Best Bloom Booster

Guest weekprik
Alternate weeks - "oxyplus" 1 week ,then "bio bugs" the next

Oh okies, dont they cancel each other out?

I mean doesnt Biobugs put beneficial bugs on ya roots, and doesnt H202 kill any living bug it come in contact with??

Also I have been using H202, but just recently had suggested to me to use Hydroshield which is H202 with added Silver??

anyone have more info on this????

why use anything? experienced hydro growers don't use H202 as a matter of procedure from what I've seen. Your hydro shop will try to tell you about all these products that other customers can't grow without. Everytime I walk into the place the guy tries to sell me some crap, and it seems he has a never ending cycle of new products coming in. I don't blame him, he's just trying to make a buck. I just smile, and let him give his little pitch and just say no thanks. He's persistant though, hoping that one day I'll give in. :rolleyes: maybe one day I will give in. This hydro shop is actually pretty expensive, I just go there cause I like the guy.

Guest weekprik

I thought the whole Idea of H202 was to increase oxygen levels and to kill unwanted pathogens etc,

A freind has never used H202 but I shouted him a bottle and told him he will use it from now on too :rolleyes:,

He tried it to see how it would go,

In his home made Turbo tank system it has doubled the root growth compared to any of his other grows, Other than that the plant is still growing the same etc,

I personally started using it after I became unhappy the pythoff, also Pythoff only kills pythium (spelling sucks), just as a additive to stop any bugs or root dieseases, or problems/

So I assume you dont use it pipeman?, what do you do to avoid pythium and other root problems?

Maybe I should go a grow without using it?

I've heard H202 can actually damage your roots if you use it all the time. I don't know. I've got some and am trialling in my aero cloner to try an improve success rates, but have never used in bubblers and never had root problems. I believe people should get a good feel for basic growing and being able to read their plants nad make adjustments accordingly before they start worrying about additives and boosters and all that stuff. Using all the latest additives will not improve your plants if you are unskilled in basic nute managment and reading your plants.

Guest weekprik

H202 is just a preventative isnt it? I mean you use it to avoid problems not to treat them?

Im seriously thinking of giving it a miss all together, but just paranoid that I will get root diesease, or rot. ;(

I reakon the H202 Im using doesnt do em any favours, I mean I have to wear gloves otherwise it kills any skin it touches, mind you the stuff reakons its all used up and gone within 1/2 hr??

I dont need oxygen anyways as I use the old air stone and pump,

oh- whats the quietest air pump for growing?? mine is too noisey.

Edited by weekprik

By running Oxy-plus one week and switching to Bio-bugs the next you will have the best roots you have ever seen.

You see the oxy-plus strips any dead root particles making then really brillant white, ready for new growth and another benefit is that the oxyplus kills any diease as well.

Then after the next water change add Bio-Bugs into the nutrient tank (dont put any oxyplus in this week) These will multiply and really make the root system grow fast.

On the follwoing week put oxyplus and so on.

Only use amount of product as the directions on bottle of oxyplus and biobugs reccomends.

jack Frost do you run a hydro store???

you only seem to make a posat when it concerns flowering additive crap.

I personally started using it after I became unhappy the pythoff, also Pythoff only kills pythium (spelling sucks), just as a additive to stop any bugs or root dieseases, or problems/

So I assume you dont use it pipeman?, what do you do to avoid pythium and other root problems?

pythium is only a problem for commercial tables, especially NFT systems in hot areas.

I doubt any grower here has seen it.

Keep your water temps below 25celcius and keep your water changes frequent. keep all water constantly moving and keep light away from water and you will have no problems.

Algae and shit isn't a serious problem anyway, just makes everything smell bad and increases chances of mouldy buds.

Guest weekprik
damn, might try one unit in each of those ways, one with bio, and the other unit with nothing, and see what happens. Is their only one biobugs product?? And if you do own a store wheres it at? ;l