The quantum board turns off, when I turn up the power. Is that normal?

for the few hundred extra a HLG might cost you will definitely get a higher yield.

like 2 c some proof of that, or u just b talkin shit nd lookin like a HLG shill. u say a few hundred extra but still double the price of a China light. get 1 from a reputable vendor like meijiu or kingbrite nd u wont have shitty issues like OP has had. mine work faultlessly nd the knob is very nice, even pedro would like it. Edited by thecannakid

Reputable Alibaba sellers [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

like 2 c some proof of that, or u just b talkin shit nd lookin like a HLG shill. u say a few hundred extra but still double the price of a China light. get 1 from a reputable vendor like meijiu or kingbrite nd u wont have shitty issues like OP has had. mine work faultlessly nd the knob is very nice, even pedro would like it.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Show me where I can get a 260 watt spider farmer for 250 bucks!!

Spider farmer sells their 202 watt QB for 489 delivered

459 dollars for the 202 watt SF means you pay $2.27 per watt.

Soren sell the 260 watt HLG for 240 but if you email Soren and offer him 500 for the 260 watt HLG he will more than likely accept it as he did with me.

So 500 for 260 watt is $1.92 per watt

HLG is cheaper than SF

[emoji38][emoji38]Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Buzzer. You only compared the price of a SF2000 VS HLG 260. Compare the price of Sf4000 =$846 vs HLG 550 at $1427. The SF is nearly half the price of a HLG, at the higher output. Looks as though HLG have reduced their price of their 260 model to compete with SF2000. That's a good thing, but they need more competitive pricing on their 550w and their 135w, both of which ARE more expensive than SF. Prices are today from eBay Aus ( to compare apples to apples). So 2 out of 3 comparable models of SF are still cheaper than HLG( particularly in the top tier 550 model).

You are correct on that one. The sf4000 works out to $1.92 per watt which is equal to the HLG 260.

The HLG 550 draws 460 watt max and is more expensive.

I don't know if prices have been lowered to compete. Maybe they have. But I do know that you if you look at build quality and customer service HLG will dominate.

From looking at the photos if looks like the heat sink on the SF is just a flat sheet. The HLG has blades which allows for a hell of a lot more air contact. I'll go out on a limb and say that better heat sink capabilities means less deterioration of the diodes and extended lifetime.

My HLG 260 barely heats up at all. In fact I'm pretty sure that I'm going to need to add a heater to my tent during winter to dial in my 27 celcius

Buzzer. You only compared the price of a SF2000 VS HLG 260. Compare the price of Sf4000 =$846 vs HLG 550 at $1427. The SF is nearly half the price of a HLG, at the higher output. Looks as though HLG have reduced their price of their 260 model to compete with SF2000. That's a good thing, but they need more competitive pricing on their 550w and their 135w, both of which ARE more expensive than SF. Prices are today from eBay Aus ( to compare apples to apples). So 2 out of 3 comparable models of SF are still cheaper than HLG( particularly in the top tier 550 model).

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app Edited by buzzer