Vaping vs bonging

Any tips or hints

In reply to the original posts, these are my tips/hints.

If you haven't yet...I'm in no way trying to seem like a dick about this, but get a better vape than the mflb.

The vapostar is a bit of a step up, I see that you already have that - it's in my opinion a better starter vape than the mflb even though it's a little more time consuming to use. 

Though really, a "good" vape puts these things in the dirt. 

As a few people have reco'd, the arizer Extreme models are excellent. User friendly, they look great, and the quality/quantity of vapour is superb. 

Another hint, stop smoking. All together.

Not just on some anti-smoking rant here, but as a guy that's gone over from smoking to ONLY vaping, with a period of both in the middle...the less you smoke, the more your body gets 

used to vaping, and the more efficient it will become. You will get stoned off vapes more quickly and much longer. 

You don't get the full awesome effects of a vape until you're vaping only. Truth. 

Be patient. 

I have a MFLB which I love because of how discreet and odourless it is. If you are a heavy user i dont think it would cut it for you. I also use a vape genie but its a bit trickier because you need a lighter. When im looking for that hard hitting instant stone i will reach for the bong. I commonly use a double chamber with a carbon filter, for health reasons amongst others. Smoke is cool and smooth as silk as well as a very minimal smell.

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I hope I'm posting in the right spot. I was after some advice about vapes vs bongs, its got to the point now my high is being counteracted by my constant worry that my lungs have suffered considerable damage over my 16yrs of smoking. So I have a few questions.

First will a chronic bong smoker enjoy a vape as much?

What will be a good starting point for a vape?

Are they really a healthier option? 

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I hope I'm posting in the right spot. I was after some advice about vapes vs bongs, its got to the point now my high is being counteracted by my constant worry that my lungs have suffered considerable damage over my 16yrs of smoking. So I have a few questions.

First will a chronic bong smoker enjoy a vape as much?

What will be a good starting point for a vape?

Are they really a healthier option? 

Hi ptr888.. 

i used to be a big bong fan, until 3 years ago when i bought my first vaporgenie cost is very reasonable , I have two, (one for guests and demos) , Ive since become a reseller of the product, because i think they are the best bang for buck.( If you would like to purchase one from a aussie shop contact me via PM.)

Its a way healthier option.. and i get very stoned.. with a minimum amount of Cannabis. 

To me its a' no brainer', but each to their own..  I understand not everyone takes their health seriously.. its a personal choice i respect.

I just wish i was givin this choice before i picked up a bong.. 25 yrs of bong smoking must have done damage.. I hope i can repair it with time and vape..

all the best with your decision making!! I hope ive shed some light on the subject for you.. 

Vape4life!!

Peace!!

Hi ptr888.. 

i used to be a big bong fan, until 3 years ago when i bought my first vaporgenie cost is very reasonable , I have two, (one for guests and demos) , Ive since become a reseller of the product, because i think they are the best bang for buck.( If you would like to purchase one from a aussie shop contact me via PM.)

Its a way healthier option.. and i get very stoned.. with a minimum amount of Cannabis. 

To me its a' no brainer', but each to their own..  I understand not everyone takes their health seriously.. its a personal choice i respect.

I just wish i was givin this choice before i picked up a bong.. 25 yrs of bong smoking must have done damage.. I hope i can repair it with time and vape..

all the best with your decision making!! I hope ive shed some light on the subject for you.. 

Vape4life!!

Peace!!

Thanks Sirvapealot

I've been wrestling with this decision for a while now even quit for short period, but over the years I've come to realise I will always use pot to relax and self medicate. So the problem became my health (or lack there of) due to my constant smoking. 

After all the research I've decided to give it ago, so I just purchased a Da Buddah online. I decided to go with a home unit to start with only cause my wife smokes as well and it should be more suited to sharing. 

Hopefully in a couple of months my lung function returns and I can enjoy my high knowing my kids wont have a dead or half dead father.

I'm actually quite excitied to try it out.

So thanks again

PTR888

• Upvote 1

Hey there PTR, 

I hear nothing but good things about Da Buddah, so I'd say according to what I've heard you've made something of a solid choice. 

Yeah I mean while I don't think that smoking *just* weed is all THAT damaging to your lungs, it's obvious that it's a bit detrimental to your lung capacity and respiration...I mean you hear some nasty hacking up going on when a regular bong smoker, even joint smoker (though less so) coughs.

I made the switch, the complete switch at least a few years ago now. 

I went from smoking, to trying to vape only - though at first it didn't give me what I came to expect, and occasionally smoking with it.

At one point I actually "gave up" for my better health, just telling myself the vaping isn't all that, but it was as good as it could get while protecting my health - That's something to pay attention to though, because after about three weeks, maybe four, things got a lot better. 

In the initial non-smoking phase, I coughed a fair bit. Coughed up a fair load of junk outta my lungs/throat. 

Vaping got more soothing, less "tickly" and I was able to hold it longer with gradually bigger inhalations.

My lungs/body just got used to this method. The highs became more intense, faster to initiate, and with longer duration.

Body-wise, I noticed I wasn't "puffed out" as much while say walking up-hills, hitting the gym and the like. 

Less coughing. Like, NO coughing anymore. Lung capacity has increased.

Generally speaking at times I wasn't high, I felt just better, more alert.

Less of the negative associations (like social anxiety/paranoia) with smoking seemed to be there,  

Also in the times I don't have greens available, I don't "hang out" half as much as I used to...so I'd say a lot of the more

physically addictive/habit forming attributes are more in terms of combustion. 

You won't get the strong initial hit you do from bongs. It's more gradual. 

Kind of like you know when you smoke a creeper, you all of a sudden just realise you're stoned after an almost indiscernible

ascent into it.

You WILL miss smoking. At least for a bit. The smell of joints still really gets me.

You will become a bloodhound, immediately smelling in someone elses place if they've been smoking weed, and wonder how

the fuck you missed it so much when you were - puts things in perspective for a lot of smokers that think their smell prevention

measures have been working, sure did with me.

One thing though, after both smoking, smoking and vaping, then just vaping, the most important thing is to be patient.

Vaping, is only all it can be when you stop smoking.

I know there's some people that smoke and vape and get high from the vape, I was one of them.

But I never got as high from a vape, as when I went vape-exclusive for about 3 weeks solid.

One unfortunate side effect, if you're an otherwise non-smoker...is that if you (well I only speak from my own experience) miss it so

much that you decide to light up a joint or have a cone, you may find it tastes like absolute shit and makes you feel a bit crap the next

morning. Probably not the same for everyone, but in my case it was like "yech".

I do miss joints though, and occasionally still have one, but nearly every time I regret it thereafter.

So yeah, be patient.

Try to vape ONLY for a month if you can, that's my advice.  

Also yes, they're really a healthier option. 

You're not getting a bunch of other stuff that gets released when you set it on fire...you're just getting pure vapour-borne THC minus the carcinogens.

Not only that, but the form of the vapour itself also facilitates the clearance of congested material in your lungs/throat that you get 

from smoking - hence the initial coughing...so yeah not only does it do no harm, it actually improves things.

That said, I only speak from my personal experiences, thoughts and observations.

I feel better and healthier for it - I also make some mad edibles from my leftovers, another benefit.

Let us know how you go with it.

• Upvote 1