Arizer solo - Any ways to overcome the difficult draw?

Hey Guys 

Looking for some suggestions or recommendations on after market mouth pieces to improve the airflow on an Arizer Solo.

I'm new to vaping, its been a little over a month now and my first purchase was a Da Buddha which I love. The only downside to this unit is the lack of mobility, so to overcome that I just purchased an Arizer Solo.

Now I did a fair bit of research before committing to these purchases. I read numerous rave reviews about the solo and in them the only common downside was a few reviews mentioning the difficulty to draw through the solo. Being abit sceptical how hard the resistance could be I decided it was still the model for me. On first using the solo I was shocked with how difficult it actually was so much that I was worried I had made a very expensive error.

After I few sessions with it I'm now really happy with the high I get from a third of the buds I was using in the Da Buddha. I love how small and easy it is to set up, charge and load, but I still think there has to be a way to improve the airflow.

Also the only place I seem to be able to find other mouthpieces is overseas and I like to purchase through an Australian supplier, if possible just to make it easier with returns and so forth. 

Much appreciated

PTR888 

• Upvote 1

I got one too a couple of months ago and get 6 to 8 draws out of a small bowl of buds. 

Do you pack your buds in the chamber and then wait for it to heat up, or do you let it heat up first and then pack your buds in?

I found by packing the buds first and then letting the device heat up to your preset level makes a big difference on how much vapor comes through.  Doing it this way I don't have to draw very hard to get quite alot of vapor.  It is still a slower, steady draw unlike a bong hit but I don't feel like I have to suck very hard to get the vapor out.

Hope that helps.

One last thing, I got 2 mouth pieces with mine. One is straight and one is bent about 45 degrees.  I think I read that the straight one allows better airflow, but I've have only used the other one so far and not found a need to try the straight one yet.

Edited by lifestylez

I got one too a couple of months ago and get 6 to 8 draws out of a small bowl of buds. 

Do you pack your buds in the chamber and then wait for it to heat up, or do you let it heat up first and then pack your buds in?

I found by packing the buds first and then letting the device heat up to your preset level makes a big difference on how much vapor comes through.  Doing it this way I don't have to draw very hard to get quite alot of vapor.  It is still a slower, steady draw unlike a bong hit but I don't feel like I have to suck very hard to get the vapor out.

Hope that helps.

One last thing, I got 2 mouth pieces with mine. One is straight and one is bent about 45 degrees.  I think I read that the straight one allows better airflow, but I've have only used the other one so far and not found a need to try the straight one yet.

hey lifestylez

I did a bit more research and it seems what your saying about the heating up is one of the best ways to go been doing that today and its been a major improvement.

I'm the same and up until 20 mins ago been only using the the bent stem, but for the last few days I've been chipping away very slowly at the glass divider in the straight stem and it just popped out(cracked out). That has made a huge difference, more like my da buddha wand now with a cut down screen not four little holes. The only reason I tried this was because I have the little diamond files otherwise the whole thing probably would have cracked. Still took the precaution and used the straight one first and it might be a little harder on the bent stem as I cant get at it from both sides.

Really happy with the unit already and now that I've made the draw alot easier its only getting better :yahoo:  

hey lifestylez

I did a bit more research and it seems what your saying about the heating up is one of the best ways to go been doing that today and its been a major improvement.

I'm the same and up until 20 mins ago been only using the the bent stem, but for the last few days I've been chipping away very slowly at the glass divider in the straight stem and it just popped out(cracked out). That has made a huge difference, more like my da buddha wand now with a cut down screen not four little holes. The only reason I tried this was because I have the little diamond files otherwise the whole thing probably would have cracked. Still took the precaution and used the straight one first and it might be a little harder on the bent stem as I cant get at it from both sides.

Really happy with the unit already and now that I've made the draw alot easier its only getting better :yahoo:  

Sounds like you did a bit of surgery to get what you needed :) Well done.  I use a screen as well, because on my first use I got a fair bit of bud in my mouth.  Unfortunately, the solo did not come with any screens so I ended up ordering some seperately.

It is a cool little device.  I usually set it on the 6th or 7th (maximum) level too.

Sounds like you did a bit of surgery to get what you needed :) Well done.  I use a screen as well, because on my first use I got a fair bit of bud in my mouth.  Unfortunately, the solo did not come with any screens so I ended up ordering some seperately.

It is a cool little device.  I usually set it on the 6th or 7th (maximum) level too.

Yeah got a mouthfull first time I used it too, think it must be a well documented problem as my solo came with screens just needed to be cut down

I broke a couple of stems trying to modify them to get better air flow. I bought a coupe of PVHES stems which were much easier to draw from but you have to have them shipped from Canada

looking to get a couple sent over soon, just found a couple of cool looking ones. There is an awesome looking one that has gel in the mouthpiece like an ice pack to cool down the vapor. Probably go with the wooden one with a metal tip that looks pretty cool supposed to be very hard to break.

Sorry for reigniting this thread - not sure what the rules are on that.. But I just received my Solo Arizer last night! (my first vape). Deffinatly noticing the strong resistence with the stock stems so I've been looking into grabbing one of those PVHES stems that everyone seems to swear by. Problem is I can't find them anywhere in AUS, will I need to ship from mabye PlanetVape or somewhere?

Also would anyone reccomened the straight or bent over another? I'm leaning towards straight because itll be much eaiser to clean but the bent ones do looks a bit cooler :pimp:

Hey guys 

I've managed to break both my glass stems that came with the arizer (well I should say my wife has managed to break both of them).

Im Just About to order a couple through a company called Ed's TNT. They have some awesome looking wood and stainless stems that have been made with slits to improve airflow plus a larger hole through the centre.

Price is up there at $35-50 a stem, but I'm likley going to break that many $ worth a year of glass ones

Just waiting to hear back about shipping costs will let you know how i go