Help With Growing Tomatoes ?

:doh:

Hey Jag , Cheerz man ,

:toke:

Beautiful Gardens mate. Really neat.

:)

This is just a quick reply cuz I'm rooly stoned and tired.

I'll do anothor tomorrow.

:)

Things are slowly coming together for me , But the new garden here still needs alot of work. ahem , cuz I haven't started yet. :)

ANyway , Will update tomorrow night.

Bye 4 Now.

Budman. :)

;)

Dont fertilize for about 6 weeks or u will get leaves instead of fruit after about 6 wks give then sulphate of potash and they will fl,ower like rippers ,Another trick is to leave them in pots till they are really root bound then plant em out and hit em with potash .

Try the Apollos for a good sweet producer.

;)

Hey All .. Smashed again ...

Just thought I'd say things are coming along nicely ... should be up and gardening anytime soon ...

(Well , I guess I've sorta started already ... )

I am now doin the process I was recommended , to germinate a nice brand of Cherry tomatoes from the fresh fruit ...

I just squeezed the seeds out into a clean glass , filled with a bit of water , gave a swirl or two and left em on the window sill ..

After a day or two I will dry them and try and germinate them ...

Not sure whether just to plant em or germinate em like MJ seeds tho ... (any advice is ofc welcome) ...

;)

And Me little Mullies are goin o.k under the 250W MH , need transplantin tomorrow which I will do ...

But they are not the main focus of my growin season really .. they may even go to someone else ...

;)

Heres a rough pic (one of my first Pics full stop so be kind) :peace:

post-8241-1157997670_thumb.jpg

Um .. Yeh .. the front right was a little mong to start .. looks to be comin good now ...

And the front left , altho the biggest , had flopped the other day .. Its standin up now on Its own tho ..

Well , I've only got them on about 14hrs light also .. could be more , but I gotta keep the bills down.

lol

So ...

Other than that ... My "patch" is almost ready to plant up , next week plants of some description will be going in the ground.

Just a bit more workin the soil ... and hopefully get some mulch at the end of the week ...

Nothing as classy as Jags Garden Bed .. But hey .. It should do the job aye.

Ahem ... (EDIT) - oops .. I meant to preveiw to see if the pic woked ...

Anyway .. Cheerz all ,

Happy Growing ...

;)

Budman ... Out. (It's time to chop up the last of my last grow) lol

lol

Edited by Budman2012

B)

Cheerz Billo , thx for the pics ...

And I have no idea how many seeds you may get , looks like a few tho :peace:

Sigh ... I'm devestated all my posts are gone from the last 2 days ... I really did quite a few good ones , including an update in this thread ...

Makes me want to give up and not bother putting so much effort in ...

But I do know It was for the good of the whole site , can't let it get me too down ...

So heres a very short version of what I had replied here ....

Garden is ready at a basic level ... I get Cundall variety cherry tomato seedlings next week , They'll go in ...

Still got no mulch or soil conditioners or anything ... I think I'll just do it as I go ...

Um , Blah Blah Blah ... It'll still be a while before The garden takes off tho ...

So While waiting , I got a few little mullies in the cupboard just for fun and learning ...

Here's the pics I posted the other day ...

Sunbaking Before Transplant ...

post-8241-1159078154_thumb.jpg

:peace:

and right before T/p ...

post-8241-1159078667_thumb.jpg

Transplant was a little bit of a hassle as the plants roots were a little entwined , broke a couple of small roots B)

And right after T/p ..

post-8241-1159078769_thumb.jpg

And there ya go , they handled It o.k. I hope ... This was a few days ago now .. So Another update soon ...

Thx for your time ... lol

Budman B)

Edited by Budman2012