yield?

I will defs try doin a quick dry of a small nug to see how it is guess thatll be best.

Would leaving it longer without re-introducing nutes still allow for some added mass or will it be limited? And whats peoples take on flushin when growing in soil..theres so many people saying to flush and just as many sayin not to :\ 

Bit of both, yeck microwave buds.  Paper bag in a really warm spot like back of the fridge, TV etc overnight is much better.  I reckon with test buds it's best to dry them over a day or 2 so they are a bit closer to what a properly dried bud would be.

The old school method I learned years ago was when the pistils were mostly browned off the buds were ripe enough for harvest.  Since learning about looking at the trich's with a scope, I have discovered that this is a good 3-4 weeks early for my desired effects.  For your desired effect you would likely be looking at about a week after mostly brown hairs (1st browning off), which would also be around the point of peak potency, or at least approaching it.  Having said that, if that plant is the indica dom strain you believe it to be, you will be pushing shit uphill to get what is more a sativa effect, but at least harvesting at that early stage will negate some of the couch lock aspect.

I have also found in my limited experience of taking test buds as maturity approaches, that with the indica doms at least, potency and longevity seem to increase after the first browning off for at least 2-3 weeks.  Without going back to your last pics, I don't remember seeing much if anything in the way of brown/red pistils in the bud, so I would be surprised if potency was good.

Bad weather can cause problems, best approach would be to bring her in under cover if it rains, and keep her well ventilated if possible.  As for insect damage, I'm with Matti, the buds seem to be doing quite nicely anyway, just need to keep an eye on things.

As for soil flushing, dunno.  But, if you have been using hydro nutes in particular, or even stuff like seasol, I would still see a good flush as being worthwhile, with the advantage that being soil the plants can still maintain themselves for a long flush period.  So wait for a 2nd opinion from a soil grower, but probably best to just continue with straight water till the end.

Gonna take all ur advice and leave her at least another 10 days and judge again then. 

For now ill just keep her on straight water because i dont want to re-add nutes in incase i have to pull her because the mite damage gets too out of control.

Even on just straight water she will still fatten up/increase potency with the added time right? Im assuming she will take nutes from the leaves? 

I kno its gross but if there is mites in the buds is it still smokeable? 

Edited by zeeibi21

Hi zeeibi21 :peace:

How long do you reckon they have to go zeebz?  Are you able to get a look with a scope?  Man, I'm going downstairs to check meinz again!  If its close enough maybe give it a good hack and let the underneath stuff get some sun and ripen a little longer like a staggered harvest?  You'll be able to examine the buds more minutely for any signs of mold when you trim them?  I am looking at an early chop myself :/

Peace and all the best zeeibi21

Faith :sun:

Hi zeeibi21 :peace:

How long do you reckon they have to go zeebz?  Are you able to get a look with a scope?  Man, I'm going downstairs to check meinz again!  If its close enough maybe give it a good hack and let the underneath stuff get some sun and ripen a little longer like a staggered harvest?  You'll be able to examine the buds more minutely for any signs of mold when you trim them?  I am looking at an early chop myself :/

Peace and all the best zeeibi21

Faith :sun:

Rougly 2 weeks according to advice from most ppl on this forum. Under scope most looks bout 30% clear rest are cloudy with the odd amber trich here n there.

was gna be happy with it come wednesday but the weather doesnt look like gettin any better...

Im gna harvest the bigger colas now for sure and dry them indoors above 20degrees with a fan blowing air around them..hopefully it doesnt spread any further once harvested :(

this is the biggest kick in the nuts arghhh

Edited by zeeibi21

I'd cut it now

(your trich's are exactly how I like them...just starting to show amber)

too me, just to much crap hitting them and our weather will not bee too great over the next few weeks.

when you do cut may be a good idea to cut your big cola's into their singular buds to they can dry better and so you can look closely at them and check for further mould. if possible keep the buds from the already-infected area away from your other buds, just in case they have the spores. dry in a diff area NOT in the same area.

You were smart to throw the mould-affected bud out... sucks but your health is always more important

I had to dry my last harvest in the oven with the light on (preheated to 100 for only 5min w/o the buds then turned oven off, put in buds coddled in a tea towel but left the light on overnight and then for 4 days as it dried), just to ensure it could dry in the 70+% humidity here. 

Luck!

edit... just looked at my buds...they are back in the oven with light on... much too humid right now

Edited by Matanuska Thunder
  • Upvote 1