Help With Growing Tomatoes ?

:applause:

Thx Guyz ,

Yeh , The fucken chookens .. ffs , i just discovered they ate my best (12yr) seedling ... :whistle:

Oh well .. I must mention also , that the others of the (12yr) ones look a little weak at best ... but I am still impressed they even cracked ...

:freak:

And ... heheheh , I really thought most would get the title of this thread ... Like nah .. seriously , its just Tomatoes :scratchin: hahah ... I musta been stoned ..

I suppose My Trellis initiative has stalled for the time being ... the cows seem to really like trashing whatever garden I prepare ...

But My 'Frontline' of tomato seedlings are still mostly intact and with good morale ... sadly one was lost yesterday , due to a strategic Cowshit Bombing ...

:freak:

ANywayz ... thx again for the replies ... and heres a Pic of the 'not so sick anymore' plant to go out on ...

I tipped this one (with scissors) about a week ago ...

post-8241-1160683975_thumb.jpg

The Pic was taken yesterday ..

:peace:

O.k.

Have a Good Friday everyone :peace:

Budman lol

:thumbsup:

High Again , just a quick update ...

Consisting of these pictures and then some sort of rambling to finish ... :thumbsup:

post-8241-1161098232_thumb.jpg post-8241-1161098672_thumb.jpg

These 3 aye ... well .. who knows ...

I really hope at least one of them is a Fem , and that it survives the journey to maturity , because I really enjoy the smoko from this strain ...

And when one or 2 go into the garden in the next couple of days , they are gonna take off I'm sure ...

I Will Bend them over very soon after I put them in the ground , as there is little cover for them yet ..

In fact almost none :toke: But I'm hoping the green trellis wire will disguise them reasonably :thumbsup:

Hurry up tomatoes ...

:peace:

Budman :toke:

A few more pics while I'm spacin out ...

post-8241-1161100744_thumb.jpg ... This is one I had spare was whacked under a small tree a bit outta the way.

I will also whack a couple more a bit 'outta the way' ... because I can't plant anymore than 5 in the garden ...

post-8241-1161101224_thumb.jpg ... 3 different strains make up this lot .. note the 2 on the left are the 12yr old seeds , they are fully mong :thumbsup:

I will put the best of these into the garden aswell ...

Which if It's not raining will be getting a bit of a makeover .. border security mainly ... :peace:

(Oh yeah which reminds me ... Mullaway .. yeh , there is this one young bull that does not give a crap about the electric fence) .. It just walks straight thru it .. :toke: ..

Bastard thing is such a smartass ... It even chases the dog , instead of the other way around , heheh ...

Nevermind , hopefully my garden will be impenetrable once fortified ... :thumbsup: ... hopefully ...

And on that note ... I'm gonna have another beer and toke ... :thumbsup:

Bye 4 Now :thumbsup:

It just occured to me ... Another triple post , but then it also occured to me ... Why not try and beat that personal record ...

So I'm goin for 4 :thumbsup:

This is a tomato thread , and since a few of my little Tom seedlingz are starting to take , I took a pic .. um today I think It was :thumbsup:

post-8241-1161102612_thumb.jpg ... They are rougly 30 cm apart in a row about 7 foot long , a few have been danced on by cows ...

oh .. post-8241-1161102886_thumb.jpg ... :thumbsup: that was my patch a couple of weeks ago before I tilled it (was not easy) ...

Well , i have put in a little money this season , but I'm glad to have a few things that will last me for wherever I may grow :toke:

Just a few Pots , Pot Mix , Roll of trellis wire (handy stuff) ... I will no doubt spend a little more on a few things ... like mulch for a start and then ofc some more vege seedlingz ...

If there are any recommendations on commercial (organic Mulch) I'd be keen to any ideas for I've never purchased any in my life .. (Got no grass clippings doh!) ..

I'm really keen to have this garden crankin by Summer with Mullies and a few different veges aswell ...

And I will be extending the garden a little more when I get the time ...

:toke:

Thx for lettin me ramble on and share my efforts , heheh , no matter how lazy they may be lol

Cheerz :peace:

Budman :toke:

lol

Heheh , Cheerz Ev ...

Yeh mate , I always seem to buy tomatoes , would be great to have them fresh all the time , and alot cheaper too B)

These cows really are really pissin me off now , they are really not very phazed by the electric fence (no pun intended) ... I just need some decent wire to fortify properly ...

A few more casualties , But should be alright soon ...

But the Mullies are still in their pots for now ...

post-8241-1161421659_thumb.jpg .. SOrry , crap Picture ... But basically they need to go in the ground soon If they are to really thrive ... lol

post-8241-1161421822_thumb.jpg .. and thats the larger one , they have been starting to sex 'emselves ... looks female .. what do ya reckon? ...

ANd do you think these plants could start to flower before the end of the year? , I hope they do ...

O.k. .. B)

lol

And the next ones to sort out ...

post-8241-1161424159_thumb.jpg

The 4 on the right are the same strain , dunno what tho .. outta a mates budz , Big fat seeds ... decent Budz ...

The one at the back is a Mystery seed? , has got an extra day on the others ... one seed in a baggie = a good one. B)

The 2 on the left are the 12yr old seeds , they were fully mong to start , but maybe has to do with the potting mix aswell ... too much Nute to start maybe ...

The back left one , you may notice , forgot to grow one of the first 3 pointed leaves ... B) ... I'll give it a chance , as those seeds have sentimental value to me ...

I'll have 5 plants all up in the garden , Hopefully disguised sufficiently ...

And I'll put a couple 'Outta the way' (off the property) , and one or two to will go to a friend ... lol

Better safe than sorry.

Happy growin to ya all lol

Budman lol

Cruisin along well Budman B)

Sexy lookin lady you got going there too.

Now wassup with the leccy fence mate? Not enough spark in it? Do you know what feeds the energizer, battery/solar or 240v? Are there shorts in it you can hear or see? Trees hanging over it, broken wires together etc.

If there's enough charge, the bugas will only touch it once lol

Mulch.. more q's 4 ya?? lol

Is there a hay shed near with spoilt hay on the ground inside? Or grab a couple of fresh bales as well?

Crop hay is good for less seed, but lay it on heavy enough and it wont matter if its just hay hay.

... Sort the moo'ers out first tho of course.

If the shire mows the side of the road, theres more down hay for ya to mulch with.

Good luck with it.

Best for the season lol

lol

Thx Mullaway ,

Yep , I'm growin up a few or 2 to try and get the best few I can lol

lol

As for the lectric fence , well , It's not really mine to take care of , But It's workin mate believe me heheheh .. zzzzz! B)

It was tested and was found to be normal , then confirmed by certain humans touching it carelessly lol ...

!!! I'm serious , the cows don't give a shit about it , they are prepared to get a little(big) zap to get to the other grass ... !!!

Nevermind , theres only so much I can do about them atm ... Hopefully It will be cool , as they don't usually eat larger MJ plants ... and once the wire is around the garden , It should be o.k. ...

and yeah , I usually use grass clippings etc ... But just won't have any fo r a while ...

Does anyone use that Tea tree Mulch? .. or cane mUlch , or any of the commercial organic(ish) Mulches? , I never have , But was wondering ...

I only ever use a thinish layer of Mulch anyway , Cowpoo and Grassclippings usually seem to do the trick , But Id never go much more than about 2inches of Mulch , can cause problems if the soil is not allowed to breath , hmmm , locks up Nitrogen I think .. from memory ...

ANywayz , yet again I notice I'm rambling on ... But I am very delighted to be growing again , and I hope we all have successful grows ... especially me. B) :P

Bye for now B)