so what will be the criteria you look for porky to stay in dirt as you call it ?

& what kinda dirt ya gonna use , bagged soil from bunnings

pretty much all bagged soil you buy is a soilless medium

& if you plan to buy a bag put it in a pot & stick a plant in it

i'd say don't bother & go grow in coco or something else

imho microorganisms grow plants & there be pretty much zero

organisms in any of those bagged potting mixes , either buy a

living soil or spend the time needed to activate the bagged soil

to throw a cat amongst the pigeons , Sun On Demand Plasma Lighting

one light will do 100 square feet / 9 square meters , of cause you'll prob need a 10 foot tall tent to run it

& you might need to sell your first born to buy one , haven't seen a price on one yet

THE SUN ON DEMAND[emoji769] DEMONSTRATION https://youtu.be/YWTzqn8amcI

BIOMIMICRY, QUALITY, AND THE PRESERVATION OF LANDRACE GENETICS https://youtu.be/EZnjQeQHtXw

FF to 44:10 , interesting what he says about hps /mh & led's ( led's harmful to humans )

what about green light , not needed or is it the spectrum that gives us penetration

billygoat Jeff Lowenfelds , writer of the teaming books , teaming with microbes , teaming with nutrients , teaming with fungi

has a new book out , it's about growing auto's , he reckons the auto flower plants are the next tomato , tomatoes are prob

the most grown plants by people in the world

I make my own soil itichy. Get a small loader bucket of soil co gold blend mix mushroom compost from a farm near me and 12 month old horse shit also from a farm near me, mix in a 100lt bag of perlite and away i go.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

i never measure PH of my soil mix either

do you know whats in the soil gold mix stuff ?

mushroom compost should be ok to use 

so will the horse manure & there local which is good too 

if you want to get somewhere near the rapid growth of chem nutes used with coco 

your going to need a pretty active soil mix 

i'll say as a guess the gold mix stuff is based on what nutrients they added to the mix 

& not how active / alive the soil is 

get yourself a cover crop / green manure seed mix & plant them a month or 2 B4 you 

plug in the important plant , the roots of the seed mix will attract a larger divers set 

of organisms than the horse & mushroom compost will provide , the mushroom & horse

will both add to the mix as well but not to the extent of a seed mix 

at some point i'd suggest making your own soil mix from scratch & not rely on the 

gold mix guys to have used quality amendments 

not sure what you paid for that gold mix stuff but keep in mind donothinggardening soil mix 

works out to be around $900 to buy for a cubic meter 

keep in mind in general i'm not saying higher cost means better but in this case i think it does

for your mix as it is i'd add some rock dust , gypsum & dolomite or oyster shell , add minerals basically 

add RD @ 2.5 cups per half cubic foot of base mix , add 1/4 cup of gypsum & dolomite or OS to that same

amount of base mix 

anyways just an opinion , if you've used your mix B4 & had no probs then 

if it ain't broke ......

Edited by itchybromusic