Seesman giveaway

Something I learnt the hard way on my first grow.

Buy the right nutrients for your system and if you're going to buy a light then just spend a little more initially. Because you are going to end up buying something better really soon and those older lights will be wasted money. ALSO don't get those cheap led lights off ebay, go for a brand.

I tried using powerfeed in my dwc system and all I ended up with that was too strong a nutrient and a foamy mess(completely burnt off the roots). Also use less than the bottle recommends and have an EC meter.

Thanks Gillipid, great advice.

A couple of Auto grows will make you acutely aware of the importance of EC.

I usually end up at around 1/2 to 3/4the amount of the recommended nutrients.

What range of EC would you recommend for vegging ?

Well I've given this a bit of thought

My first piece of advice i would give to someone who wishes to grow their own would be don't if you suffer from any forms of paranoia or similar illness, the stress that you will put yourself might not be worth in the end

The second would be learn as much as you can about plants in general, not just weed , learn to think laterally and be able to solve problems

Learn about common pests , spider mites etc and what are the early signs

Basically learn how to keep your garden healthy, then the rewards will come

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Well I've given this a bit of thought

My first piece of advice i would give to someone who wishes to grow their own would be don't if you suffer from any forms of paranoia or similar illness, the stress that you will put yourself might not be worth in the end

The second would be learn as much as you can about plants in general, not just weed , learn to think laterally and be able to solve problems

Learn about common pests , spider mites etc and what are the early signs

Basically learn how to keep your garden healthy, then the rewards will come

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Great advice, Start with the basics and keep it simple.

I once pulled the fuel lines and carby off my car before realising the problem was that I was out of petrol.

I have stuffed up plants similarly by overlooking the basics.

Ta

Mick

Thanks Gillipid, great advice.

A couple of Auto grows will make you acutely aware of the importance of EC.

I usually end up at around 1/2 to 3/4the amount of the recommended nutrients.

What range of EC would you recommend for vegging ?

Abosultely!

Im just using bag seeds but 3 grows in and they are getting better each time.

EC is 1.2 -1.4 on my EC wandamathingie.

DWC since day 1. Love the convenience of not having to water if I go away

This probably wont make top 10 best ideas in the world, but it's a bit of no brainer ...[which works 4 me due 2 lack of brain cells]

Everyone pulls leaves off their plants, yeah, old ones, crispy ones, spotty ones, hell i even pull the healthy ones if i'm not thinking straight

And what do we do with em ?, chuck em on ground, mix em in2 compost, even use em 4 mulch on pots

Before u all start wondering why u've wasted last half hr reading this mess, i'll get 2 point....BUGS

If we took the time 2 give all those eggs and baby bugs a good squish before throwing it where ever we throw it, then chances are they won't keep munching on our girls from the afterlife or busting out like ninjas from compost heap

I've noticed a decline in bug city after just one or 2 defols and Neem oil container is getting cobwebs. Give it a go

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.