First time scrog - need pointers and advice

Hey crew

So It’s my first attempt at scrogging,! I’ve only ever done the standard way with some lollipopping but always ended with a nice cola and smaller to popcorn buds down low on the plant so thought I’d try this way after some reading and research

Brief description -

600w hps, 1.5mx1.5mx2m tent , in coco , drain to waste

Well....

I think I didn’t do it right , I installed the screen after 4 weeks of veg and some light lst to spread them just above it and let it grow about another week and flipped them - now I’ve been spreading them under the net and popping the pre flowers up through , seems to be doing okay but then I read I should have popped them up in veg and then trained and tied them down with plant wire or string ABOVE the net instead of below ... not sure if it matters but seems to be doing okay now !

I put a scrog net over my open area (2.4long x1.5 deep and ceilings 3m High ) got 2x 600s with a 315 CHM in the middle . That’s mainly to help spread the couple different strains evenly now (bubblegum, ak47s, cheese, random clones) and act as a support .

Any advice on next time ?

post-64125-0-07855800-1554554492_thumb.jpeg

post-64125-0-44527100-1554554551_thumb.jpeg

OK, so here's what I do

She stays in 18/6 until the plant is spread out and fills the entire grow space, using the netting to hold all of the growth down, she'll naturally grow up towards the light, tuck all growth under the netting, spreading her out like a starfish.

Don't be tying her down or weaving her through the netting or come harvest it's an absolute bastard to cut free and untangle. If you tie her down the stems swell and the ties can cut into the stems cutting into the phloem (plants feed route) or the green stuff on the outside of the stems. Cutting the phloem is what people do when they ringbark a tree, it kills the tree. Don't do that.

If you've already turned 12/12 before training her out you have to be VERY F#@KING careful not to damage the stems. Any damage will allow her to weep, this weeping will cause mould in the buds. So be careful the stems or you'll end up with a nice harvest of mouldy bud. You train her in grow, then let her grow up through the netting in bloom. In a confined space like a tent you'll be doing some real fast learning. REAL FAST.

You wanted advice for next time... ...yea, ask questions before ya start.

Merl1n

• Upvote 2

Thank you so much for your advice again mate (on my other post too)

Okay cool so I’ll train them under and try fill out the tent on my next run - more veg time seems the key instead of me being impatient .

Your other grow is amazing I’d only need to do one or two a year then to have my supply of home grown .

Legend !

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Merlins the Scrogg man!

i woulda let them veg abit longer aswell

and fill the net right up, you got a few big holes there.

always next time.

don't put you scrogg 

netting to low to the ground either

can be a real bitch to crawl under and do 

maintenance on your plants,

your back will thank you for it lol

Merlins the Scrogg man!

i woulda let them veg abit longer aswell

and fill the net right up, you got a few big holes there.

always next time.

don't put you scrogg

netting to low to the ground either

can be a real bitch to crawl under and do

maintenance on your plants,

your back will thank you for it lol

Yep agreed impatience got the best of me - I have 4 different strains growing at different rates .. not a smart move but as you said next time I’ll take some of these techniques and hopefully have a gallery worthy photo to take for everyone !

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

50mm squares- will upgrade next run - ive already had to snip a few squares bigger!!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Ah ok, yeah I reckon you will like working with bigger squares. I built my own scrog net out of a 25mm pvc pipe frame and twine. Can make it to suit your size and make the squares however big you want [emoji106]

Like this...

Edited by SOOTY
  • Upvote 1