Jadcla 2011-2012 grow (update)

yeah about that mate its more sativa so will take abit longer to rippen up if the weather doesnt work out for u u can pull it up u will just have a slightly imature tasting bud, n yeah the buds look heavy your gonna have to support the branches as best u can. looks sweet mate keep it up all the best.... :db:

cheers mate! Yeh i wanna leave it as long as i can, but its getting hard ay!! getting so fat and juicy!! im trying my best to kep it supported :)peace mate,Jad

heya Jadcla =) , Soz mate, been on holiday...... Fushin.......... Ya plants are lookin sweet, glad its all going well. No more flood water for you!!! Keep em coming, they got a fair bit to go, so enjoy the ride.

The trichomes seem to be more easy to see with about 100x magnification, well, for my tired eyes anyway.

Bud well man. peace. Nibbler.

Oohhh hey bru! you hev a good holiday fushin?! haha nice mate, LOVE fishing! yeh floods seem to stop, but havent been gettin much sun lately... might order a 100x then :)peace buddy and tthnx for poppin in

LOoking good mate. To many people harvest early. Hold strong brother. I think this whole trichrome thing is bullshit. I have been looking at my trichromes right from the start of flowering. If I harvested when I had mostly milky and a few amber trichromes I would have harvested after 4 weeks. I think if you wait for the majority of pistals to brown and shrink back into the bud and the false seed pods to swell your about on the money. Each strain has it's own high characteristics and if picked when ripe will deliver that type of high. Ripe is the key my friend. The last couple of weeks do make the difference. Bigger yield and better high and taste. Bit like picking an apple that's not ripe it doesn't taste right and is a bit small. Shit analogy but hey don't panic and pick when ripe. The strain will dictate the type of stone. Sativas are more pick me up and indicas more sit me down and chill. Edited by big outdoor
  • Upvote 1

LOoking good mate. To many people harvest early. Hold strong brother. I think this whole trichrome thing is bullshit. I have been looking at my trichromes right from the start of flowering. If I harvested when I had mostly milky and a few amber trichromes I would have harvested after 4 weeks. I think if you wait for the majority of pistals to brown and shrink back into the bud and the false seed pods to swell your on about the money. Each strain has it's own high characteristics and if picked when ripe will deliver that type of high. Ripe is the key my friend. The last couple of weeks do make the difference. Bigger yield and better high and taste. Bit like picking an apple that's not ripe it doesn't taste right and is a bit small. Shit analogy but hey don't panic and pick when ripe. The strain will dictate the type of stone. Sativas are more pick me up and indicas more sit me down and chill.

cheers for that mate!! im just worried about her dying from the wind hahha... and im even more nervous about when my big one gets some weight on her! but yeh, i will keep in mind what you tell me :) cheers heaps buddy!

Peace

Jadcla

Yeah weight can be a problem. Can u hammer some long stakes into the ground next to the pot and tie up the colas ur worried about. That is what I have done for my red dragon. Although I have the advantage through tipping and bending that my branches are bloody thick and strong. I have 2 or 3 colas tied up with cable ties to each stake. Problem u will have is because ur in a pot the plant is so much higher. So finding long enough stakes could be an issue

LOoking good mate. To many people harvest early. Hold strong brother. I think this whole trichrome thing is bullshit. I have been looking at my trichromes right from the start of flowering. If I harvested when I had mostly milky and a few amber trichromes I would have harvested after 4 weeks.

Trichomes are the most accurate way to guage a plants readiness at harvest indoors. Outdoors though you may find some darker colouring in the trichomes (Turpines) but they will still start out clear, but they do appear more ripe than the plant actually is outdoors, so can be a lil tricky.

On Sati's just wait, show us some pics, heap of people grown outdoors, that combined with the Pistil colour and Trichome condition will help you figure out what a sati looks like when it's ready.

Have fun Jadcla, and yeah Fushin was fun man, Cheers. peace. Nibbler.

Yeah weight can be a problem. Can u hammer some long stakes into the ground next to the pot and tie up the colas ur worried about. That is what I have done for my red dragon. Although I have the advantage through tipping and bending that my branches are bloody thick and strong. I have 2 or 3 colas tied up with cable ties to each stake. Problem u will have is because ur in a pot the plant is so much higher. So finding long enough stakes could be an issue

i may have to get the longest star pickets i can find and then attach some lengths of bamboo to em to get the extra height, that should work i think.. :) thanks heaps for your help mate!peaceJadcla

Trichomes are the most accurate way to guage a plants readiness at harvest indoors. Outdoors though you may find some darker colouring in the trichomes (Turpines) but they will still start out clear, but they do appear more ripe than the plant actually is outdoors, so can be a lil tricky.

On Sati's just wait, show us some pics, heap of people grown outdoors, that combined with the Pistil colour and Trichome condition will help you figure out what a sati looks like when it's ready.

Have fun Jadcla, and yeah Fushin was fun man, Cheers. peace. Nibbler.

cheers nibler,what exactly are these "turpines" you speak of? never heard of that before... i have a pretty good idea as to when i should harvest, but i will be putting photos up to make sure :)... this does seem like a very sativa dominent strain, but to me the leaf structure and bud structure looks very tight and more indica... thoughts?good to hear fushin was fun! always is mate, couple of cold ones and some bait and ya rod and you are set!!!anyways mate, thanks again!Peace mateJadcla