Rooting booster price comparisons

ok now i opened a can of worms, nothing against u naycha but some people just need to learn to listen a bit more, i stopped that thread caused it was getting hijacked by someone and there alknowing weed and nute knowledge and thought fuck this, i know what info i wanna find out, just thought id share some knowledge, but when you get questioned about the experiment your doing before its even really started because they are "different products with different ingredients", apparantly thats wrong - dont you's understand that they all have they same outcome to your plant, better roots which inturn gives healthier lusher growth, how the products acheive this is irrelevant. The end result is the same.

It pissed me off to see the same arguement from the same people who cant understand what is trying to be achived because seasol is diff from roots excel which is diff from symbiot and so on, so fucking what, the end result is the same. how it does it doesnt mean shit. You may feel one is better than the other but that brings bias into it which is what experiments are trying to avoid. Its like welding, tig, mig and arc they have diffent gasses, rods, current levels, and other shit but they all achieve the same thing. One may be better than the other but they all join metal together, same with the additives, they do there jobs different but achieve the same outcome, better roots and growth.

Sorry if i put some noses out of joint, but i hate seeing people burned for trying something, so what if you'd do it different or with different stuff, its what he wanted and how he wanted it done, if you feel you can do a better job by all means go a head, but dont burn someone for trying something because u dont agree.

Edited by fqm666
  • Upvote 1

Bento has accepted constructive (and non constructive) criticism with grace and dignity. Despite of the flaws that have been pointed out this thread is far from an effort in vain.

If we all shut up and only listened what a piss poor place this would be.

Good on you Bento for having the dignity and grace to accept constructive criticism and being big enough to ignore the plain criticism. Some members could learn from that which of itself makes this thread useful.

Naycha :peace:

Thanks dude appreciated :)

After listening to peoples opinions on how the products are different, i think it is justified and a incorrect approach was taken to this thread, ill be the first person to admit this.

Also i don;t feel burnt by anyone's opinions either or feel that they were being negative, in-fact i have found the input to be useful and i have even learnt some stuff about these rooting additives making this thread :)

If anything i actually feel inspired to rework this thread (perhaps create v2 ?) and turn it into an even better source of information which wouldn't have happened if people did not express their opinions.

• Upvote 3

heya Bentos =) ,Mate, the best thing about the thread is ya got people thinking...... "what am I using on me roots?" , "Is it cost effective?" , "Will I get good results?" and "Is it worth the Money?" .............. so ya did a good thing.

Mate , dont be disheartened =) , Its just when ya look at it at first, it seems simple...........but then theres dosage rates, etc , etc , etc........Ingredients that differ quite a bit........ all those variables have to come into play.

Kinda makes what seems a simple exercise into a rather Mammoth task.... hehe. So well done on havin a crack.

Dont worry bout the bitches with their panties in a twist........eventually the elastic snaps....... lol

Peace. Nibbler

Keep us the good work Bento.........

So i was doing a bit of research tonight on different rooting formulas and decided to work out what rooting formulas work out the cheapest per litre of end solution that you make.

When picking products bottle size i will pick a product that will make as close to 1000L of solution as i can, this will keep the comparisons as close together as possible.

The products we will be comparing and recommended dosages are as follows

Canna - Rhizotonic - 1ml per litre

H&G - Rooting Excelurator - 0.33 ml per litre

CX hydroponics- Regen-a-root - 1ml per litre

Seasol - 3ml to 5ml per litre - this figure is based off what users of this forum are using - i will be using the minimum of 3ml per litre for this comparison.

Great White Mycorrhizal Beneficial Bacteria - 0.1315g per litre (only needs to be used every second week)

Rock Supercharge - 1ml per litre

Symbiot rhizo symbiont - 1ml per litre

All prices are off the cheapest product i could find on ebay, are current as of the time this post was made and do not including shipping costs.

7th place - H&G - Rooting Excelurator - 10.1 cents per litre of solution

6th place - Canna - Rhizotonic - 6.3 cents per litre of solution

5th place - Seasol - 4.2 cents per litre of solution

4th place - Rock supercharge - 4 cents per litre of solution

3rd place - Symbiot rhizo symbiont - 3.9 cents per litre of solution

2nd place - Great White Mycorrhizal Beneficial Bacteria - 3.13c per litre of solution *1*

1st place - CX hydroponics - Regen-a-root - 2.2 cents per litre of solution

if re-gen-a-root is the cheapest i'd avoid it; price usually indicates quality somewhat ..... h&g roots excel far supercede's most of the products listed and its the most expensive; they can get away with charging these prices when they have the best rootzone accelerant product ..... great white is in a different class altogether...... and nor would you wish to be feeding your plants great white on every reservoir change-out..... it's added to the medium initially usually.... sure they will direct you to feed your plants watered great white though..... $$$$$$......canna's rhizo is only slightly more effective at encouraging root growth than seaweed in my opinion .... ..... i usually use it as a last resort if i cant get ahold of roots excel...... also the larger roots excel canisters have a cheaper price per litre rate ......i'm not talking 20ltr drums ... just the larger 200mls(ish) bottle...... (cheaper price per litre than the smallest sizes canister available)

interesting thread ..... there's no better way to validate any of this than with a side-by-side comparison grow or atleast by using the products over several grows.....

peace n pot,

Edited by ind00rcultiv8r

ok now i opened a can of worms, nothing against u naycha but some people just need to learn to listen a bit more, i stopped that thread caused it was getting hijacked by someone and there alknowing weed and nute knowledge and thought fuck this, i know what info i wanna find out, just thought id share some knowledge, but when you get questioned about the experiment your doing before its even really started because they are "different products with different ingredients", apparantly thats wrong - dont you's understand that they all have they same outcome to your plant, better roots which inturn gives healthier lusher growth, how the products acheive this is irrelevant. The end result is the same.

It pissed me off to see the same arguement from the same people who cant understand what is trying to be achived because seasol is diff from roots excel which is diff from symbiot and so on, so fucking what, the end result is the same. how it does it doesnt mean shit. You may feel one is better than the other but that brings bias into it which is what experiments are trying to avoid. Its like welding, tig, mig and arc they have diffent gasses, rods, current levels, and other shit but they all achieve the same thing. One may be better than the other but they all join metal together, same with the additives, they do there jobs different but achieve the same outcome, better roots and growth.

Sorry if i put some noses out of joint, but i hate seeing people burned for trying something, so what if you'd do it different or with different stuff, its what he wanted and how he wanted it done, if you feel you can do a better job by all means go a head, but dont burn someone for trying something because u dont agree.

Don't be put off so easily mate. I looked at that thread and didn't see any negative comments, just some questioning and attempts to help you refine the thread. I would be interested to see your results from the side by side grows

• Upvote 2

You started a thread...two posts made by another member giving positive, constructive crtitcism, which you said you appreciated and would take on board.

Nek minnit ya hare having a fucking sook...

Keep at it Bento, hurting no-one...

JAIKAI

• Upvote 2