Vaping vs bonging

Hi PTR888, I have to agree with Sydvapor description of vapeing. It's a creeper effect and not the instant rush you get from a bong which puts some folks off at the start. I just endured with it for a week or two and haven't looked back. Can't stand tobaccy now.

Don't be fooled by the vapour tho, I have two reg cone sized vape hits n getted just as smashed as I would've smoking the same cones worth, just takes a bit longer to kick in. Many a time I have underestimated good buddage and been couch locked for hours :)

Also the flavour you get from nice buds (shits over smoking) can cause you to want to have one or three extra vapes, which I don't advise, if having important functions to attend too.

Whip on brother

Thanks Guys

I think the initial switch will be the hardest part for me. The more I read the more I'm starting to worry about my wife, I've smoked constantly for 16 years and after a while I realized that I didn't need to pack the biggest cone possible because I was already stoned. Now this is pretty standard to most smokers but every now and then you come across people who just don't grasp that concept and my wife is one of them. I started to realise that it was the hit from tobacco in the mix that she was dependant on. So much so she was able to quit for a while just smoking tobacco through the bong, does this mean the vape just isn't going to do it for her?

My plan is to stop smoking tobacco all together (as i haven't seen or read any Info about mixing tobacco with bud in a vaporiser?) :sick The quicker I personally get away from tobacco the better. Unfortunately I have no choice in the matter as far as I'm concerned, if I don't start looking after my body I don't think I'll last to much longer.

So its vape or quit   :crybaby: and I hate alcohol.

As I've never met anyone else who has a vape (I think aussies are a bit behind the times) it has been really hard to get some practical info, so thank you all for taking the time to help me with this.

Now I just have to wait till it arrives in the mail :yahoo:

I'll definitely post my experience once I've given it a good work out 

Ohh and another question I try not touch my weed to much due to oils on our skin that can remove the resin off the buds. The way I chop is in a deep small bowl on an angle and very sharp scissors. The only info I can find tells me that a grinder is the best way to prepare for the vape is this true?(worried I'm going to lose good resin in the grinder)

Thanks Again 

PTR888

Hi PTR888,  the way i split my tobacco from from weed was using the vape to get a 'Stone' and using a product like 'nicorette' to stop the nicotine cravings.. 

im not saying this method works for everyone.. but this is what i did..!!

Before i got out of bed in the morning..(we all know the first thing you do when you get out of bed is coffee and a smoke.) so.before i got up..... i let a 'nicorette' minty lollie dissolve UNDER my tongue (eccy style lol) and i didnt put my feet on the floor till it had all gone..  and with in a few minutes my craving for a smake had gone.. this step broke the first habit..   and i realized that nicotine was driving my cannabis use..   i didnt even finish the whole packet of lollies, before the cravings stopped.

i just used my vape at night to get some sleep.. (cause we all know sleep deprivation is a killer when your giving up smoking..)

I dont recommend you mix tobacco in your weed to vaporize, its best not to mix the two drugs..  one is a 'dialator' and one is a 'constrictor' .  

i recommend buying a grinder, they mill the herb to a consistant size,  and are perfect to use with a vape.. and you dont have to touch your buds as much.

ive read a few articals regarding vaping and because of the lower temperatures, we are more likely to inhale germs from the weed, than if you burnt it in a bong.. so hygine plays a more important role when vaping..

Hope this all help. 

Vape4life

Peace..  

• Upvote 1

Thanks Guys

I think the initial switch will be the hardest part for me. The more I read the more I'm starting to worry about my wife, I've smoked constantly for 16 years and after a while I realized that I didn't need to pack the biggest cone possible because I was already stoned. Now this is pretty standard to most smokers but every now and then you come across people who just don't grasp that concept and my wife is one of them. I started to realise that it was the hit from tobacco in the mix that she was dependant on. So much so she was able to quit for a while just smoking tobacco through the bong, does this mean the vape just isn't going to do it for her?

My plan is to stop smoking tobacco all together (as i haven't seen or read any Info about mixing tobacco with bud in a vaporiser?) :sick The quicker I personally get away from tobacco the better. Unfortunately I have no choice in the matter as far as I'm concerned, if I don't start looking after my body I don't think I'll last to much longer.

So its vape or quit   :crybaby: and I hate alcohol.

As I've never met anyone else who has a vape (I think aussies are a bit behind the times) it has been really hard to get some practical info, so thank you all for taking the time to help me with this.

Now I just have to wait till it arrives in the mail :yahoo:

I'll definitely post my experience once I've given it a good work out 

Ohh and another question I try not touch my weed to much due to oils on our skin that can remove the resin off the buds. The way I chop is in a deep small bowl on an angle and very sharp scissors. The only info I can find tells me that a grinder is the best way to prepare for the vape is this true?(worried I'm going to lose good resin in the grinder)

Thanks Again 

PTR888

All good, glad to give what advice I can.

I'm not sure if you're saying that you think your wife smokes too much weed at a time, or that she's smoking tobacco with it. 

Yeah, everyone that seems to spin or most anyway, seem to have the idea that they're spacing out their weed and it'll last longer.

Though from observation, it's the other way around. They tend to associate the effects they get from tobacco with it, that being much

more addictive, probably to the point it actually convinces them that they're not "high enough" and yeah it's really the additional effects

of the nicotine etc that they're chasing. 

I think that it *can* slightly accentuate/accelerate the high, but I also think it burns it out quicker, which again in turn leads to using more.

So in this kind of case "more cones" definitely doesn't mean "last longer".

So evidently she's a tobacco smoker too?  

Well...yeah in answer to your question the vaping probably won't seem like all that good to her. 

You yourself probably won't think it's shit-hot but it seems like you're probably more receptive to actually putting in effort...from what 

you have said, she may not be. 

Though she might, all you can really do is encourage. 

If you end up quitting, her still smoking might bother you more and more...'cos you really get a better sense of taste and smell back. 

My advice there is, just stop her from mixing with the weed if you can. That'll be the biggest hurdle. 

Teach her to enjoy the high as it is without any other effects in play, if she's capable of doing that it's a step. 

As to how to get a person to quit tobacco itself it's never been a thing for me, so I dunno. 

So like with you (but moreso), for her getting used to vaping will be a matter of patience and acceptance - It won't be all it can be at first, or while a 

person is still smoking weed too. I've been there in that "in between" transitional phase so I'm not talking shit here. 

I know that you *can* get a good high when you still smoke, but it's not representative or even close to the kind of high you get from

only vaping after a few weeks.

Yeah I wouldn't mix in the vape...I haven't researched tobacco at all, but I'd say certain things burn at different temperatures and I would say that 

considering the consistency of tobacco it would go before the weed did...by the time the weed vaped you might have the overpowering taste of 

tobacco and that might be burnt by the time the weed starts to release it's goodness.

Not to mention yeah...you'd just fuck up your vapouriser, it'd be lined with and forever tasting like tobacco...the smell and taste of which sticks around

longer and stronger than most substances.

I think you're worrying a bit too much about losing resin etc...like, trust me, if you're buying it - the guys handling it and transporting it and selling and

reselling/repackaging it before you get it, will do WAY more damage in that way than you could ever hope to if you juggled it.

Yes, get yourself a grinder. More even chop helps. Scissors actually compress weed in comparison I think. 

One more thing. 

When you vape - don't let the wife smoke the post-vape. 

It burns hotter and only really the junk is left in there with a little bit of THC, it tastes like shit to smoke anyways, and it's probably damaging.  

You can actually save it up and cook some alright edibles with it. 

• Upvote 1

Hey Guys

Well I wanted it to be a week on the vape before I replied to give it a good try and all I can say is I'm in love, this thing is awesome. I never in my years of smoking thought I could walk away from the bong so easily.

As soon as it arrived I was impressed the vaporizer itself was in a really funky looking padded hemp bag with padded pockets for the glass wand and mouth piece and even a carry strap. from the look of the packaging i new this product was going to be well made and easy to use. I set the vape up and let it heat while i read the info and grinded my buds, I then proceeded to take a hit and that was it love at first taste. I never knew it could taste so good, all those years of wasted buds its criminal.

Now I've always added spin to my weed, its just what you did where I grew up. So this is really the first time I've had it green (apart from the occasional find yourself with no spin and copious amounts of budd). Within two days I wasn't missing the bong or the tobacco and now the smell of the bong makes me sick to my stomach. Now one of the reasons I use weed is to regulate my sleeping. As it is I take double the recommended dose of sleeping tablets and I still wake up middle of the night to punch a couple of cones. As of the third night on the vape I'm now sleeping through with half my dose of sleeping tablets. Also I've now found if I want to punch one quickly cause I'm late for work or something. I need to smoke it green or I feel really ill, so happy to be tobacco free.

As predicted my wife used it twice and complained it wasn't a good enough hit, so she went back to the bong. but as the week has gone on she has seen the difference in my motivation and overall energy levels plus she reckons she has never seen me this stoned, I think she is starting to come around. I'll get her on it eventually she'll just have to get through those first few days.

So the only thing now is to find a good portable option for on the go. 

Thanks again

A true convert 

PTR888

Edited by PTR888
  • Upvote 1

I've been on the bong a long time, bit the bullet and ordered a vapourizer today, can't wait to try it out.

Trying to give away the tobacco completely, off cigs in general but still have that urge to spark up, I know the cause is the tobacco we use for spin so I'm giving vaping a try, cheers for all the reviews and opinions here and in other threads, helped me make up my mind.

I grabbed the extreme q.

now the smell of the bong makes me sick to my stomach.

Knew it. 

Sounds like it's going pretty well though...and yeah, the wife just needs to make a commitment to TRY the thing really...if she gives it a couple of weeks it'll work for her.

I grabbed the extreme q.

Nice choice there man. 

I have been vaping for over a year after 20 years of bongs I could never go back an threw my smelly bong out about 6 months ago. Got the extreme Q but then bought the arizer solo as it portable. Now prefer the solo as so quick and easy to use and uses half the bud of the Q. Like to hit the solo in bed at night to help sleep

Hey Guys

Well I wanted it to be a week on the vape before I replied to give it a good try and all I can say is I'm in love, this thing is awesome. I never in my years of smoking thought I could walk away from the bong so easily.

As soon as it arrived I was impressed the vaporizer itself was in a really funky looking padded hemp bag with padded pockets for the glass wand and mouth piece and even a carry strap. from the look of the packaging i new this product was going to be well made and easy to use. I set the vape up and let it heat while i read the info and grinded my buds, I then proceeded to take a hit and that was it love at first taste. I never knew it could taste so good, all those years of wasted buds its criminal.

Now I've always added spin to my weed, its just what you did where I grew up. So this is really the first time I've had it green (apart from the occasional find yourself with no spin and copious amounts of budd). Within two days I wasn't missing the bong or the tobacco and now the smell of the bong makes me sick to my stomach. Now one of the reasons I use weed is to regulate my sleeping. As it is I take double the recommended dose of sleeping tablets and I still wake up middle of the night to punch a couple of cones. As of the third night on the vape I'm now sleeping through with half my dose of sleeping tablets. Also I've now found if I want to punch one quickly cause I'm late for work or something. I need to smoke it green or I feel really ill, so happy to be tobacco free.

As predicted my wife used it twice and complained it wasn't a good enough hit, so she went back to the bong. but as the week has gone on she has seen the difference in my motivation and overall energy levels plus she reckons she has never seen me this stoned, I think she is starting to come around. I'll get her on it eventually she'll just have to get through those first few days.

So the only thing now is to find a good portable option for on the go. 

Thanks again

A true convert 

PTR888

great to  hear!!!   im sure the misses will come around with time.. 

portable option i prefer is www.vaporgenie.com

Welcome to the vape club!! lol

Vape4life!!