Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

Handles and end hold up to moving them full?

Have only moved them around once, look ok, but i guess if yo moved them often they would probably tear.

I only bought them as they were cheap.  $3.60 each for the 45L size.  They go as big as 2000L.. now that would be  fun no till experiment ! lol

I got them from here.  Cheaper if you pick up.

https://planterbags.com.au/product-category/green-woven-planter-bags/

• Upvote 1

Here's the seed/clone starter living mix. Very simple, contains high quality worm castings in a sphagnum peat moss base with a little aeration, soft coral lime and North Atlantic kelp meal. Hydrated with aloe solution. I'll be testing this out soon and let you all know how I go.

post-64732-0-52393100-1550375353_thumb.jpg

Edited by DoNothingGarden
  • Upvote 1

Tassie kelp meal no good?

It's ok... However the processors destroy alot of the beneficial compounds by kiln drying it. North Atlantic kelp meal is always naturally sun dried and milled at low temps which maintains the growth promoting hormones and other secondary metabolites that are super beneficial in kelp meal... Especially when talking about seedling and clone propagation.

I use kelp a lot.

Surprising the build a soil method doesn't use kelp but fulvic silica and aloe iirc,

What do ya reckon?

Not sure but I bet Jeremy would recommend using it. It contains every growth hormone you can think of. Aloe contains very high levels of salacylic acid and gibberellins so it is a very powerful rooting promotant

Yeah, but that's just a cloning method/solution, not a seed raising media or potting soil. You would use his solution to soak cuttings and the seed/clone raising mix... Then plant or place cutting in mix. Obviously adding kelp to the mix is only going to further add to the root and growth promoting compounds that you already have. Kelp can only help promote growth particularly from auxin and gibberellins. It contains all trace elements as well which is great for when the seedling takes root... The worm castings will provide humic substances and microbiology to make the various organic elements available to the young plant. Testing it now anyway, I'll keep U posted
  • Upvote 1