Greens Party Policies

Guest Field_of_Light

They did actually do an indepth report on some of the illegal refugees coming over to OZ...and yes a high number did pay up to 25K OZ just to be put on some shitty boat with holes in it.....and some were carrying large amounts of cash when caught.......

If I lived under Saddams rule...Id consider my self pretty blessed to be in OZ....because lets face it the only people to recieve green lights on immigration are athletes....

And we know how much they contribute to the building of our society.........har de farkin har

And to add some more controversy to the issue...I think anyone let in to the country should sign a form saying they under under scrutiny for the first 10 years they are here...ie if they rape, murder, molest anyone in that time they get sent home......small crimes are insignificant.....is that too hard to abide by? Ah IM a product of a media driven age.......shit shit shit

I repeat, show me the figures, at the very least from a reliable independant source.

Thanks sols, I probably should just give up, but sometimes the statements made by some members simply need to be responded to. After all, that's what we're here to do isn't it? Discuss issues affecting us?

Oh, and Field_of_Light, what defines being a small crime? I mean, the ones you just mentioned are all very serious, but would only offences upon the person be considered serious? Or would you go by the sentence imposed to dictate the seriousness or lack thereof of the crime. An interesting idea, I'd like to see the budget proposals for "scrutiny" of all foreign nationals, regarless of prior convictions or lack of them. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to monitor every foreign national in australia, for up to ten years each?'d all be in the secret service through necessity, because it would be the largest employer in the country! Get real, mate.

And for the "anti-refugee" advocates, show me one single piece of evidence that says that the people who have arrived in australia via boats and people smugglers, have been either terrorists, or anything other than people who have lost all hope, sold everything they owned and made the only attempt they know of to reach sanctuary. One single instance. Please, because I hear a lot of rhetoric, but not many documented facts. I find it interesting that the government can make all kinds of claims about the nationalities and intentions, but there is no way to confirm it! The press isn't allowed in, the lawyers who are trying to represent them can't see them.... Why would you believe a government which has been shown to lie to us time and time and time again. "Children Overboard" What a fucking farce. And to this day they try to shift the blame onto the refugees.

Hmmm, I better stop before I burst a blood vessel..... ::(:

Guest Field_of_Light

Luke Skywalker.....sure it poses a logistical problem but damn it what would happen if saddam moved here? You saying its not worth the money to watch him? Maybe its as easy as entering their names on a database with the police and if they get done for rape etc then the alarms go off....your accusing people of not thinking laterally here....look at yourself as well. Mine was just an idea....it can be enshrined into any minor statues we have.....regarding entry to Australia...

Do you remember the bullshit White Australia policy?

People applying normally have to undergo blood and background checks....

Do you really think that arriving on a boat entitles anyone to jump ahead of the que...and by crikey it s long cue. There are some British couples who have been waiting for 8 years....

Does the phrase....get real...mean anything to you??

Luke understands this mate. It doesn’t take a professor to realize that stepping on that boat cost money. they don’t offer that service for free you know and if you knew anything you also know how profitable helping cross Mexicans & Chinese refugees into America is most of them can not afford it so their used as cheap labor. So imagine how much it costs them to ship them here. If you did not see it all this was shown in news papers all subscriptions and all media news channels maybe you should watch the news some time you might learn something. Let me guess what’s the next thing your going to say that the media is forced into putting that their. Right ok

I believe you need to get a dictionary and learn the Actual meaning of a Refugee.

A theory from someone that is a little wasted.

One problem is that many of these refugees are the real thing and for some of them its jump que or die, send them back and you are murdering whole families. Other passengers are the undesirables like escaping criminals, que jumpers, opportunists, etc, these are the ones that need to be weeded out and sent back, after they have earned the fare in sweat that is, the undesirables probably subsidise the passage of the refugees just to give themselves cover.

The remaining refugees should then be given a chance to fit into the Australian culture and their children should be brought up as Australian, not Middle Eastern or Asian. When in Rome…..

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

Guest Field_of_Light

Ahhh....I do beleive the man has a good point!

It really is a shame we cant rely on the media to provide us with a more accurate picture of whats going on......

I am also wondering when the iraqi crisis is over will anyone who has become an OZ citizen that was a refugee and Iraqi.....will they want to go home?

would you?

Think of the way the US, UK, etc, will be throwing money into Iraq in an attempt to buy back the Arab nations, it will probably make me want to become a refugee to Iraq! I reckon you could grow some excellent mj in that climate. :( ::(:

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

The remaining refugees should then be given a chance to fit into the Australian culture and their children should be brought up as Australian, not Middle Eastern or Asian. When in Rome…..

I think refugees & immigrants should be encouraged to keep the cultures, traditions and belief systems of their countries of origon. I don't want to live a country where people have to fit in with everyone else. What a nightmare.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing you need to be an Australian is to be a resident of Australia.