Can someone help out?

Nah I was talking drivers. All good anyway on total heat,that is just one of the age old generalised LED v's HID arguments though Porky and it simply isn't true in all setups. Reality is there is no best light for every setup. All grow spaces have differences and in some yes LED might be a better choice but for others HID might be. Given the OP's tent size and setup I cant see how heat is an issue though with HID and how LED would be of any advantage in the same setup. If anything logic says changing to led would increase heat issues if you already have issues using cool tubes. A good HID setup with cool tubes will always run cooler than any LED lighting.

Heres a question. Have you ever seen first hand a HLG light while it is on and have you touched it???

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I haven't Porky but I cant see they can be any cooler than a properly set up hid in a cool tube? Sounds like both run cool? Like I said I cant see how changing to LED will be of any benefit if the OP already has a heat issue using HID and a cool tube unless the cool tube isn't set up to do its job right. Personally I'd be looking at why the cool tube isnt working as it should before I went forking out big bucks on changing to LED in the hope it will fix the problem. I think if heat is an issue now with HID and a cool tube it still will be changed to LED in this setup. Need more details from the OP on the setup to work out why the cool tube doesn't appear to be working right though.

I haven't Porky but I cant see they can be any cooler than a properly set up hid in a cool tube? Sounds like both run cool? Like I said I cant see how changing to LED will be of any benefit if the OP already has a heat issue using HID and a cool tube unless the cool tube isn't set up to do its job right. Personally I'd be looking at why the cool tube isnt working as it should before I went forking out big bucks on changing to LED in the hope it will fix the problem. I think if heat is an issue now with HID and a cool tube it still will be changed to LED in this setup. Need more details from the OP on the setup to work out why the cool tube doesn't appear to be working right though.

So how the fuck would you know how much heat a HLG puts out then. Oh that’s right you don’t. Well I own 3 HLGs and me mate owns 2 550s and I also have 2 mates that use 600hps one of which uses a cool tube in summer the other doesn’t even grow in summer because of the heat from his light. I can tell you from personal 1st hand experience that which we both know is the only type worth listening to that my lights and tent are far cooler than any HPS.

That’s right first hand experience. Not bullshit like your spewing.

HPS is fuckin hot. A lot hotter than LED

• Upvote 1

So how the fuck would you know how much heat a HLG puts out then. Oh that’s right you don’t. Well I own 3 HLGs and me mate owns 2 550s and I also have 2 mates that use 600hps one of which uses a cool tube in summer the other doesn’t even grow in summer because of the heat from his light. I can tell you from personal 1st hand experience that which we both know is the only type worth listening to that my lights and tent are far cooler than any HPS.

That’s right first hand experience. Not bullshit like your spewing.

HPS is fuckin hot. A lot hotter than LED

Yea yea settle down Porky I get you love LED's. lol I cant see how having not touched any of the lights you mention is relevant? Your telling us they are not hot and I believe you..why do I have to touch them to know they are cool if i believe what your saying is true. I get it...they are cool to touch. Have you ever touched a properly set up cool tube with a 1000w HID? I can tell you from experience they are not hot either. So as I said before where is the advantage for the OP to swap from the current setup assuming the cool tube is setup to work as it should and spend a lot of money on new lighting when it probably wont make any difference to the heat issue? If there is a heat issue now there will still be the same heat issue with LED.

• Upvote 1

Is your mate running those 550’s at full power? My mates running a similar light and no way you can touch the alloy on top for more than a couple seconds but that’s a cutter diy job might be getting driven too hard?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Yeah mate they full blast. Yeah they give off heat but no where near as much as a 600w HPS. I would say half the heat.