TGA Exemption Approved - Vaping Medicine / E-liquid

danadane

Question

I was approved for medical cannabis a week ago. I am using a company called Cannvalate in Victoria. I have been sold 2 x 25ml bottles of Tilray 25/25 CBD Oil. I take 1.2 mls per day. I have also been vaping for the past 12 years until my TGA approval came through.

I do not like the effects of this oral oil and I resent paying $350 for a 25ml bottle as it retails for $86 in Canada. Cannvalate has contracted with Tilray locking patients (or customers as they refer to us as) into outrageous prices that see Australians paying 4 times the price Canadians pay.

I have asked Cannvalate to prescribe me an e-liquid or herb (preferably Australian product) so I can vape my medication as required. They say they cannot prescribe e-liquids as they are locked into a CBD Oil contract and they will review this in a few years. They have agreed to transfer me to another doctor if I can find one who will prescribe e-liquid or herb. They say they know of doctors who do this but they will not refer me to these doctors. I am expected to find one myself.

I contacted another company today called Cannabis Access to enquire if their doctors will consider e-liquids or herb and they confirmed they do prescribe these products however I will need to pay them $450 for me to ask a doctor if they can prescribe it for me. 

Is anyone in the community aware of a doctor or company who prescribes e-liquid or herb for Chronic Pain?

I am open to all suggestions.

7 answers to this question

I have grown OG Kush hydroponically in the past and actually still have a mars 9 LED. I would need a tent and filters (OG Kush can be smelt from around the block)

Perhaps homegrown is the best option. I will have to ponder.

TOR Browser and direct negotiation may be a possibility also.

Thanks for the comments.