SCROG QUESTIONS?

Guest BudWaver

depends on how big your scrog is...if you have ample plants ie..pots touching each other Id train them after turning them..provided they stretch a foot or so during flowering...if they dont stretch much train them beforehand...with larger scrogs where the pots are some distance apart I find it better to train them out from when they are very young and aim for very bushy plants to facilitate this...

There are multiple ways of doing it but the main thing to remember is you are maximising the number of potential budding sites by using the scrog method in order to keep your plant numbers low..otherwise your be doing sog.....

If you have 4 inch mesh for your scrog...Id be aiming for one potential budding site per 4 inch square....make sure you fill your mesh completely or youll lose yield...

check out my scrog in the sog or scrog section

My scrog is larger than normal, six x one metre square screens. I discovered that its easier to tie the stems down on top of the screen rather than letting them grow underneath then I dont get any breakage.

Here's a pic of my setup...the plants have only been under the screens for three days and I will start tying and training them soon.

Each set of two screens is under a 1000 watt HPS on a light mover.

I usually do my scrog in hydro but I thought I might give soil a try this time and if the crop is almost as good as the hydro I'll be happy because of less maintanance. :huh:

post-18-1068588361_thumb.jpg

Very professional there buddy, looks great... What kinda soil mix and nutrients are you using, just out of curiosity?

As to the scrog thing, what bw said, I think bog is a better method myself, as it gives you more freedom to move buds into position, but the amount of ties and lines can get a little confusting sometimes... :huh: I'll probably be BoG growing with these two clones I've got at the moment too, although I'd better do it quick cos it's bloody hot here at the moment. :D

Guest BudWaver

nice looking setup there man....

ya fill up all those screens before turning em or after you turn em?

do you find that tying them to the mesh kills horizontal growth? I understand it slows it considerably to tie them flat...past a 45 degree angle...

Id be heaps interested to see some flowering shots...!

Pipeman 12-11-03...great looking setup there buddy.  I'd really like to see updates as you go, and I'm sure many others would as well.

I can take a pic of their progress every week untill harvest with some comments for anyone interested.

Pipeman  12-11-03..... Have you found the growth rate to be that much different to bubblers?

Bubblers leave soil for dead, but there is much more work and equipment involved, and if there are any problems with the grow, its just a matter of dumping the nutes and replace with fresh providing other factors like lighting, temperature, humidity and airflow are in order.

Budwaver  12-11-03.... do you find that tying them to the mesh kills horizontal growth?

I havent noticed any difference but if there was, it's compensated by the increase in bud numbers and size. :P