Greens Party Policies

Guest bacchus
The reasons given for the invasion were blatantly false, the U.S. claimed to have substantial evidence of chemical and biological weapons programs.  But they refused, point blank, to share this so called "evidence" with anyone!  And everything they've presented to the U.N. Security council has either turned out to be unsubstantiated, or plain falsehoods. 

take a look at this link, there is also talk of this "forgery" in one of my last posts in the "bomb iraq" topic....

Fake Papers Back War: Blix

but the U.S. is involved in countless other illegitimate and opressive goverments. So does that make them evil and self interested too? Yes, and yes again.

What a lot of people seem to have forgotten is that George Bush senior put Saddam Hussein into power when the US was having all that trouble with Iran 20 or so years back, George "Warlord" Bush has only been trying to fix his fathers meddling in international affairs by his “liberation” of Iraq, at least Clinton kept his affairs in the office.

Control of the oil is of course a priority as the worlds oil reserves are running out and the US Military is dependent on petroleum products to function, If the US has control then their jets, tanks and warships will still be working when everyone else's are out of go juice.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

i dunno how many of you guys know about prohibition in america in the 20's but basically......some puritan bullshit american government made alchohol illegal....this reform lead to the rise of huge mafia cartels and basically turned several cities into crime central....in prohibition's high time it was estimated almost twice as many people drunk alchohol then than people who drunk before prohibtion....

i think its a similar case with marajuana....the government is just makin it easier for gangs to make money....australia has like a third of the amount of bank robberies it used to have because it is so much easier to make money through pot and eccie....basically by making pot illegal they're restricting young people's right to experiment and giving criminals and easier way to make money (by selling shit weed)

Guest Field_of_Light

A young persons right?

I beleive young people have rights and loads of them in this society we live in....for the under 18s the right to smoke pot and drink shouldnt be one of them.........

I know Im going to get flamed here......

why? My own experiences, my friends, my family, myself...all this I have seen and the impact that drugs like these have on the developing person. By all means once you hit the age of 18(actually should be 20) the brain and the body have by and large stopped growing and developing. I firmly beleive that alcohol and mj have for the most part a negative role to play in the mind of developing people. Learning process and patterns of behaviour will have been established at this point - of course they continue throughout the persons life but it is largely beleived that the human brain develops immensely up till this point..

I started smoking when I was 13 (weed) and had an awesome time doing it....but by the time I was 16 I had had enough....I learnt sweet fuck all in that time....my grades dropped to a normal level and I beleive to this day it has affected me neurologically as the mechanisms I learnt to deal with those things you do when you are in your teens were inappropriate becuase they were altered perceptions of a social reality...not the real reality......

I plan to demonstrate to my children...and encourage as much as I can why I dont think they should smoke or drink till the age of 18...of course I can guarantee this isnt going to work but a good bit of parental education is better than nothing.......I will try.

I get pm quite a few times on here by people I believe to be under 18...I do actually say to them that if they are under 18 they probably shouldnt be here and that their mental development is at stake....funnily enuff after advice is handed out they dont pm me anymore....I am assuming that I am right because noone ever says I am over 18 - they just disappear into the night....:D

Anyone heard of marijuana induced paranoia? more a psychological condition where you are no longer fully in control of your behaviours, (the 1 second anger rule - flying into rages etc)...the product of too much mj...and yeh I beleive some people can have too much...the same as alcohol...some people should never drink..some people should never smoke....then some can smoke half an ounce a day and they are fine...each to their own...but who regulates their own behaviour?

Im glad this site has responsibly put a you must be 18 or over to enter clause at the front......

Oh yeh..fuck saddam and fuck george bush (that was the topic wasnt it?) ::):

i dunno mate....i mean obviously you're pretty much now a responsible adult (which is cool...i respect that and your opinion)......but i think that your teens are not only a time for physical and mental development but a time for experimenting.......trying new things.......branching out and shit......i agree with the fact that it cant be good to smoke or drink but it is also proven that you teens are one of your most stressful times in life which leads to the fact that the 13-19 age demographic has the highest rate of suicide internationally....some of those people if they had just stopped worrying so much...blazed up and mellowed out might still be alive.....this is turning into an interesting debate

by the way i am only 16 so thats the main reason i disagree

FUCK GEORGE BUSH IN THE EAR AND LITTLE JOHNNY TOO

Guest Field_of_Light

Hey man I can respect that.......

But if you remember this conversation when you are 30 see if your opinions changed....maybe it will maybe it wont....

Do you know the correlation between drugs and those killing themsleves? Simply smoking a spliff isnt going to stop someone killing themselves....inability to get on with peers , society, feelings of depression, lonliness etc isnt going to be cured by smoking the weed (yes there are always exceptions)

So you like to try things out? Tyr leaping off a 90 foot cliff....thats experimenting...doesnt mean its good for you......nor will it mean its ever good for you and your development

People need to look at at whats causing their stress rather than just masking it all the time....I think that often the young people ahve an idea that smoking weed is a freedom of choice issue...more likely it s peer pressure issue to start and ...of course its enjoyable.....but branching out does not have to include drugs....do drugs help you figure out who you are?????? This is an absurd notion which is currently extremely trendy...Ill just find myself in a haze of marijuana...dude what r u going to find? a half empty roach bowl?

Try finding yourself in a biddhist monastary..no drugs...spiritual understanding of the self....try spending 2days alone with your own company...meditating.....if you cant handle that or something similar what are you hiding from man?

Alcohol is more widely accepted and frankly significantly worse (I beleive) in terms of the developing person...but its socially sanctioned....like mj one day will become.....

There arent enuff education programs eplaining ther risks of drinking when you are young so it is foolish for me to think that they will put them in place b4 mj is made semi legal...altho in NZ they have recognised there will have to be a lengthy campaign on what mj does to you in every aspect fo your life b4 they decriminalise it....

Dude Im still experimenting now....life is fun.....and always will be

Guest Field_of_Light

thats cool........

And when they tell you itll make you schizo...do you just turn off and dont bother listening......or do you ask questions like...sir when did you last smoke it? They should really be more honest and say its not good for you when you are youung and that smoking it may give you cancer.(when what u should be doing to cut down on most of those chemicals is eat it).....

Largely its not true.....I beleive it only makes problems worse for some people who already have schizophrenia....

Maybe the politics at the time decreed lets do something about mj.....I dont go to your school so I dont know

Just think Beer Barons get Knighthoods....and MJ users get jail........nice system eh....

why? My own experiences, my friends, my family, myself...all this I have seen and the impact that drugs like these have on the developing person. By all means once you hit the age of 18(actually should be 20) the brain and the body have by and large stopped growing and developing. I firmly beleive that alcohol and mj have for the most part a negative role to play in the mind of developing people. Learning process and patterns of behaviour will have been established at this point - of course they continue throughout the persons life but it is largely beleived that the human brain develops immensely up till this point..

I agree with this but one thing that has not changed over the years is that teenagers are secure in the knowledge that they know more than us, just like we always knew more than our out-of-date parents. We learnt by our own mistakes and not those of other people, now it's another generations turn.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif