depends on what you require 

i'll assume the wheaten straw is left overs after harvest 

which would generally mean it is very low or has no nutrients 

full of lignin which feed fungi & is the browns part of greens &

browns composting , also used as bedding for animals 

grains like wheat or barley , grow , gather all the nutrients they require 

in the plant to produce seed , once harvest is happening , all the nutrients 

in the plant has been used up producing seed leaving only straw behind  

lucerne or alfalfa as our American friends call it , is generally harvested as feed

for animals as it has plenty of nutrients in the plant matter B4 producing seed 

this is your greens part of composting 

general rule , straw is bedding for animals ( no nutes ) & hay is feed for animals ( lots of nutes ) 

but as i say that Pea Straw does not fit in that rule , it should be called pea hay as it still has nutrients available 

does that help you to choose your desired mulch pug  

Edited by itchybromusic

i generally go with using straw because i choose to use a living mulch / cover crop 

which i chop & drop on the straw i have in the pot , so i have my browns & greens

along with living green manure as a mulch layer 

thanks itchy. :)

will get some straw .... great advice as always mate.

Edited by pug1010

I can sell pretty much any organic input in larger bulk quantities as well as in the smaller bags... Pickup in Tullamarine for best pricing. Basalt, coral lime, Neem meal, kelp meal, 200x whole leaf aloe powder, potassium silicate, certified organic worm castings, matured, fungal dominant compost, sphagnum peat moss... And soon: lobster shell meal, mussel shell meal, soldier fly insect frass

I can sell pretty much any organic input in larger bulk quantities as well as in the smaller bags... Pickup in Tullamarine for best pricing. Basalt, coral lime, Neem meal, kelp meal, 200x whole leaf aloe powder, potassium silicate, certified organic worm castings, matured, fungal dominant compost, sphagnum peat moss... And soon: lobster shell meal, mussel shell meal, soldier fly insect frass

Will you be listing bulk prices on your website, DNG?

Also will your products be BFA certified?

Will you be listing bulk prices on your website, DNG?

Also will your products be BFA certified?

At some stage we will certify our products. At the moment all of the raw materials we source are either wild harvested, certified organic or a natural, mined input such as the Ag lime. I think I will just tell people to contact me for bulk pricing.

Worm castings are Big Bio... Very high quality, fed a diet of rapid composted food waste and coffee grounds from restaurants, rock minerals on a bed of matured thermophilic compost

At some stage we will certify our products. At the moment all of the raw materials we source are either wild harvested, certified organic or a natural, mined input such as the Ag lime. I think I will just tell people to contact me for bulk pricing.

Worm castings are Big Bio... Very high quality, fed a diet of rapid composted food waste and coffee grounds from restaurants, rock minerals on a bed of matured thermophilic compost

thanks heaps for the info DNG :)

just another question, which would help us out heaps ... could you give us an idea of where your products are sourced from?

thanks mate :)

• Upvote 1

thanks heaps for the info DNG :)

just another question, which would help us out heaps ... could you give us an idea of where your products are sourced from?

thanks mate :)

No problem.

Our lime comes from Gippsland Glencoe company, it's sourced from ancient coral deposits and is best suited for organic agriculture.

Gypsum is simply natural gypsum from a north west Victorian mine, they supply most organic farmers in the state.

Neem meal is certified organic and imported from India by a company called PLANC. He is a well known agronomist and assists farmers in reducing their chemical inputs with Neem products.

Kelp meal is Irish, certified organic in Ireland and imported by Agricultural Solutions who are highly respected regenerative agricultural consultants.

Soft Rock Phosphate is certified organic from Nutri-Tech

Basalt rock dust is sourced from a Daylesford quarry and is popular amongst biodynamic farmers in the area, even as far as north coast NSW due to its incredibly high paramagnetic levels.

Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss is sustainably harvested under strict Canadian guidelines for peat bog management and is of superior quality to European brands. It contains microorganisms and nutrients as it is naturally sun dried.

Our worm castings are made by Big Bio. Big Bio has been certified organic under NASAA guidelines and is a rich source of humus. Most importantly they are providing a solution to food waste by turning it into a high value horticultural input.

Our compost is also made by Big Bio or Geelong Compost who produces their matured product under the soil food web principals an work with Mary Cole of Ag Path to ensure biological diversity.

Scoria is just scoria... As aeration.

200x Aloe powder is also certified organic, is whole leaf and grown in Australia.

• Upvote 1

Our lobster shell meal will be coming from a lobster farm. They are a sustainable fishery and feed an all natural, controlled diet to their lobsters... Our shell meal is highly consistent as a result. They really care about what they are doing and have spent a couple years planning and designing their shell crushing plant. This ticks another sustainability box for them by diverting a waste product towards a high value soil amendment. This will be available in a month or so.
  • Upvote 1