Best place to buy LEDs in Aus?

I'm guessing you just skimmed over my post, or i wasn't very clear so i got a paper and pencil out to work it out for myself.

For the first 30 days i used 1 Mars II 900 (450w)                                                                Total watts used 270000

For the next 45 days i used 2 Mars II 900 (900w)(Jupiter 2 light mover)                             Total watts used 810000

For the last 15 days I used 3 Mars II 900 (1350w)(Jupiter 2 light mover)                            Total watts used 405000

Total watts used 1,485,000 

Divided by 20 hours per day 74250

Divided by 90 days total = 825.

So for the purpose of grams per watts, i used 825 watts of lighting power.

I harvested 700 grams ( 25 ounces ) from 825watts of LED = 0.84 grams per watt.

This was literally the first time I ever grew weed and I made many of the rookie mistakes I chopped the first plant on day 65 and got 4 ounces off it, I think the only plant that was really actually ready was the last one.

You say you average 16 ounces off 600w, 32 ounces off 1200w. I'm guessing you're probably an experienced grower and your gram per watt with those numbers is 0.74. I got 0.84 off LED's on my first every grow...with autoflowers...and many rookie errors.

This is when the plants were young bunched together and under 1 450w LED

attachicon.gif2014-04-05 22.15.44.jpg

A bit older under 2

attachicon.gif2014-04-29 19.58.42.jpg

And under 3

attachicon.gif2014-05-06 21.39.20.jpg

Watt for watt LED's will out yield HPS...people out there claim they're double or whatever its not true, but they are more efficient.

In saying that...My second grow under way now I went RDWC and added an extra mars II 700 (400w draw) I went with 4 plants, 3 NLxBB auto and a Med Gom 1.0 auto scrogged, no light mover... and i pretty much had 1 light above each plant from day 1, and my yield is gonna be shit. I dont even think i will get the same 25 ounces i got from the first grow, and the power usage is so much more this time. Autoflowers were fun...but the difference between the phenos from seed to seed is too much...i have 1 northern light x big bud that is almost done and tiny, and i have another that is massive and still stretching.

I have my sights set on some dr krippling incredible bulk seeds, starting a mother plant running 200watts in a 1.2x.6x1.5 veg tent, start a clone every 2 weeks so they spend 8 weeks in the veg tent and 8 weeks in the flower tent and by the end i should be able to clone and harvest a plant every fortnight. In theory... But im switching to soil too...coz u just cant do that with RDWC.

touche, I did just skim your post ( but can you blame me the led argument rages on this forum) and so thats my bad.  I just saw 1700 wats  for 25 ounces which in that statement is pretty ordinary.  Definitely happy to see you achieving succes with your Led's. Unfortuantely man there is some crap units on the market at the moment. And yes I have done a few cycles, so I give you Kudos if this was one of your first grows

Edited by meddle

touche, I did just skim your post ( but can you blame me the led argument rages on this forum) and so thats my bad.  I just saw 1700 wats  for 25 ounces which in that statement is pretty ordinary.  Definitely happy to see you achieving succes with your Led's. Unfortuantely man there is some crap units on the market at the moment. And yes I have done a few cycles, so I give you Kudos if this was one of your first grows

Actually i wanted to work it out for myself again anyway, coz i'd forgotten. My LED's are from China, and compared to some of the units out there they are cheap, but they're proven as well. I wish the market was more revealing about spectrums though. the one Mars II 700 i have seems to have way more blue in it than the 900's.

topledgrowlights - they have a 3 year warranty and a warehouse in australia its the only LED i've tried but i have no problem recommending it to anyone looking to buy an LED.... Mind you i get all excited when i think about swapping one of them for the dpapillon 315w

Actually i wanted to work it out for myself again anyway, coz i'd forgotten. My LED's are from China, and compared to some of the units out there they are cheap, but they're proven as well. I wish the market was more revealing about spectrums though. the one Mars II 700 i have seems to have way more blue in it than the 900's.

topledgrowlights - they have a 3 year warranty and a warehouse in australia its the only LED i've tried but i have no problem recommending it to anyone looking to buy an LED.... Mind you i get all excited when i think about swapping one of them for the dpapillon 315w

yeah that papilion looks the goods, plus gavita new plasma here soon . lthough Gavita are still saying its not a stand alone light. Im thinking about running those papillions as under lights

Enlighten us, where is the future in horticultural lighting, troll guy?

the sun, ever heard of it spits out a decent spectrum. Troll guy wow, someone is grumpy. Did you not see me thank him for posting his pictures onto this site. I really appreciate that unlike most people that make big claims at least he posts half decent pics.

• Upvote 2

Forget the idiots on this site, don't waste your time.

What's the heat like from the LEDs?

Have you had to replace any diodes?

How far do you keep those 5w units above the canopy? Have you had any bleaching or burning of any kind?

The internode spacing when growing with LEDs is tiny, the stretch is underwhelming 50cm is the height i tried to keep them at, no bleaching or burning at 30cm, I haven't had to replace any diodes and the LED's dont transfer much in the way of heat to the plants themselves, but the growroom itself gets warm because the LED fans just vent into the room, there's no real way to duct that heat out of the room. I cant compare the heat to growing with HPS because I have no experience with it, but I know that running 4 of these units in my tent in the australian summer without any air conditioning would not be possible. In winter my grow room temp sits around 28C.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything really...There's plenty of ways to skin a cat. LED's work for me, efficiently. Sure there's plenty of people with bad experiences with earlier versions of LED grow lights, and there's plenty of people who won't listen no matter what evidence you give them...It doesn't take much googling to figure out that LED grow lights can be a very efficient way to grow.