Can you OD on weed?

Eo the Stoner!

Question

The question asked was can u od from weed not how much you have to ingest to kill you. As i see it the LD50 of thc has nothing to do with it as these measures are taken from rats who have extremely different metabolism rate to humans. i think it is entirely possible to od on weed especially in younger people ie under 25 this reason i dont kno prolly cos we just go to hard. but my money would be that it would be more strongly linked to CO2 and the state of mind your in, if your feeling sik and you think your gonna yak and trip out you generally you will.

Also on the CO2 issue think when you were young and got car sickness only ever happend to me when i was inthe bak with no fresh airflow or when your pissed and then you have a ciggi and you just go from being normal to being unable to hold your head up/ yakomatic.

sorry if i got of the trail there but yeah i think its the smoke/ co2 saturation levels in your body rather than thc.

just my 2cents worth. ;)

Exactly, so it's not the pot that's killing you. Cannabis is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man, don't ask me, ask the DEA! ;)

Yes, you can "green out" but that's a simple thing to solve, just don't use that much next time! ;) It won't kill you, it won't make you have a heart attack and die, this has not been recorded once in it's 5000 year history. ;)

My understanding of the terms - Overdose is potentially fatal dose, and well, death is a fatal dose.

Smoke contains CO (Carbon Monoxide) as opposed to CO2 (Carbon Dioxide). CO displaces Oxygen from the lungs - CO displaces Oxygen from red blood cells - far more serious.

I think you would pass out temperoryly from lack of oxygen .. then walk up when breathing returns to normal - hopefully.

There is also the potential problem of IRA (intoxication, regurgation and asphyxiation) good old fashioned way ageing rock stars go out.

Well shit, who could blame ya! ;) ;) Ouch.

Ingesting is probably the worst way to consume cannabis, as it's very hard to titrate the dosage. Once it's in ya, it's gonna be run through from start to finish and there's no getting off.... But it won't kill ya. ;)

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience mate, hash can certainly knock you about a bit if you're not used to it.... Ah well, we all live and learn don't we.... Ever tried honey oil? ;)

Guest emoxlips
well im only here because i smoked on xmas this last xams and i was happy and got really emotinal and didnt know who i was or what to do and i was crying and no one ws helping me i was asking for help they never said we smoked we they were telling me im just messed up and that i need help and i was asking for help and still no help so i went to the table and i alsmot cut my wirst and they threw water on me and called the cops not telling them we smoked weed and all of a sudden i got next to the door and didnt know how i got there and she was rocking me back and forth telling me to tell them i took extacey and as they were comeing in i was crying and telling them to help me and that we just got done smokeing weed and for atleast i dont even know how long they were chking for suicidle marks or something and i kept telling them what we just did and they said where did it happen and i pointed to teh grage and they smelt it and they ladys douaghter that gave it to me all of a sudden said that i did it and that i knew she has a card or something that says she can grow it and that all of a sudden they dont know who i was but i came with 2 of my friends one of them didnt get stoned so ya i was siting there while she was threating me and thet officer tould her to stop and at the time i was all numb and didnt know who i was felt all these werid pains and shit they put me in the officer car and on the way to my house my mouth got dry and i started slowing down and didnt kow who i was and as we got to my house i pucked blood and thot everyting everyone was saying a lie or that no one was hearing me and as the people came to take me to teh hospital i remeber in the car if they took my heart rate and it was 300 and that while i was in the hospital i was seeing shit and they took a pee test and they only found weed in my system and that nothing eles was in there and that the weed brought me up instead of down and ever since then i have anxiety attacls and i dont know who i am i dont see shit thats isnt there tho i just have mental pains and shit and i went to an mental evlouation and said i oded and WENT MENTAL TEMPORARILY POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER and its just contraling my life just want to share it with u i feel liek nothing bye