i never measure PH of my soil mix either

do you know whats in the soil gold mix stuff ?

mushroom compost should be ok to use

so will the horse manure & there local which is good too

if you want to get somewhere near the rapid growth of chem nutes used with coco

your going to need a pretty active soil mix

i'll say as a guess the gold mix stuff is based on what nutrients they added to the mix

& not how active / alive the soil is

get yourself a cover crop / green manure seed mix & plant them a month or 2 B4 you

plug in the important plant , the roots of the seed mix will attract a larger divers set

of organisms than the horse & mushroom compost will provide , the mushroom & horse

will both add to the mix as well but not to the extent of a seed mix

at some point i'd suggest making your own soil mix from scratch & not rely on the

gold mix guys to have used quality amendments

not sure what you paid for that gold mix stuff but keep in mind donothinggardening soil mix

works out to be around $900 to buy for a cubic meter

keep in mind in general i'm not saying higher cost means better but in this case i think it does

for your mix as it is i'd add some rock dust , gypsum & dolomite or oyster shell , add minerals basically

add RD @ 2.5 cups per half cubic foot of base mix , add 1/4 cup of gypsum & dolomite or OS to that same

amount of base mix

anyways just an opinion , if you've used your mix B4 & had no probs then

if it ain't broke ......

I have used it before with good results but like most things there is room for improvements like with the things you mentioned. I do use bottled nutes with my mix but usually only fortnightly and its just some Charlie carp and seasol in veg and a flower PK heavy fret from the hydro shop in flower.

I was actually thinking of buying some of DNGs soil and adding it to my mix.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Its sits on a blue tarp under a tree for shade and another blue tarp sits over the top held down by bricks.

On this. I've got 2 pot of soil outside that have dried up to fuck. If I hit them with some water and some mycos etc, can I bring it back to life with a top dressing?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have used it before with good results but like most things there is room for improvements like with the things you mentioned. I do use bottled nutes with my mix but usually only fortnightly and its just some Charlie carp and seasol in veg and a flower PK heavy fret from the hydro shop in flower.

I was actually thinking of buying some of DNGs soil and adding it to my mix.

yep you could add dng soil to your mix or even use it as a top dress 

if you can try doing an AB test with your soil & DNG's soil mix that would be good to see  

charlie carp is cool so is seasol but do you really need them 

i reckon making your own seasol with kelp meal producers a better product 

also making seed sprout teas would give you much more bang for your buck

if it has to be fish & in a bottle i'd go with ECO Aminogro the amino acid will 

work like fulvic acid & help to transport other nutes you add to a feed easier  

as far as the PK booster go's , try it against using coconut water , you can buy 

300ml plain organic nudie coconut water for bout $3 , which is enough to make 

20lt solution , also doesn't hurt to help the coconut along a lill with some fulvic / aminogro

On this. I've got 2 pot of soil outside that have dried up to fuck. If I hit them with some water and some mycos etc, can I bring it back to life with a top dressing?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

you'll need to re-hydrate the soil first , i re-hydrate peat which comes dry & hydrophobic very slowly with a sprayer filled with aloe & water solution 

you need to re wet slowly or the water will just run out the bottom hydrating nothing 

but the best you can do with pots is the moment you chop ya plant throw down some seeds 

they will def help keep a pot hydrated for longer , still need to water the pot though 

ya wanna keep roots growing in the pot all the time , treat the pot as a mini worm farm & feed it 

Edited by itchybromusic