AEROGARDEN GROW

Took ur advice dude :) check out my modified grow space

and i replaced the water, threw in a starter nutrient and a small nutrient. Hope this will knock those seeds out of their "stuck" germination (they haven't opened any further in days). The water's a little hotter as well, should increase the heat in the grow pods :)

post-33164-1246410822_thumb.jpg

post-33164-1246410890_thumb.jpg

awesome dude looks heaps better!

If i were u though i would get rid of one of the pods, 1tablet (nute) is just enuff for the 3 but 4 and they start to get negleted if u feed em 2 tabs they will die!

stick with 3 if they dont all come up bro trust me grow space will a major issue bagseeds will get massive yea!

ill post pic of my 2 lowryders and the 3rd seedling but u will see what i mean their width is insane!

http://www.rollitup.org/aerogardeners/1687...-faq-v-2-a.html

Boy I wish I found that earlier.

Looking through that forum, if I use 24/0 lighting the root development slows down, so less clutter? If I flower them at about 6/7'' then I could lose the males quick before root space becomes a problem. Reckon that could work or would the roots be too big even if the plants were 6/7 inches tall?

Thank god u mentioned the nute tabs, I was thinking 2 for 2 weeks like in the book but... could drive the concentration too high and kill the seeds. Anyway, the guide says not to use any nutes for the first 2 weeks, so I'll try that to give those seeds some time to pop. That little sprout though, will it be alright without me adding nute tabs for a while? It's looking quite healthy, don't wanna do anything to mess up my one good plant :)

EDIT: Looking at the pic and comparing it the younger one... I think I'm starting to see some nute burn on the base leaves, am I right?

post-33164-1246426551_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wakenbake

cotyledons i think :) and thanks dude, I just dumped out all the water for the sake of the seeds, when the nute burn disappears from those leaves I'll add half the nutrient dosage from before. That should smooth things out. Atm the pH should be that of warm tap water.

But I was just inspecting my seeds to see if any of them opened any wider, and I noticed some grey crap around the outside of a seed's opening - is that normal? was hard to take a pic but here goes:

post-33164-1246427932_thumb.jpg

The aerogarden is looking rather appealing to me for a few reasons.

Mainly my girlfriend is incredibly paranoid about me growing (even indoors). I'm not sure why since she smokes more than me and is constantly on my case to find something to smoke, but anyway..

I know that the yield wouldn't be as great growing in a stock aerogarden so I'm looking around to see if it's possible/worth buying a proper HPS and not bothering with the aerogarden lights. In theory it'd work right, since the AG would be providing the nutes and whatnot..

Either way I have a few weeks to decide while I wait for my tax return. :)