Can you OD on weed?

Eo the Stoner!

Question

I smoke completely weed joints all the time just because I'm too lazy to buy tobacco. I remember you have to smoke a shitload in like, 15 minutes for you to actually OD on weed. It's such a ridiculous amount that no one will ever do it.

A person can green out or OD if ya like on one cone or joing depending on the quality of the smoke and if the person is a heavy or light smoker, there can be many diffrent factors why one person may green out and another dosent...

just been reading my zoo mag its says it would take 800 joints to kill a person but the cause of death would be carbon monoxide poisoning weather these facts are right idont know just read it in a mag

DIdn't read every page on this thread, but:

The estimated LD-50 (lethal threshold) for marijuana,established in 1988 by the DEA’s appropriate fact-finder, is 1:20,000 or 1:40,000.

Quote:

At present it is estimated that marijuana’s LD-50 is around1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.

(cannabis-science.com/content/DEA%20Ruling%20Judge%20Young.pdf)

Wikipedia says for THC alone (obviously there's other cannabinoids involved) "THC has an LD50 (dose killing half of the research subjects) value of 1270 mg/kg (male rats) and 730 mg/kg (female rats) administered orally dissolved in sesame oil.[26] The LD50 value for rats by inhalation of THC is 42 mg/kg of body weight".

There is a list of the LD50 values for other animals including dogs, i.e. they actually dosed dogs with enough THC to kill half of them.

Now that is a fuck tonne of THC to administer to any creature.

no you can not OD on weed scientists have never discovered its LD50 rating (to my knowledge), it is however possible to smoke so much weed that you die from carbon monoxide poisioning.

:thumbsup:

I know its not called ld50 rating but for the life of me i cant think of the name i know its ld something ... anyone?

I have greened out a few times before it is not fun but i would never call it an OD

LD stands for "Lethal Dose". LD50 is the amount of a material, given all at once, which causes the death of 50% (one half) of a group of test animals. The LD50 is one way to measure the short-term poisoning potential (acute toxicity) of a material.
  • Upvote 1