The quantum board turns off, when I turn up the power. Is that normal?

The main reason I didn't go with HPS is because of the heat it makes. For me trying to set up a hood and constant ventilation just looked like a giant pain in the ass. Plus if you ever want to boost your CO2 you are fucked. At least with my led the fans only run for about 10 minutes each hour. Then if I want to supplement CO2 I can do it without it getting sucked straight out the vents.

1000w HPS = $280 with a globe

ya can't go wrong, you can even grow big solid cola's with it, unlike the fluffy shit LED's produce

The above is a non for profit community association announcement from the union of the "Mullers and Packers" association inc. PTY . LTD

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Same heat per watt but the quantum boards are super efficient at 2.7 umol. So you get more ppfd per watt which mean less heat for the same amount of usable light.

Yeah I realise that if my fans aren't sucking in enough fresh air and CO2 I'll have reduced yield. So was going to get some soda stream bottles at $8 each refill and set them up with a regulator and a solenoid. It would take some rigging but the idea would be to have a solenoid kick in and out opposite the fans and to monitor the ppm of CO2 and dial in the correct mix with the regulator and solenoid timer.

That's what the final build would look like anyway.

For now the cheaper plan is to build a couple of yeast/sugar CO2 generators and pipe it up to the back of the clip fans. It can't be regulated but should work if I have a few of them.

The same heat gets produced per watt no matter what light you use

What sort of Co2 you going to run, you might want to rethink you fan running time if your not running it, and maybe if you are as well, depends on the source of Co2

its ARSE by the way, we are Aussies, not septic tanks lol

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Most strains right now have been breed and cultivated under HPS, lots of red and nothing else

Just like some strains do better outdoors than indoors, our strains right now are breed for HID like it or not

As LED tech gets used more and more I think we will see strains that are better under LEDs

In the mean time, run a 1000w HID in the middle of a 8x2 and put LEDs on the side

bcf011d75f2f39acf22ebe0bfb9b21f7.jpg

• Upvote 2

Most strains right now have been breed and cultivated under HPS, lots of red and nothing else

Just like some strains do better outdoors than indoors, our strains right now are breed for HID like it or not

As LED tech gets used more and more I think we will see strains that are better under LEDs

In the mean time, run a 1000w HID in the middle of a 8x2 and put LEDs on the side

bcf011d75f2f39acf22ebe0bfb9b21f7.jpg

lol have another drink young fella, i might join in one  ya hey

Edited by pedro de pacas