I bought a cheap one off ebay years ago, never got around to using it though. But i did use the old OSA Calculator that's here somewhere, and it suggested a 600w HPS is good for a 1.2m x 1.2m spread before it drops away dramatically, which is why i made the screen to 1.1m x 1.1m. Seems to worked well many a times while achieving the results i mentioned above.

But yes, I'm in you camp, bill. It would be good to know for sure.

Here you go 1.6 x 1.6 ,,

600 w HPS , ,,vertical globe.

Plants against wall do well ,,corner plants do well if not too crowded in.

You won't get the same coverage from a horizontal globe ,,,more a rectangle.

When the outer circle of plants are raised so that the canopy is more of a dish shape those outer plants yield better than the others coz they get far more light. Dish shape increases canopy size as well.

Over 1g per W ,

Never got around to getting a light meter but I think observation can tell good from crap.at that distance.

Left

post-57984-0-79246500-1560132982_thumb.jpg

Right

post-57984-0-84245000-1560133072_thumb.jpg

Centre

post-57984-0-13516900-1560133208_thumb.jpg

Looking in.

post-57984-0-47136600-1560133312_thumb.jpg

They were taken late may couple years ago.

Edited by Serrated edge

Put the nails away ladies hahaha. I’ve already got a couple digital 600’s, only reason i’s checking to see if worth updating them yet.

Was talking to my local hydro guy, (I’m sure it’s not him just wants to make a sale lol) was talking up these spectrum king light recons 2g per watt but $2400. I was lucky to hit .6g per watt at best. In saying that I can’t even grow bloody tomatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by Postman pat

Here you go 1.6 x 1.6 ,,

600 w HPS , ,,vertical globe.

Plants against wall do well ,,corner plants do well if not too crowded in.

You won't get the same coverage from a horizontal globe ,,,more a rectangle.

When the outer circle of plants are raised so that the canopy is more of a dish shape those outer plants yield better than the others coz they get far more light. Dish shape increases canopy size as well.

Over 1g per W ,

Never got around to getting a light meter but I think observation can tell good from crap.at that distance.

Left

IMG_1745.JPG

Right

IMG_1746.JPG

Centre

IMG_1747.JPG

Looking in.

IMG_1749.JPG

They were taken late may couple years ago.

Hey mate, I take ya word for it.

Just curious to see comparison numbers. The new tech (CMH, LED) all give such good spec info (got something to prove I guess). Be good if the same existed for HPS..