Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

Your other plants must be jealous billy?

Or have you abondoned them as now you know they will never be as good?

That sounds nasty, I'm not really that nasty,, I just cannot delete it for some reason though....

lol

They’ll come good mate, I’ve just been lazy. Still haven’t potted all my plants up and they are starting to flower.. lol. Least it has kept the size down.. no monsters in my garden :)

IMG_1943.JPG IMG_1945.JPG IMG_1946.JPG

Speaking of do nothing gardening. This 100 barrel was my compost over winter, literally layering food scraps, grass cliipings, garden waste etc till full. Planted a seedsman blueberry fem in there on new years day which sprouted around december 20. No ferterliser needed and have only watered at transplant. Doesnt get much easier

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Sprouted back in time.. impressive lol

Awseome and a bit more aeration in the next batch too, as it really hard for spouting seedlings in it. ?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

More aeration will make it harder to sprout seedlings. At 30% of total volume, Ive included aeration at maximum recommended level for potting mix. You want constant moist contact with seed for germination. That's why propagation peat cubes don't have any aeration in them at all. Better to start seed in a peat cube and transplant it into your soil.

Saying that, I've slightly decreased compost, increased castings and sphagnum peat moss so germination might be a little easier in next batch. However I would still recommend starting seeds in little 1 or 2 inch propagation cubes and transplanting seedling into soil.

Edited by DoNothingGarden
  • Upvote 2