The quantum board turns off, when I turn up the power. Is that normal?

Connect a few wires you say, most people I know can’t read a multimeter. Not that there is anything wrong with that in my experience everybody is an expert in something.

thanks mate. I do i have background in this stuff, so yeah maybe saying easy is a little silly. as pedro says, setting up a HPS is much easier.

My lights were easy as shit to build and have been faultless. Each one took 20 mins to assemble.

Mine were ready to roll out of the box, everything connected with wagos connectors. I replaced all of them with XT90's, but not required. Wagos are very safe.

Straightforward, easy to understand information from you drunk. Thanks for your response, it's helpful to a few of us.

All good mate, ask if you need anything Edited by thedrunk

Its not super hard, just connecting wires really

Some good designs here - https://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/

Bittor420, He's got a good guide showing how to check your voltage and current - https://ledgardener.com/use-multimeter-check-led-circuit/

Hi, 

I got a voltmeter and measured the driver's output volts.

My QB panel is now running at 41.5V 

The driver is a bit hot and so are the heat sinks (2 plates of 120w each). But the heat is not very intense, I can keep my hand.

I turn up the voltage with the driver dimmer, now there are 43 volts. The driver gets very hot and the heat sinks too. I can't put my hand on it, it burns.

I turn up the voltage with the driver's dimmer, now the LED panels go off. The driver makes a little electrical noise, there's no light on the leds. I turn the voltage down and the LEDs come on again, everything works fine.

So the maximum I can use, is 43 volts. 

Is this good or bad?

Hi, 

I got a voltmeter and measured the driver's output volts.

My QB panel is now running at 41.5V 

The driver is a bit hot and so are the heat sinks (2 plates of 120w each). But the heat is not very intense, I can keep my hand.

I turn up the voltage with the driver dimmer, now there are 43 volts. The driver gets very hot and the heat sinks too. I can't put my hand on it, it burns.

I turn up the voltage with the driver's dimmer, now the LED panels go off. The driver makes a little electrical noise, there's no light on the leds. I turn the voltage down and the LEDs come on again, everything works fine.

So the maximum I can use, is 43 volts. 

Is this good or bad?

Do you have specs from the manufacturer?

Normally for QB boards 42 is the min'ish, 54 is the max'ish, but it differs based on how many chips they run and how many in series/parallel

The listing you posted has no details. Ask them on alibaba for details, they will answer. Most alibaba sellers are better than local retails when comes to answering questions

It doesnt sound like it is very hot. If you cannot keep your hand on it for 10seconds, that i hot. I would measure it, but i dont think that is the problem.

You need to know the voltage and current being sent to the boards

Edited by thedrunk

I received my power meter plug.

I have checked the consumption of my quenatum board led.

Adjusting the dimmer. just before the leds turn off, the consumption is 260w. / 43v.

Adjusting the dimmer to a consumption of 240w/42v. the leds are seen with a very powerful and bright light. The heat sink of the plates gets very hot (60ºC/140ºf), but the manufacturer tells me that is normal. The driver also gets very hot.

I have adjusted the dimmer to 180w/40.5v consumption, the light is good and now I am in the growing stage. The temperature is high but acceptable, I can put my hand without burning.

So in short, everything works ok. The driver offers more power than the LED boards can hold, so they turn off when I set the dimmer to maximum. But everything is ok, it works according to the indicated consumption and voltage.

Thanks for your help

Same as spider farmer quantum boards have Samsung printed on them but they ain't Samsung. People have asked and Samsung have said they do not have any supply contacts setup with any Chinese manufactures for their led diodes

In China there are no copyright laws. They rip off a good idea and build it with cheap ass parts and then stamp fucking Mean Well or Samsung on it.

You can still grow with these boards but for the few hundred extra a HLG might cost you will definitely get a higher yield.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by buzzer

Same as spider farmer quantum boards have Samsung printed on them but they ain't Samsung. People have asked and Samsung have said they do not have any supply contacts setup with any Chinese manufactures for their diode boards.

In China there are no copyright laws. They rip off a good idea and build it with cheap ass parts and then stamp fucking Mean Well or Samsung on it.

You can still grow with these boards but for the few hundred extra a HLG might cost you will definitely get a higher yield.

You got a pic of a spiderfarmer board with Samsung printed on it ?

the board is just sheet metal easily made .

You got a link about the diodes not being genuine in spiderfarmer ?

Nope can't find it now. I came across it either in a video review of spider farmer or a Reddit thread.

I did a lot of research before purchasing my light. Decided to go with HLG. If you compare by wattage the price is the same for both. Spider farmer overstates their lights and heavily markets. HLG tend to understate but have an excellent customer review rating. Also the quantum board design was created by HLG. They did the groundwork to perfect it. Now the Chinese are copying it but they won't hit the same quality as HLG

You got a pic of a spiderfarmer board with Samsung printed on it ?

the board is just sheet metal easily made .

You got a link about the diodes not being genuine in spiderfarmer ?

Show me where I can get a 260 watt spider farmer for 250 bucks!!

Spider farmer sells their 202 watt QB for 489 delivered

459 dollars for the 202 watt SF means you pay $2.27 per watt.

Soren sell the 260 watt HLG for 240 but if you email Soren and offer him 500 for the 260 watt HLG he will more than likely accept it as he did with me.

So 500 for 260 watt is $1.92 per watt

HLG is cheaper than SF

[emoji38][emoji38]

If you compare by wattage, the price is NOT the same for both. Spider Farmer is roughly half the price of HLG.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app Edited by buzzer