Vaping vs bonging

Never used a vape, so I would love some advice on the effectiveness of a vape vs smoking specifically from a medicinal point of view.  My main medicinal targets are muscle and joint pain and relaxation of the muscles, insomnia, and to some extent mildly dodgy guts.  Whilst smoking can seem to help with settling the stomach and relaxing the muscles if taken at the right dosage, it doesn't seem to do a lot for the pain or insomnia, at least not for me.  Has anybody had better outcomes on these fronts using a vapouriser, and if so would it be fair to say that in order to get the best results a vape with adjustable temperature control is a must?  Have to say it would be hard to walk away from that tangy throat grabbing taste of pulling a cone of nice buds, but it would be worth it for better medicinal results.  That and the fact that in spite of giving up ciggies over 15 years ago, my lung capacity is still crap.

I used a vape for the first time last night and definitely missed that rush you get from pulling a big cone with spin, but it's time to get away from tobacco for me and I cough way to much with straight green.

I will say it's a far better taste, inceredible difference, and I got nicely toasted from a fraction of what I'd pump through the billy in a session, slept like a baby too - I don't have insomnia but I tend to wake up at least a 1/2 dozen times or more over the night, I think I woke up once grabbed a drink and was asleep again before I knew it.

I'm sure it will take me a while to get the best out of it, I found I got more of a hit from the balloon than the whip, but I'm still fiddling with temps and techniques to find what's best for me.

I can't help on the pain relief aspect, all the best with that mate.

You got one of the bag models...here's a fun fact. 

You can buy bags for a food grade vac-sealer machine, right? 

Now usually unless they're the individual ones, they come in a roll and you cut/seal it as you go.

So, if it's not cut/sealed and left as it is, you can attach the bit you normally put on bags, to those, and make yourself a party bag, or as I call it, the vapour snake.

Make it as long as you like, the vapour keeps.

We have one that's 5 metres.

For us, it takes 3 whole fills to fill it up, running at fairly low temps and without burning anything or making it taste too toasty. 

Not only do you get this massive vapour bag, but it's food grade so it's likely a bit safer than filling up say a garbage bag which I suppose you could do too. 

Another benefit of this? 

You can take a power hit...because the material is tougher and more durable than the vape bags, you can get one person inhaling, and another holding the other end of

the bag. When you start inhaling, they start applying pressure and rolling it up real quick. 

What you get, is something like a bucket-bong effect, but with vapes...

Yknow, it sounds funny to say it, but I reckon it might actually be good for your lungs to do that...full expansion, vapes get deep. 

Even if it's not any more beneficial than vaping normally, it certainly gets you SO done.

Has anybody had better outcomes on these fronts using a vapouriser, and if so would it be fair to say that in order to get the best results a vape with adjustable temperature control is a must? 

I've had migraine relief?

I mean not a hell of a lot but it helped with the pain and was certainly not as abrasive as the act of smoking would have been to me at the time. 

Yes, I would say to get a vape that has temperature control if you're into it for these reasons.

I'm not sure specifically of things, but I looked up some info for you, this may help:

http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Vaporizing_Effects_by_Temperature

I've had migraine relief?

I mean not a hell of a lot but it helped with the pain and was certainly not as abrasive as the act of smoking would have been to me at the time. 

Yes, I would say to get a vape that has temperature control if you're into it for these reasons.

I'm not sure specifically of things, but I looked up some info for you, this may help:

http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Vaporizing_Effects_by_Temperature

Good link, thanks for that Syd.  I was aware that different cannabinoids burned at different temps, hence the question, but having a guide laid out like that for different effects should come in handy as a starting point.

Hey Everyone 

I've now been using a vape exclusively for over a month now and there is now no way I'll ever go back to the bong(16yr smoker). :egyptdance:  

Apart from the genuine health benefits, taste and using less buds to get you whacked. The high is so clean I feel like I'm 14 again and getting stoned for the first times. Smoking weed for me became mundane and the only way I new I was stoned was when I either ran out or had crap to smoke. But as you have all said you have to completely switch to the vape. Deal with those first few weeks of separation from your best friend billy and you'll never look back.

I've now managed to switch my wife onto the vape and hopefully within a couple of weeks we'll be a smoke free house :yahoo: 

I love my Da Buddha it really is a well made product and gets me extremely toasted. The only downside for me is not being portable enough considering I like to sit down have a sesh and watch telly or play on the net. So I just bought an Arizer Solo and it should turn up in the next couple of days, cant wait.

Anyone had much experience with an Arizer Solo?

• Upvote 1

Deal with those first few weeks of separation from your best friend billy and you'll never look back.

That's the best advice you can pass along to anyone that tries, eh.

I've now managed to switch my wife onto the vape and hopefully within a couple of weeks we'll be a smoke free house

Nicely done.

Just the Extreme...but if that's anything to go by, I would say they're quite capable of producing a really good quality portable vape too. 

That and, I've heard pretty much nothing but REALLY good things about the Solo.

Hey Everyone 

I've now been using a vape exclusively for over a month now and there is now no way I'll ever go back to the bong(16yr smoker). :egyptdance:  

Apart from the genuine health benefits, taste and using less buds to get you whacked. The high is so clean I feel like I'm 14 again and getting stoned for the first times. Smoking weed for me became mundane and the only way I new I was stoned was when I either ran out or had crap to smoke. But as you have all said you have to completely switch to the vape. Deal with those first few weeks of separation from your best friend billy and you'll never look back.

I've now managed to switch my wife onto the vape and hopefully within a couple of weeks we'll be a smoke free house :yahoo:

I love my Da Buddha it really is a well made product and gets me extremely toasted. The only downside for me is not being portable enough considering I like to sit down have a sesh and watch telly or play on the net. So I just bought an Arizer Solo and it should turn up in the next couple of days, cant wait.

thats Great!!!!!!! News PTR888.. :egyptdance:   if your concerned with portability, I think the vaporgenie is the ultimate, all you need is a lighter..

Im a stockist, and have a few on hand, let me know if i can help..

Vape4life  :pimp:

thats Great!!!!!!! News PTR888.. :egyptdance:   if your concerned with portability, I think the vaporgenie is the ultimate, all you need is a lighter..

I can vouch for this bro-the genie is just the thing for me-no sus aromas nice clear vapor when ya get it tuned-takes about half a good sesh :good:  Portability is the same as any ol pipe.  Nice and clear and crisp.  smoke/vape around 1/2 -2/3 as much as I did before.  fave will alway be the spliff in my case-hangin nice and sticky but the vape for me is the dn for daytime med intake.  No I don't work for vape lol

Peace on yas. v :sun:

• Upvote 1

I can vouch for this bro-the genie is just the thing for me-no sus aromas nice clear vapor when ya get it tuned-takes about half a good sesh :good:  Portability is the same as any ol pipe.  Nice and clear and crisp.  smoke/vape around 1/2 -2/3 as much as I did before.  fave will alway be the spliff in my case-hangin nice and sticky but the vape for me is the dn for daytime med intake.  No I don't work for vape lol

Peace on yas. v :sun:

The vaporgenie looks pretty cool I was thinking about 1 of them for camping,

Also I live in rural area with pretty bad wind so we get quite alot of blackouts that last hours!!! had 1 the other night didnt know what to do :crybaby: , we use a generator but that barely runs the pumps for water and a few fridge/freezers. 

Pretty happy with the solo so far apart from the difficult draw, but definitely need a no power option. I think if I spend any more money on vapes at the moment my wife will shoot me  :signthis: . So I'll be in touch when the purse strings open up again. 

thanks PTR888

• Upvote 1

Vape all the way people...its the best in every way!

Ive never gone back to the dirty bong. Sorry bong heads but your wasting your lungs.

No spin , clean and pure vapour..true medical grade tasty all the way.

Odourless, smokless, and twice as effective easily...

Break the mold, vape for life;-)

dabuddah works for me..realy simple and easy

dont get caught up in flashy lights and controls ect..

• Upvote 1