SCROG QUESTIONS?

Bent over Green... kinda like scrog, but without a screen defining where the buds will be positioned. You just tie down indivdual branches until the canopy is more or less even, and let them grow out from there... As they develop, they're tied down and grow across the planes of the light more than directly up into them. Training to fill a small space without a screen really.

Allows more freedom and lets you still grow long cola's in small spaces. :P My last grow was a BoG. :P

Guest Wilderbud

[in reply to the above post about BoG]

I have always done this to my plants to make them bushy little buggers - a few experienced personal growers Ive known do the same thing so I just went with the crowd.

Tipping the plant produces a fatter stem compared to fimming apparently so either could produce more bud than the other - its hard to tell but FIM does give you a lot more growth tips and less stress so I think its better unless you have limited horizontal space.

PS. I tie tips for a week at most and I think 'snapping the hurd' during flowering is also a good thing although I think it will overstress a plant if you do more than a few tips or the wrong tip [i havent experimented with flowering too much]. Also, I hope youre doing it for pictorial reasons as it probably isnt ideal for yield/area or yield/time. :P

<wish>

Itd be great if I could keep marijuana in flower mode - any ideas relating to this Luke? :P

</wish>

Edited by Wilderbud

BoG= Bowl of Green aka Box of Green....similar to SCROG= Screen of Green, whereby a number of plants are grown under a horizontal screen close to the edges and when the plants are forced into flower, they are allowed to climb out and up vertical screens placed around the perimeter of the horizontal one.

The light/s are hung in the middle of the bowl without a shade and the plants can take advantage of 270 degree's of light. :P

Sounds a bit labour intensive and messy to me though . :P

cheers, so its bent over green , bowl of green and box of green, a search at overgrow gave me bonanza of green. (which was merely perpetual harvest method).

I'm still kinda lost, off to check out your last grow.

Does it involve actual snapping to train?? or just tying down?? Is there another name for plants that are snapped to horizontal before flowering but not tied down??

BoG= Bowl of Green aka Box of Green....similar to SCROG= Screen of Green, whereby a number of plants are grown under a horizontal screen close to the edges and when the plants are forced into flower, they are allowed to climb out and up vertical screens placed around the perimeter of the horizontal one.

The light/s are hung in the middle of the bowl without a shade and the plants can take advantage of 270 degree's of light.

I was plotting a crop where I make a 3 sided scrog screen box type thing size 80cm tall by 1m wide and 1m deep and grow two big plants in there with 400s at the sides and a 600 at the top. Is that already a method?? what are you scrog peoples thoughts on this as I've never tried scrogging at all.

Now I'm the one confused WC :P

BoG is an advanced method of growing SCROG.... I have never tried it yet but I have seen one and Im aware of how to set one up. One day I will do a SOG grow just to say I've done it.

I suggest that you give SCROG a try first so you get the gist of it then if you like it, go and experiment with a BOG style grow. :P

No, its ok....your last post was sent by email... Yes thats the general idea...I looked for a pic that I saw somewhere but couldnt find it.

The best part of having a BOG setup is that it can save power bills by using only one light in the centre of the grow and all the buds are exposed the same as in SCROG. But of course the larger the bowl the more light will be required. :P

Edited by Buddy

There are probably heaps of acronyms for BoG... What I do I suppose is just topping at an early age and tying down the colas as they develop.... As the undercanopy is mostly blocked from light and never develops well, (I fell it's more a drain on bud production in the end, it all goes to h-oil lol ) I remove any branches which are obviously shaded out, and move them around as they develop to ensure a good light amount gets to the buds as they develop...

I don't have a 600, only a 400, so I didn't get the light coverage at the edges that I wanted either, (my cab is 120cm long, a little wide for the lamp really) and this affected yeild on the edges somewhat. Still, you can see the main cola's which developed under the light in my last grow thread, and it's this sweet spot I'll be using in my current one... I'm not too far off turning now, so I'll let you all know how it comes along.

The way I grow, just topping early and tying down, you have to veg a little longer too, just to fill in the space... Spread out the branches as far as you can, and get them growing in a fan from the plant if you were to look from above... As they shoot up again, just move the ties along the stem until you get to the edges of where you're growing, or how far you want the plants to go horizontally. Leave em from there, and they just grow straight up... and you've got a whole pile of secondary shoots which have been developing behind the main shoot... These are all pointing up and become their own mini-colas, or even branches in their own right if they veg long enough... To maintain growth in these shoots tho, you have to keep the tip of the main branch below the lesser branches lowest point... ;) Did that make sense?

You'll veg to about 1/2 of what you have in space, then as the stretch happens and all those beautiful stems reach up to form them colas, you tie these down along the planes of the light... This shades out a lot of the undercanopy as I said before, so I remove it to concentrate on the upper canopy in energy. This allows far more light to the colas than there otherwise could ever be, so it yeilds more. B) No screen, so you're not limited to moving a branch into one spot and once it's grown that's it... you can move and adjust them as needed. That's what I like about it compared to scrog... (which is brilliant, and has it's place) you can change the system around without too much hassle... although it can be a little bit if you've got heaps of lines in there, it's still easier than the project would be should you need to move plants already halfway through a screen....

Whew, I gotta go, I'll be back in about an hour, and talk about this some more... I may even start a thread on it, eh?