SCROG QUESTIONS?

Everyones done that Skywalker, I call it "vegged too long" or "under-estimated stretch" syndrome. lol But if anyone has any links to BoG setups like buddys descriptions post em. I got 240cm head room, so snapping stems does nothing for me but waste space where heaps of fat upright 2ft colas could be growing. Same reason I dont like SCROGs. they look impressive with all the tightly packed buds, but the buds are never big, you need big thick stems in veg to make big fat colas in bloom I reckon.

Anyway with the BoG, how are the plants grown, are plants on the outer edge started early?? or raised on platforms?? or maybe just grow 4 plants in the corners and train them down towards the inside??

Edited by white_cluster

Guest Wilderbud

Simple, plant hectares of weed on flat land and lay some irrigation down then water it from a bore [or the nearest town dam if youre in a bikie gang]. 6 months later you employ some Landcare kids to harvest it all by hand. I havent worked out the curing part yet? :mellow:

Just for pics of course. lol

Edited by Wilderbud

And last but not least B) the BOG.

You need 4 screens to surround the plants, the stems are trained up the screens and all the bud sites get the same amount of light.

One lamp will shine on all sides of the bowl saving power, more light can be used depending on the size of the bowl.

I hope this gives you some idea of why its called bowl / box of green. lol

post-18-1069115776_thumb.jpg

cheers heaps for the effort there mate, I love the idea of that BoG now, wish I knew about it earlier, I think its got me fairly convinced to do a scrog crop next, with a bare 400w and a 600w hanging above that, I wasn't picturing the screens being so vertical, I just thought it would be a scrog screen that sunk in the middle.

Gee that is a different one Buddy, that's v-scrog isn't it? ... I was imagining just vertical screens on the outer edge of a normal scrog canopy... Like WC described, sorta like a bowl or something, with a smooth plane from the horizontal to vertical planes... the advanced scrog tactics link I've posted here a thousand times has something at the end on this... Still, I'd love to see if you can find any other pics of a working setup mate... are the lights used vertically? lol

Everyones done that Skywalker, I call it "vegged too long" or "under-estimated stretch" syndrome.

yeah, hee hee, I agree with you mate, one plant was waaaay ahead of the other, (interestingly enough the media based rather than bubbler plant, but it had more to do with phenotypic expression within the cross rather than system IMHO) and I ended up doing it this way for that precise reason... but the particular strain had some large colas on the heavier sativa pheno plant, so in the end it was a good thing... ;) Plus, the fact that these were revegged plants probably had something to do with it, yeilds were massive on that particular plant, (tommy-girl for those who've read my thread) and I feel the age and time devoted to vegging was the reason for this. B)

I got 240cm head room, so snapping stems does nothing for me but waste space where heaps of fat upright 2ft colas could be growing. Same reason I dont like SCROGs. they look impressive with all the tightly packed buds, but the buds are never big, you need big thick stems in veg to make big fat colas in bloom I reckon.

I agree with you about the snapping stems /supercropping thing... I think you could do a lot of harm snapping the stems indiscriminately, and unless you know exactly what you're doing you're probably doing more harm than good. Still, there are more ways to grow pot than gardeners, as I always say, so whatever you need to do.... :( SCroG has a lot of applications, and can be a brilliant tool for growers in some situations, and with some strains, but yeah, if you really want a good yeild, then I'd say let em grow as long as you can... Get them cola's going and lay down the basis for a loooong stretch... people seem preoccupied with keeping the stretch under control, when it's this which forms the structure of the buds themselves... Larger stretch, (with high light levels of course, pointless having a huge stretch on a plant if the stretch is caused by low light...) larger yeild.

Anyway with the BoG, how are the plants grown, are plants on the outer edge started early?? or raised on platforms?? or maybe just grow 4 plants in the corners and train them down towards the inside??

I started mine in the middle as close to the lights as possible, and slowly moved them out as they grew and the branches were tied down and moved to the middle. Of course, not all growers can do this, but moving the pots slowly over time can really make for much more efficient growth... The lamp movers are damn expensive, but if I could get one I would. This would solve that problem, but for the moment moving the pots slowly is ok....

Did you have a look at my grow mate? ;)

240cm head room? You lucky bastard WC... That must be soooooo helpful.