Only reason i used peat coir over coco coir is that im impatient and peat was easier to track down than coco and seemed to have the same qualities, i havnt ever grown in coirs before so it was a learning exp for me.. I cant remember what brand i used but i remember what the packaging looks like n i wont get it again its shit. My coir is ridiculously high ph like 7.5 - 8 but my run off is stable at about 6.0.water in at 5.0. All the best with working it out man ph can be a real hassle sometimes and restricts growth when no at a correct level.

Ima

Only reason i used peat coir over coco coir is that im impatient and peat was easier to track down than coco and seemed to have the same qualities, i havnt ever grown in coirs before so it was a learning exp for me.. I cant remember what brand i used but i remember what the packaging looks like n i wont get it again its shit. My coir is ridiculously high ph like 7.5 - 8 but my run off is stable at about 6.0.water in at 5.0. All the best with working it out man ph can be a real hassle sometimes and restricts growth when no at a correct level.

Ima

Hey mate, I can really reccommend buying some premium coco, that is ph buffered. Will really save you some trouble!!!

And i noticed that your tag says " alkaline 7 " it doesnt matter at all but on a ph scale 1-7 but not including 7 is acidic 7-14 but not including 7 is alkaline and 7 is nuetral ph .. Doesnt mean shit just some useless info for the day..

roger on the 7sies - thinking like a search engine i was... >>what will they type if they have this problem? 

and the richgro stuff is coco coir not peat moss .. 'coco peat' they say on their package - this brand is acciiddicc

after a little test-a-roo of the mentioned soil (with the coco) - 6.6 happy times ... will test again in a few weeks