Help With Growing Tomatoes ?

You know it's getting serious once you resort to steel starshaped sticks B)

Where do you go from here?

...chain? wire rope? :bleh:

Get some more cowshit/something into em, I reckon they look like they could be a bit darker, but they're healthy nonetheless lol

How strange is it to have outdoor buds ready at xmas B) , no complaining tho aye:yahoo:

Keep up the good work mate

lol

:D

Hey thx heaps guys :)

If it weren't for all your kind and encouraging words these threads wouldn't result to anything more than a collection of trivial tripe .. So thanks :)

So I gotta keep this kinda short , I am havin real troubles with the wireless connection of late ..

So heres a short series of updates ...

post-8241-1164855203_thumb.jpg - Yep , Lookin a little sparse .. (about a week ago)

post-8241-1164855281_thumb.jpg - But I gave it a little seaweed emulsion hit , Looks like it was appreciated ..

post-8241-1164855351_thumb.jpg - A better shot from the other side .. (couple of days ago)

I'm not gonna be able to fit the whole plant in the photo soon :doh: It's growing pretty quickly ..

I was thinking of tipping it to slow it down a bit and bush it up .. but I'm not sure I want to or how the plant will handle it ..

With 5-6 months or so growing time left I may just have to trim it Because I think I'm gonna run out of room ;)

heheheh , oh well .. I'll see how It goes .. I've got to put some full length star pickets along each side now to tie all the laterals down ...

O.k. I might post this while the connection is still good You know It took me about 1 1/2 hrs to try and do this post last night ..

Ended up with a double post and a half incomplete Pic thru some sort of error and was autosaved or somethin ..

But It's all fixed now (I hope) so no worries ...

Cheerz all :)

Budman ;)

(Edit) - done. :yahoo:

post-8241-1164854864_thumb.jpg

:D

Man .. that was hectic tryin to fix those bodgy posts .. It would have been way quicker to leave them and start again :)

But anyway ..

Hello again ,

Everythings going reasonably well gardening wise ..

Got my tie-down job underway (as you can see) ,

About 10 healthy cherry tomato plants 1-2 foot tall flowering with a few early starters and put in 3 zucchini plants the other day ...

I hope I've given everything enough room to move ... It's a pretty compact little garden but hopefully I can train everything in the right direction ;)

We had a wicked storm here last night , only brief but got some reasonable rain and a tiny bit of hail .. lucky it didn't hail properly or it woulda trashed my plants lol

So I'm gonna have a fair bit of twine tying to do me thinks .. I'd say I probly will Put that trellis wire over the top , that should make It a little easier to keep under control :)

Well , heres a few more shots of the small Satty ...

post-8241-1164857120_thumb.jpg - Heheh must be gettin better at takin these Pics because that looks a bit fatter than it actually is :)

post-8241-1164857319_thumb.jpg - Flash shot gives a better idea .. It's still fairly immature ..

post-8241-1164857552_thumb.jpg - And a bit closer in .. :P

It's big sister is in the bush I haven't checked It for a while heheh , I'm not too worried about it , It's gonna be pretty spindly shit ..

Hopefully they still turn out nice and stickysweet like the budz I got the seeds from ..

Other than that , I'm pretty much up to date ... No Pics the last 2 days , there hasn't been much change .. everythings just cruisin along :doh:

So goodbye 4 now :yahoo:

Budman ... Disconnected ;)

lol

O.k. Time for another update because I've been a bit slack in the posting department of late ..

Catchup time ..

Thx Bongon , much appreciated and lol ...

Nice lookin little tomz too mate .. I'm wonderin when mine are gonna decide to ripen .. lol .. they're gettin pretty big for cherry tomatoes but they are still green ..

And Thx Ev for stoppin in , I've been a bit busier than I'm used to , so these couple of plants here and there are just tiding me over till after the silly season .. then I can put in a couple more when things quiten down again lol

Cheerz Mullaway , It's definatly gonna be a cruise to New Years .. not long now , and man are the days flying by .. I reckon I'll be havin a good one this year :sly: Hope you guyz do too ..

And Hey 67s ,

You know it's getting serious once you resort to steel starshaped sticks freak.gif

Where do you go from here?

...chain? wire rope? reallyexcited.gif

lol Yep , Got 2 Full length Start Pickets along each side now .. The plant is nearly as long as them ... and a smaller length Is Holding down the Top Cola ..

heheh , dunno about chain or wire rope .. but I'll do what It takes .. The twine was as good as Free , and It's nice and soft and natural lol Like star pickets ..

So I think I'll stick with that for now , I am gonna cover it with the trellis one day soon , after all .. It is PorkChopper season , and that will help keep it down and discreet lol

Well , Thx again for your replies fellow Stoners .. And Enjoy the the silly season lol

Budman lol

post-8241-1165745870_thumb.jpg - A close Up of me Tomz 4 now .. Smoko break ...

lol

O.k. .. that was a pleasant smoko .. On with the Pics ..

post-8241-1165746861_thumb.jpg - A Few days ago ..

post-8241-1165747009_thumb.jpg - Same day , side veiw ..

post-8241-1165747149_thumb.jpg - Yesterday before re-tie ..

post-8241-1165747338_thumb.jpg - looking from the top to the base ..

post-8241-1165747475_thumb.jpg - The base .. roughly the diameter of a 50c coin ..

post-8241-1165747610_thumb.jpg - And , After re-tie ..

post-8241-1165747753_thumb.jpg - And today. lol

So .. It's goin pretty well .. It needs another nutrient hit .. and will get one in due time .. Other than that I'm just countin down the days I spose lol

Cheerz All lol

Budman :sly: