Vaping vs bonging

Well being the impulse buyer our economy sorely needs I went and picked up the Extreme Q from a local retailer. I figured I smoke far more at home than anywhere else and I've never had issue with smoking spiffs etc on the go so went the bigger unit. Bags are a bonus novelty for now, but may be good for my situation. My garage is probably 45 degrees at the moment with two cars stuffed in there.

Just came back to earth from my first bag attempt. As I didn't really know how much pure weed (cant vape tobacco, time to man up) to use I thought, "Fuck it, holidays started 20mins ago, it's on." And went for it. Thing is, I forgot about the whip trial I did 20 min earlier with the same attitude. Anyway....

3 hours of jammin away on my newly retubed amp later.....(high was very clear thanks to some nice Nuguinea Gold sativa)

Coughed a bit, but wasn't too bad to be honest. One word......yum. Sersiously, how longs has this shit been going on? :)

I mustn't have been ready for the SSV earlier, and this is only the first day......

But so far so good. I do like the digital temp reading, though who knows how accurate it is. I remember the knob on my SSV twisting on the stem and being randomly moved sometimes giving me a sense of lacking control. The SSV was definitely made stronger than the plastic bodied Q. You get heaps of goodies which I'm still trying to figure out with the Q and some spare parts which I thought was good (especially considering how munted I soon became and how breakable glass can be). I feel as though the SSV is easier to pack and empty due to is design, with the Q's bowl getting hot. But the Q is so easy and with the bigger vertical bowl you just pack her up and let fly.......yep okay, it's calling me back, I'm outta here.....

Stay classy OzStoners....

• Upvote 1

One word......yum. Sersiously, how longs has this shit been going on? :)

You got it man!! I'm glad to hear it worked out, and you've seen the light. Your weed is going to go a LOT, LOT further now, believe me. Have you tried it hooked up to a bong yet? This is usually the thing that convinces the holdouts.

For my 2 bits. Tried vaps many times. Many, many times

Disliked the effort to convince oneself that one was high.

Read all the hints but still didn't get there.

Sort of Ok for leaf I guess where you are always sitting about thinking "am I there yet?

Bucket Bong rules :)

The high from vaporizing is definitely a little bit different to smoking, most people find it clearer, with less of a 'hangover'. It also takes longer to feel the effects. As Ferrethead mentioned above, you can be sitting there thinking "is that it?", then you take a few more rips, and 5 minutes later you're like "holy SHIT I'm wasted!" It kind of sneaks up on you.

Many people prefer the high from smoking, which is more instantaneous and 'couch locky'. This is totally ok... some people like cats, some like dogs. One isn't better than the other. But to say that vaporizing doesn't get you high? I'm sorry, but you must be doing something wrong. When THC enters your bloodstream via the lungs, it will find its way to your brain, and you will feel the effects. The method used to get the THC into your blood is irrelevant. If you're not feeling any effects at all, it means the THC isn't in your blood, therefore something is wrong with the technique.

Those times when you did vaporize, did you take more than 1 or 2 hits? Did you hold the vapor in your lungs for at least 5 seconds? Did you smoke beforehand? And when do you smoke, do you mix tobacco? If you answer these questions, I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it.

You're absolutely right about the bucket bong, one hit is enough. This isn't the case with vaporizing, I usually need 5-10 good hits to get where I want to be. Its a different style of using cannabis, and isn't for everyone I admit. I hope this post doesn't sound defensive or something... Its just that I've heard this story many times before, and I enjoy opening peoples eyes to another way to use cannabis.

Edited by resist

Hi resist sounds like me to the T I get through at least 3 vapes to get high but its crystal clear and a trip on the Tat Tanic I have, but I do use a lot. i tried a joint the other day with the amount I use for one vap and got wasted but stoned wasted realy messed up I prefere the clear trip now I have with a vap its all good.

For my 2 bits. Tried vaps many times. Many, many times

Disliked the effort to convince oneself that one was high.

Read all the hints but still didn't get there.

Sort of Ok for leaf I guess where you are always sitting about thinking "am I there yet?

Bucket Bong rules :)

I do know what you mean. Last night as my bedtime smoke I opted for the bong. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my beloved bong, but I do think vaping is the way forward during the day, or when I want to be productive etc. vaping before a jam session is perfect cause you don't feel heavy in the body, yet your brain is soaring.

Found the bags were a good method, but the whip is tastier and you can get more vapour. Mrs loves the bag.

My iolite will not start, I think the flint it is dead... any known hacks? Poo..... (It's at least 4yrs old, 1st generation model)

post-4942-0-33193000-1356051405_thumb.jpg

to those with Magic Flight Launch Box... batteries, anyway to use my own rechargeable batteries or?

4-8(ish) puffs per battery charge (1 session) ?

Jahmin just re-reading your post - lol

...well cured, stanky, "exotic", "dank" bud...

Still debating buying a MFLB - I can get one for under $50 via my canna friendly US based sister, at that price... covers lots of it's possible downfalls!

I like the idea of portability for occasional discreet sessions, and would rarely use at home (I think).

(edit for accuracy, Iolite introduced in 2008 and to add a photo)

Edited by Matanuska Thunder

My iolite will not start, I think the flint it is dead... any known hacks? Poo..... (It's at least 4yrs old, 1st generation model)

post-4942-0-33193000-1356051405_thumb.jpg

to those with Magic Flight Launch Box... batteries, anyway to use my own rechargeable batteries or?

4-8(ish) puffs per battery charge (1 session) ?

Not sure about hacks, but I know Iolite does has some replacement parts. But I'm not sure which part would need replacing, and if its possible to do yourself. Email the company, hopefully they can send you a new part. It would also be a good idea to post the question on www.FuckCombustion.com, the best vaporizer forums on the web. Lots of experts there.

You can use pretty much any rechargeable NiMH AA battery with the Magic Flight. I've gotten some 2800mh batteries that have more juice than the standard batteries (2200mh from memory), so the box gets slightly hotter and faster-warming, best for an experienced user. Its just a matter of peeling off the label, so the shell of the battery can make contact with the wire inside the Magic Flight. Different brands of batteries have slight variances in the width, believe it or not, so some brands of batteries can be a looser or tighter fit. More info here: http://www.magic-flight.com/batteries.php

I have just tried the Ariser hand held vap its got a lithium battery I think the charge last for about an hour and I have just discoverd that if you switch it on for 10 secs to warm up put a tiny amount of bud in it and start drawing gently I can get shit faced in one go its amazingling good. I will have to revisit my technique on the larger blown unit as I have been using comparativly large amount for the same effect. Unless you let it heat right up there is no smoke that you can see but the taste and effect are awsome 5 stars

Hi All

have just recently started vaping and still head back to the bong( 20 yrs of habit hard to break)

I have 2 vaps a Magic flight portable battery operated box which is my favourite and just brought a vapostar which just goes in the stem of a bong not as good as the box but i still keep going back to the bong

Neither have temp regulation as both are portable.

Any tips or hints

or suggestions on vapoursing.

tks

Have you tried vaping Hash oil.

There are a few ways to spot hash. For the nices smoothes smoke/high

a bubbler or a Hash dome would be ideal. Happy hunting.